[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
catbomb wrote:
ti pidr :)

zabavno sliwat eto ot evnuha ))
"
tanteMYN wrote:
hi folks,

maybe i can get some help here. i'm playing a reave/bf juggernaut variant and i'm sitting currently at 154k reave tooltipdps. my bf tooltip is ~16k. but i have enormous trouble against t1^6 mapbosses. 1 fight last atleast 2mins+. so what could i do to improve my bladeflurry dps?

i think i'm doing something wrong but i dont know what :D
i'm pressing bf- 6 stacks- release and repeat.
maybe u guys and girls can help me out?

thanks in advance
myn

I'm sorry homie, I've never played a straight up crit build. I've only ever used Resolute Technique and Elemental Overload, both which negate the effects of crit chance/multiplier, so just don't have enough knowledge of what is required for crit DPS.

You might want to check out that "15c BF" build guide that's on this same forum. I think they use crit in the tree.

GL!
A now for a helpful announcement...

Movement skills have always had issues in PoE, this is nothing new and has been admitted by GGG, however Leap Slam is incredibly annoying to use.

In order to better understand the issues and behavior of the skill, I’ve done a bit of testing and recorded a video to highlight the results using a huge mouse pointer so you can see what I mean:

Here's the full video (2min):

Youtube: Leap Slam - Inconsistencies, Dead-Zones

In it you can see me test several things:

Bottom Center: This is the correct behavior. The skill continues to chain uninterrupted.

Top Center: Here we encounter the first issue. While Bottom Center continues uninterrupted, doing the same thing at the top center makes the toon take a couple of steps before leaping.

Side Corners: This is the same behavior as Top Center. You’ll take a few steps before leaping.

Top Corners: Here is where the real problems come out! There’s a HUGE dead-zone, where if you happen to have your mouse over and try to use the skill it just won’t do anything at all.

Bottom Corners: Here there is no dead-zone, but there is the same 1-2 steps before leaping, exactly the same behaviour as “Top Center”.

So, until this is fixed (if ever), what can you do about it?

Make sure you always leap Down Center if you need to get out of something immediately. Having your mouse at any other location is going to either hit a dead-zone and not do anything, or you’re going to take a few steps before leaping, which can be deadly when you need to get away from something ASAP.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Mar 28, 2018, 2:47:32 PM
Important 3.2 update!

Finally getting comfortable with T16 single-target damage!

Here I am face tanking Chimera without a life flask still:

Full video of some trash and the deathless boss fight:

Youtube: TectonicJuggernaut - T16 Chimera (Trash, Boss Fight, Deathless, Face Tank, No Life Flask)
*video didn't record sound, so added some music

Let's take a look at the current gear and I'll go over the latest changes:

https://pastebin.com/vYwUaGs1

The biggest change are the rings. As you can see, I got me a very nice opal (350c) and a sweet two-stone (30c) to which I crafted Spider aspect.

This means we drop Herald of Ash for it and Spider really is a lovely skill! It provides great QoL, similar to running something like Temporal Chains; the mob slowdown is very very nice and the extra damage makes us not miss Herald.

Also, that let me pick up Fortify for added tankiness. I also switched Chain Support to Innervate on the Lightpoacher for added chance to Shock/Innervate.

The next biggest change are the jewels, where you can see I've picked up a lot more Attack Speed, and it really does make a big difference! And as an added bonus the Leap Slam is super fast now ;)

I also grabbed chance to gain: Unholy Might, Onslaught, Extra Fire Dmg, and to Poison mobs.

Regarding tankiness, as you can see I am relying entirely on the healing from Kingsguard + regen.

In that video I am using Brine King + Shakari Pantheon, which means that combined we are immune to:

Bleed, Freeze, Ignite, Poison, Stun (if stunned recently), and 50% reduced Chill.

That is an impressive list of resistances IMHO. And considering how deadly we all know the adds in Chimera are, for me to survive double projectile danger noodles is a pretty respectable feat without a life flask. For even more tankiness on those rippy maps, I switch to that rare amulet (7c) to make me Elemental Weakness capped.

Lastly, the DPS could be a lot better in that fight, and that is my fault... I really am pretty bad at keeping up my Orb of Storms, Blood Rage, and flask management. A better player than me could have done this a hell of a lot quicker, but you can judge that for yourselves.

Stay tuned for more T16+ videos, now that I've reached 95 and can focus on it without worrying about dying.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Apr 1, 2018, 12:25:33 AM
Quick video update..

Let me show you how tanky this guy is on the rippy exile bosses on T15 Shaped Precinct with:

Extra lightning dmg
Power charges on hit
Elemental weakness
41% more monster life
No life flask

If you notice, the cyclone exile has a Tormented Spirit too ;)

Here's a short HQ video of it. In it you can see I switched to Arakaali + Shakari for that kill and then because of that I was getting stunned by the Carcass beast:

Youtube: TectonicJuggernaut - T15 Shaped Precinct/Carcass Extreme Face Tanking

Lastly, here's a T16 Hydra deathless full run with Elemental Equilibrium + 60% reduced curse effect so DPS was pretty gimped:

Youtube: TectonicJuggernaut - T16 Hydra (Full Run, Deathless, No Life Flask, Elem. Equi., 60% Less Curse)

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Apr 1, 2018, 8:04:13 AM
Quick video update...

So, been working on T16 single target DPS.

Testing Molten Strike:

Here's a couple of quick DPS tests, one using 2 x Wildfire jewels and the other without:

MoltenStrikeJuggernaut: T16 Chimera (DPS Test #1, No Wildfire)
MoltenStrikeJuggernaut: T16 Chimera (DPS Test #2, 2 x Wildfire)

What did I change?

1) Swap helmets
2) 2 x Abyss jewels > 2 x Wildfires jewels
3) Melee Physical Dmg + Tectonic > Ancestral Call + Molten Strike
4) Point Blank in tree
5) Avian Aspect (10% chance for double dmg)

I'm sure I could squeeze more DPS out of, but for a quick swap of gear I'm happy with under ~40sec Chimera kills.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Apr 4, 2018, 1:18:15 AM
3.2 MoltenStrike Update...

Had to take another break, but I'm back ;) and...

Decided to make the switch to MS completely and have optimized it some.

Here's the full run:

YouTube: MoltenStrikeJuggernaut: T16 Chimera (Full Run)

PoB Export:
https://pastebin.com/iui3U9pz *Setup for Shaper DPS.

Gear Changes:

I always look for a GG Deidbell to Fate early in league in case I wanna play A. Warchief and I got lucky with the enchant. Turns out it's pretty damned good for this MS variant. And of course picked up Enduring Cry for the warcry.

Without Tectonic consuming Endurance Charges, Kingsguard does nothing, and I had all the beasts for an Astral Plate, and then just Beast Crafted it again with Maximum Life until I got something somewhat decent. Actively trying to 6L a Loreweave to test too. You can see the links I'm using for MS and just swap IAoE <> Conc. at bosses.

Again, without the Tectonic + Kingsguard healing, it was rough to use Nebuloch, and it turns out Doriyani's is pretty damned good with this variant, so I 30% corrupted it. Bought it a long time ago, like 15-30c. Also, mana regen is enough now that I don't need Blood Magic for Leap Slamming non-stop.

The jewels:

The rest you've seen before:

And as you can see I picked up a Life Flask, again because of the loss of Tectonic + Kingsguard healing.

I also switched skills around for the option to run CWDT for Golem and Blood Rage. This is mostly for bosses, as it's pretty hard to keep them up yourself during T16+ fights and you're usually taking enough damage to let CWDT keep them up for you. As you can see in the video, if I want to self cast, I just remove the gem for a sec, cast and re-add and I remove it completely for Uber Lab so I can self-cast at Izaro. Also, speaking of Uber Lab; this toon is an amazing farmer! Pick Arakaali + Ralakesh and you can just take a stroll through traps easy mode.

Anyway, besides that, check out the changes to the tree to pick up Iron Grip, Point Blank and some Cold Pen. to make up for the loss of the Mace/Stun nodes. One nice thing about that though is that the build can once again use any weapon that works with MS, so lots more options than just maces.

Stay tuned for more MS updates...

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Apr 13, 2018, 4:43:19 PM
in the jugg frostbreath/nebuloch version....how to sustain mana?

i miss something? look my char pls seem funny build but every 3 hit i must leace the fight....
"
Beskaius wrote:
in the jugg frostbreath/nebuloch version....how to sustain mana?

i miss something? look my char pls seem funny build but every 3 hit i must leace the fight....

You did miss the single Mana Leech node:

Hey man, I return. You won't remember me after so long, but I rather loved your hipster unique 3.0 build with the pseudo-vaal claw and Blade Flurry.

I'm on my 6th or 7th character since I came back a week ago still trying to find something that appeals to me, so I remembered to check your thread. It's good to see you're still having fun here :)

Of all your variants what would you recommend? I'm a fan of standing AFK on lab traps :D I was looking at that Tectonic one since I like the visuals and the whole stun shtick. I see you've moved out to Molten Strikes though which isn't my thing.

I doubt I'll ever get to Shaper so I'm more into map clearing and surviving its bosses. The Cyclone variants might be more up my alley.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info