[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

slayer cant satisfy me, i was super fast with zerker
reroll zerker then
Last edited by dtk92892 on Jun 12, 2019, 9:55:40 AM
Multistrike might be better for this build once this issue is resolved:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bzk5ae/patch_370f_hotfix_animation_cancelling_fixed/eqt84cy?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

It seems that the first hit will animation cancel itself if you hold down the button for your skill (eg. gs, hs, sunder). So you only ever the the first hit.
"
Hi at all

I play this build first time in a league. So i have no idea about it :-)

I played a wi build 5 leagues and that was really tanky and had minor probs with all contend.

But in melee league i want to try something new. so i come to this build.

now my questions.

i die really often again the syndicate members. As they arent a problem till now, any tips to survive. til now i cast wi and wait til they die. But i cant stun them and the leech is not enought to survive.

the legion mobs often kill me from offscreen. I think its not only a problem with that build, but any tips ?

delve works really fine.

If we go for kaoms (IF i can afford one) we relay only on life. Is there a better choise? as Armour is changed in 3.7 the only really def mechanic is fortify and doging. or dont i oversee something?

freezing is a big problem for me. Is a anti freeze flask the only thing we can do ? (ocultist was freeze immun)

Would be verry happy to get tips to play this build the league. But if i cant stun something (this fucking roa wasnt a problem for me in any league. Now he killed me twice as it looks its stun immun ?!)

As i played a es build chaos dmg wasnt a problem. What to do against ? do you invest in some chaos res or only with flasks?

any advice is verry welcome. If the build works its really funny. but to die 4 times from offscreen mobs or syndicate members i dont know til now and isnt really funny.

thx for reading and perhaps answering.

The only real change armour received was Molten Shell. Armour is still pretty ineffective most of the times.

You need to have a utility flask to pop with freeze immunity. Soul of the Brine King can alleviate the problem with freeze / chill but you still need the flask. I usually just pop my flasks when I see a pack of potentially dangerous mobs to avoid any chance of chocking.

As for syndicate members, I actually never died to one this league. You need to have a grasp of "if I can just pop flasks and out DPS them" and if the answer is no, you need to run in circles and do hit and run stuff. Having a number of utility flasks rather than life flasks helps in this case.

We definitely want Kaoms. Having a bigger life pool solves all the defense problems. Life is like a reliable fixed percentage of physical / elemental / chaos damage mitigation. You don't need chaos resist, there is no way we can stack a high enough chaos resist to be effective.

I noticed that you're pretty under leveled. If you can do your merci lab soon, having Brutal Fervour offers a lot to your survival.
wow

thanks for the awesome answer. So i will try the new playstyle. I normaly hate totems but if that works with bleed it would be great :-) as the syndicate member run a lot around :-)

so i try first the merciless lab if that helps.

Thanks for the answers.

edit 1

a last question.

is the pob tree in the guide still the tree to go? i saw you experimented a bit with other options.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Jun 12, 2019, 1:45:46 PM
"
wow

thanks for the awesome answer. So i will try the new playstyle. I normaly hate totems but if that works with bleed it would be great :-) as the syndicate member run a lot around :-)

so i try first the merciless lab if that helps.

Thanks for the answers.

edit 1

a last question.

is the pob tree in the guide still the tree to go? i saw you experimented a bit with other options.

The PoB tree is definitely fine, but you should also look at the messy picture in the passives section and make minor adjustments yourself.
Heya brightwaha! I'm having loads of fun with your build. Got real lucky and six linked 2 tidebreakers myself!

I'm experimenting with the different AoE setups right now, but can't seem to find a good skill to clear legion monuments with. Vaal Earthquake and Consecrated Path aren't working out for me.

Any tips on AoE setups for legion?
Vaal Ground Slam and Vaal Ancestral Warchief do a great job to tag Legion mobs, with a lot of AoE and +weapon range of course

Zerk with full rage you just put down a totem, leap slam -> vaal ground slam -> leap slam -> vaal ground slam -> leap slam -> vaal ground slam

Very satisfying :)

[Edit] 2 6L tidebreaker isn't "lucky" it's goddamn impossible !! still don't have a 5L :D
And I don't think you should use Impale with your HS setup, look at previous posts
Last edited by Kirbynou on Jun 13, 2019, 5:37:41 AM
Mastermind is total pain with this - i think i know the mechanics and i did it many time with different builds, considering it easy fight. But i never payed attention to the "cant be fully slowed" tag... :-( Wonder why builds with 20m DPS killing it withing a few seconds are not a problem, but stun/freeze builds with low dmg is something GGG needs to adress.
Last edited by evilmindcz on Jun 13, 2019, 6:54:26 AM
Anyway, after wasting 700 fusings i finaly bought a 6L and decided to try the Shaper - and he was permastuned all the fight! :-) Still need to work on my map pool to get to the Uber Elder.

My equip so far:
Spoiler
"
toilet94 wrote:
Heya brightwaha! I'm having loads of fun with your build. Got real lucky and six linked 2 tidebreakers myself!

Holy shit dude I'm so jealous. How much did you spend total?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info