[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Isn't Slayer clearly the best class for this build ATM? With Berserker's Rage stacks being kinda clunky I feel Slayer has the advantage here, specially with the new crit path through Overhelm. I made a brief build using a standard character and I've reached 41% crit chance with tidebreaker, and I was not even trying. I think with optimal gear we reach 50-60%, with massive double damage chance, ruthless and crit multiplier, one hit with this will blow everything up.
Maybe crit would need to be looked at as another build possibly? If you start going crit, you have to not take Resolute Technique, once you do that you start needing accuracy and then that opens up the build to a lot of changes or am I wrong?
Can anybody recommend a clearing spell for the "frozen" legion encounters?

Right now im using Heavy Strike AoE setup and it´s pretty bad because I´m berserker and locked into multistrike.

Or maybe some trick like haemophilia (doesn´t work).
"
driiifter wrote:
Maybe crit would need to be looked at as another build possibly? If you start going crit, you have to not take Resolute Technique, once you do that you start needing accuracy and then that opens up the build to a lot of changes or am I wrong?

The new accuracy nodes in weapons trees, Slayer's New Impact node and Precision aura are more than enough to ensure you have 90%+ accuracy. If you ask me, it's a more than worth trade off. Not mentioning that precision aura also gives you more critical chance. Not mentioning increased damage from critical strikes is equal to more stuns.
"
Ionlyplaynude wrote:

Right now im using Heavy Strike AoE setup and it´s pretty bad because I´m berserker and locked into multistrike.

Personally I'm using my the groundslam setup from the recommended gems section and it works great (gs - brutality - Shockwave - pulverize - melee Phys - fortify). I'm sure sunder and we would work great too. I feel safer with the rEST and stun duration from gs tho.
Apparently you've done the research, I would take your word for it.

To answer your question, I do actually think Slayer is the best for this build. I've tried Glad and Champ, Slayer's over leech really pushes it over the edge for me. (Champ was nerfed not too long ago)

The Heavy Strike aoe setup doesn't seem great against the Legion encounters for a few reasons: it's timed, obviously and you just don't cover enough area with damage. Also the dudes don't exactly all rush you, if you're out of range they kinda gravitate towards other monsters, meaning you lose clock trying to get to them, which doesn't favor Heavy Strike's limited range.

Some of those rare monsters take an absolute beating this early on, even with Heavy Strike single target.

I've kinda been skipping those until my damage increases. The loot is good though, don't get me wrong.
Last edited by driiifter on Jun 11, 2019, 10:18:50 AM
snipped for double post
Last edited by driiifter on Jun 11, 2019, 10:19:10 AM
"
Ionlyplaynude wrote:

I use Grand Slam AoE setup with Rapid Expansion, that covers more or less 180 rectangle. But this is really is not best build for this kind of challenge, even if i already did the actual 150+ challenge and full clear of all armies, you just need some luck with a map layout.
How do you use molten shell/iron skill/IC now? I tried both manually launched or CWDT20, but neither does really solve the problem with ranged attacks for me... :-(
The way to solve ranged attacks is just kill them quickly and/or leap slam into the ranged packs. Ranged stuff should take priority if you see it and you should be thinking of your ability to stunlock stuff as a defensive tool as well as offensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info