[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Tanaomit wrote:
Anyone able to help me out? I got a bunch of low level uniques to start leveling & made the mistake of not keeping an eye out for rare upgrades. Now, in act 6 at level 47, I have 1% fire res, -7% cold res, 48% light res, 71 armor & only 1261 HP. I am literally getting destroyed by everything & it's incredibly frustrating. Do I basically have to go spend a bunch of C on rare gear now to get myself where I need to, so that I can continue? If so, can you guys recommend some stats on stuff? I was having so much fun & now I've hit a brick wall. I can't even sustain RF either, it instantly drains me to 0 with PoF oin

You have to focus on maximizing your resists to feel fine, prices for rings with 40+ double res start at 1 alc on poe.trade. You may find something good and cheap there. I wouldn't waste much currency while leveling, just look for resists you lack, life and/or ES mods.
"
anone wrote:
"
Honking wrote:
Are we able to fit in Herald of Ash somehow? That more burning damage thing seems like it would be huuuuge for this build

The question is whether or not it's worth it

does that thing even work with DOT?

€"...Grants a buff providing fire damage based on your physical damage."

from the wiki

It also has a more burning damage modifier on it
"
Ahfack wrote:
and you shouldn't be using iron will anymore since 3.0

inc burning damage and efficiacy and swift affliction is what you want

ok, i give it a try - damage seems better, but still problems not to be ripped apart while channeling ( 1k life ).

"
Windgaming wrote:

i wonder how this worked for you on hardcore? i think i have to go on with magma orb o.O

You may try using SR + CWC + Firestorm + CD (or EF, CE). That worked well for me while i was lvling (until i was able to sustain RF, 70+ lvl).[/quote]

thank you ...

CWC = cast when crit?
CD = ?
EF = ?
CE = ?

Sorry not firm in all those shortcuts, but i try to understand what you say ;)
Last edited by bex_HB on Sep 26, 2017, 1:32:51 PM
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Tanaomit wrote:
Anyone able to help me out? I got a bunch of low level uniques to start leveling & made the mistake of not keeping an eye out for rare upgrades. Now, in act 6 at level 47, I have 1% fire res, -7% cold res, 48% light res, 71 armor & only 1261 HP. I am literally getting destroyed by everything & it's incredibly frustrating. Do I basically have to go spend a bunch of C on rare gear now to get myself where I need to, so that I can continue? If so, can you guys recommend some stats on stuff? I was having so much fun & now I've hit a brick wall. I can't even sustain RF either, it instantly drains me to 0 with PoF oin

You have to focus on maximizing your resists to feel fine, prices for rings with 40+ double res start at 1 alc on poe.trade. You may find something good and cheap there. I wouldn't waste much currency while leveling, just look for resists you lack, life and/or ES mods.

Yeah, I spent about 10-15c getting gear & mats to socket/chrome them, plays much better now. I can't sustain RF yet though it seems, even though I'm almost 50. How come?

Current res is: 97 fir/67 cold/76 light

Oh & what Pantheon choices do we make?
Last edited by Tanaomit on Sep 26, 2017, 1:39:40 PM
"
bex_HB wrote:

CWC = cast when crit?
CD = ?
EF = ?
CE = ?
Sorry not firm in all those shortcuts, but i try to understand what you say ;)

CWC - cast while channeling
CD = Controlled destruction
EF = Elemental Focus
CE = Concentrated effect
I guess EF is your best choice if you're using 4-link. SR + CWC + Firestorm + EF>CE>CD
Last edited by Windgaming on Sep 26, 2017, 2:01:40 PM
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Tanaomit wrote:

Yeah, I spent about 10-15c getting gear & mats to socket/chrome them, plays much better now. I can't sustain RF yet though it seems, even though I'm almost 50. How come?

Current res is: 97 fir/67 cold/76 light

Oh & what Pantheon choices do we make?

Soul of Arakaali for sure, BiS.
And i use Soul of Tukomaha as minor one.
"
Honking wrote:
"
anone wrote:
"
Honking wrote:
Are we able to fit in Herald of Ash somehow? That more burning damage thing seems like it would be huuuuge for this build

The question is whether or not it's worth it

does that thing even work with DOT?

€"...Grants a buff providing fire damage based on your physical damage."

from the wiki

It also has a more burning damage modifier on it

As it was said on the previous page more burning damage modifier does NOT work for SR and RF and anything else except Herald of Ash itself.
"
Windgaming wrote:

Soul of Arakaali for sure, BiS.
And i use Soul of Tukomaha as minor one.

AWesome, thanks so much for all your help man.
I have the gear to do this build. I've been trying to level it as is; Never been more frustrated trying to get through act 5. edit* I realize that using whatever gear I want just doesn't work. No longer frustrated.
Last edited by stratx on Sep 26, 2017, 9:24:24 PM
Hey does anyone know for legacy variants if the %reduced damage taken over time has to be a perfect 20% or something like 18% suffice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info