[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

I complained before, but a couple of days ago I got a Tabula Rasa drop and decided to try again with a beefier spell. Leveling works a lot better, like most builds, when you can get a 6L right off the bat. I also spent one point to get MoM, which I'll refund when I work my way down to Vaal Pact.

I'm in Act 4, just about to enter Belly of the Beast. Pretty breezy since I started using the Tabula Rasa. Health and mana are kept up very well by Warlord's Mark now that I'm doing more damage. Bosses are harder, but usually its minions and my flasks keep me at safe levels.

One thing I learned is to not sit and hold the casting. Usually one or two BL has been enough to take care of a small pack, it just takes a second for the BL to travel and deal its damage. It's been saving a ton of mana for me, with only a small hit to clear speed. Later on I'm sure I won't need to do this but for now it's good enough.

Highly recommend a TR to anyone trying to level this build. It's only a few Chaos and helps a TON, not just with this build, but every build.

I'll post again when I finish Act 10, which probably won't be for a few days since I have classes starting Monday. Hopefully my leveling goes smoothly!
"
fleokan wrote:
Check The Rippling Thoughts, seems to be best weapon for this build , at least one - adds a ton of damage , frees up arcane surge slot and enable whirling blades

And about critical chance? The Arcane Surge has a 8s cd
"

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4HYwmqDFIN0Q5IES0RlhZAFm8aOBvIHNwdFCBuJy8pTyoLLJwtHzY9OthBlkWdSU9JUUyzUDBTUlVLVcZd8mHiY0NmVGaeakNrt2yMcFJ8g35Zf8aCm4PbhTKFe4V9idOLjIw2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZJulSCVLpctmjua4J2qogCio6cIpzSoua6ztvq5k7xWvKq86sBmwJrAnMHzwwnLvdD10nzVptn84XPjauOE6-7r9ew47Tzw1fId96b53frS?accountName=cyuansheng&characterName=AlohaMahFriend

I need help. I can't seem to get my damage to go up. Don't matter the gem level, the difference cannot be THAT huge. I'm getting 13k tooltip dps with 8 power charges. Ascendancy is at 6/8.
Last edited by cyuansheng on Aug 19, 2017, 4:34:45 AM
poor man's / leveling tip: Voice of the Storm is usable since level 40 and is 20% cheaper when upgraded to Choir of the Storm

also axiom perpetuum x2 looks to be very good and cheap leveling weapon until 50

edit: actually, i found axioms > hearthbreakers in terms of dps (40% crit chance vs 30%) . i would get one hearthbreaker to enable whirling blades and culling strike and keep my other axiom for now
Last edited by fleokan on Aug 19, 2017, 1:30:17 PM
"
cyuansheng wrote:
"

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4HYwmqDFIN0Q5IES0RlhZAFm8aOBvIHNwdFCBuJy8pTyoLLJwtHzY9OthBlkWdSU9JUUyzUDBTUlVLVcZd8mHiY0NmVGaeakNrt2yMcFJ8g35Zf8aCm4PbhTKFe4V9idOLjIw2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZJulSCVLpctmjua4J2qogCio6cIpzSoua6ztvq5k7xWvKq86sBmwJrAnMHzwwnLvdD10nzVptn84XPjauOE6-7r9ew47Tzw1fId96b53frS?accountName=cyuansheng&characterName=AlohaMahFriend

I need help. I can't seem to get my damage to go up. Don't matter the gem level, the difference cannot be THAT huge. I'm getting 13k tooltip dps with 8 power charges. Ascendancy is at 6/8.

Your gear sucks. It's just res and life gear. No %lit dmg, no spell dmg..

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my gear though besides the rings and helm..
It's absolutely impossible to level with this. Jesus christ this is garbage.
"
notmycar wrote:
It's absolutely impossible to level with this. Jesus christ this is garbage.

what do you mean? i leveled from level 1 with freezing pulse and double axiom , switched to bl/orb at 28 - game was a breeze compared to my last two builds, specially when i picked amulet at 40
Last edited by fleokan on Aug 20, 2017, 5:09:40 AM
Spoiler

"
cyuansheng wrote:
"

"

"
cyuansheng wrote:

Man, what you have on your char became completely different build. I guess noone will help you out in this thread...
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
can somebody tell me which gems/combos to use levelling from 15-28? I am finding that I do very little damage, what should I be using until I get BL?
I am a total newbie to POE fwiw, so bear that in mind
Thanks
"
mybackissore wrote:
can somebody tell me which gems/combos to use levelling from 15-28? I am finding that I do very little damage, what should I be using until I get BL?
I am a total newbie to POE fwiw, so bear that in mind
Thanks

pesonally, i did freezing pulse since level 1 with tabula rasa, double lifesping and then axioms
you can skip tabula as well, 4L is more than enough till 38

i forgot treshhold gem and used LMP, you could probably do even better with 2xFirst Snow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info