[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

"
onlyjb wrote:
Sorry for all fellow nerds that have trouble with the build right now. I have VERY sparse time currently and cant answer every question, the full overhaul of the build will follow within this week tho.

To clarify a bit atleast:

This build has a pretty weak midgame. This is normal - keep going. It reaches real power around lv 70-80 where you get Vaal Pact. Your defense basically is the waste amount of lifeleech, obtained through Warlord's Mark and a Vinktar flask (Vinktar is necessary with low damage, minmaxed gear will let you leech enough with only Warlords).

Warlords Mark is also the reason why i never run out of mana. No leech maps can be countered with any mana flask (i prefer Laviangas Spirit).

With VP and enough damage, the CwS setup will destroy anything in closerange and push you to full life instantly. Ranged attacks can be dodged easy with Whirling Blades.

1000x sorry for the slow progression here - expect the full overhaul with more details than ever before soon :)

I almost have everything from your suggestions (only 2 good rings are missing but I don't think the rings help in defence). The problem first is that my life is almost half of what u r suggesting for 3.0, but I have about 1000 more ES. I don't have a lot of currency left to change the important items from ES to life.

U say warlords mark is the reason u never run out of mana. I don't see it cast too much. Maybe I am doing it wrong. I should be very close to the mobs for it to work? Can u check pls your dps now with 3.0? I get something like 4.5K on BL with no buffs at all. Just standing on the map with golem and the 2 heralds.
Last edited by icy20 on Aug 14, 2017, 3:54:42 PM
This build seems like a ton of fun, but I'm going to have to wait for the overhaul. Survivability is basically zero, it seems, until you get VP after beating Act 10.

I'm only on Act 3 but am already seriously struggling to live against rare and unique enemies. Only takes two or three hits before I'm on low life. Kill times are pretty fast, at least.

I know you said that the build just is weak midgame, but I think you should try to add a midgame survivability option; maybe MoM with a couple extra max mana/regen nodes that you can refund later. Maybe take out the temporary allocation to Celestial Punishment, and shift it to MoM.
Last edited by Quote_a on Aug 14, 2017, 12:53:08 PM
"
icy20 wrote:
U say warlords mark is the reason u never run out of mana. I don't see it cast too much. Maybe I am doing it wrong. I should be very close to the mobs for it to work? Can u check pls your dps now with 3.0? I get something like 3.5K on BL with no buffs at all. Just standing on the map.

Onlyjb uses Warlords Mark in the orb of storms setup with curse on hit, to curse the enemys and generate charges. So basically: move to enemies, cast orb and start casting balls.

To onlyjb:
I have been playing this build as life-version and managed to take down Hydra on a 5-Link at lvl 86 (Balls-Echo-SlowerProj-FasterCasting-CritStrikes...all lvl 19 with 0q). It was my first Hydra kill (ever), so i died 3 times. I think I could/should have done this deathless if I had more experience.

So now my questions:

1. Do you plan on including Arcane Surge into the build? I used it attached to orb of storms instead of the coh-wm link. With this change I also linked a culling strike to it but had to run Warlords with Blashpemy.

2. As I felt that I needed more leech against bosses, I included a Bereks Grip together with a Call of the Brotherhood. Do you think two good Opal Rings would provide enough damage to compensate for the missing leech (without flasks)?

3. How much life do you think is neccessary for the build? Im currently sitting at 5k with 163% on tree and 4 jewels, each having life on them. Additionally, I have MoM. At lvl 90 i plan to have 173% and another jewel. Do you think this will be enough.

4. Maybe any comments on my gear? (In Spoiler)
Spoiler

Please note that the chest currently is not 5-linked. I tried to 6-link and had no luck...

But anyways, thanks for the great build. Looking forward to reading your finished guide for 3.0 :)
Last edited by Schcream on Aug 14, 2017, 12:58:02 PM
After i config my passive 3-4 time now i thing i very like this build so much :)
thank you for build and very fun :)

Update
I try to swap gem Herald of Thunder ---> Wrath DMG can boost so much
I wait for 2 enlighten level 3 for test it i dont sure this is work but i can try
I think set-up aura
Wrath-Herald of ice-enlighten level3
Warlord mark-blasphemy-enlighten level3
Reduced mana reserved in passive is 12% but may be i can pick 4% -> 16% mana reserved

Another plan i look find use MOM
But if i pick it i can use 2 aura i think warlord mark and herald of ice
not sure for warlord mark ! if i can leech life and mana or i have Lavianga spirit ?

And the last in the end game i want to try dual void battary may be ? hahaha

ps.i wait for watching you full 3.0 build

Good Luck And Success !!!

Last edited by deadmanio on Aug 15, 2017, 12:17:26 PM
Thanks for the guide. At what level should you stop with your 'leveling' gems and whatnot, and switch to the ones here?
Very interesting build...

Any advice on using Belly for a pure HP build and maybe adding MoM onto it.

Will be using dual void battery too...

Is the dps on your screenshot buffed with an auramancer?
Last edited by cyuansheng on Aug 15, 2017, 8:43:22 AM
"
Quote_a wrote:
Survivability is basically zero, it seems, until you get VP after beating Act 10.

I'm only on Act 3 but am already seriously struggling to live against rare and unique enemies. Only takes two or three hits before I'm on low life. Kill times are pretty fast, at least.

A3-4 and A10 will be hard, you prolly could spec a leveling tree, i prefer to play with perma Whirling Blades to dodge. If u need help with a leveling tree check any generic caster level guide.

"
Schcream wrote:

1. Do you plan on including Arcane Surge into the build? I used it attached to orb of storms instead of the coh-wm link. With this change I also linked a culling strike to it but had to run Warlords with Blashpemy.

If u want to cull i'd recomend to try Heartbreaker in weapon swap. Arcane Surge is still in analysis, but it is potentialy a good option.

"
Schcream wrote:

2. As I felt that I needed more leech against bosses, I included a Bereks Grip together with a Call of the Brotherhood. Do you think two good Opal Rings would provide enough damage to compensate for the missing leech (without flasks)?

Two very good Opal Rings may compensate, only use them if u have waste crit already tho.

"
Schcream wrote:

3. How much life do you think is neccessary for the build? Im currently sitting at 5k with 163% on tree and 4 jewels, each having life on them. Additionally, I have MoM. At lvl 90 i plan to have 173% and another jewel. Do you think this will be enough.

6k should be fine till Shaper, for Zana's dad himself i'd recomend life & es combined of 7k+.

"
Schcream wrote:

Spoiler

Please note that the chest currently is not 5-linked. I tried to 6-link and had no luck...

No complains - nice mid to high map gear.

"
cyuansheng wrote:
Any advice on using Belly for a pure HP build and maybe adding MoM onto it.
Will be using dual void battery too...

Thats a pretty tanky variant, cant await your feedback how it is going.
My advice is: farm a lot. Coloring that Belly will be more expensive than you may expect.
If u manage to get it anyways, im sure this has big potential.

"
cyuansheng wrote:
Is the dps on your screenshot buffed with an auramancer?

No, this screenshot was made with dual Voidbee's in a solo fight situation. I used potions and was on full powercharge.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
"
Schcream wrote:
"
icy20 wrote:
U say warlords mark is the reason u never run out of mana. I don't see it cast too much. Maybe I am doing it wrong. I should be very close to the mobs for it to work? Can u check pls your dps now with 3.0? I get something like 3.5K on BL with no buffs at all. Just standing on the map.

Onlyjb uses Warlords Mark in the orb of storms setup with curse on hit, to curse the enemys and generate charges. So basically: move to enemies, cast orb and start casting balls.

To onlyjb:
I have been playing this build as life-version and managed to take down Hydra on a 5-Link at lvl 86 (Balls-Echo-SlowerProj-FasterCasting-CritStrikes...all lvl 19 with 0q). It was my first Hydra kill (ever), so i died 3 times. I think I could/should have done this deathless if I had more experience.

So now my questions:

Spoiler

But anyways, thanks for the great build. Looking forward to reading your finished guide for 3.0 :)

Mate u got 5k combined or 5k flat life?

Also do u guys think a rare dagger will be better than the heartbreaker I already have?
Last edited by icy20 on Aug 16, 2017, 12:31:43 AM
Any recommendations for 4B1G1R / 4B2G lol, having spent around 2k in chromes for my belly and couldn't get a 5B1G... I'm predicting that I will be needing upwards for 5k more....
Hi, first time player here and Having fun with the build thx a lot!.
So im currently lvl 73 but having some dex problems to equip greens(faster attacks, slower/faster projectiles). therefore i have to use perandus instead of doryani's so need some suggestions for rings to cover the dex problem meanwhile covering some resists too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info