[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Tanaomit wrote:
I've noticed a few streamers have swapped to life based RF/SR Jugg, instead of this one. Keep in mind they're HC, so maybe that changes things.

Just wondering how people think that compares to this spec? I've done it twice now & enjoyed it, but some seem to say the life based Jugg version is better at all bosses, aside from Uber Atziri. I am currently using a spectre build for mapping, but want a dedicated boss farmer. Was going to do this again, but as I said, saw some swapping to the jugg version. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I'd like to hear an experienced opinion too, but one thing we can see by importing top ranked players from poe.ninja. This build (not a standard, but a character following almost this guide) does at least double the damage of jugg, but jugg has way more life regen.
http://poe.ninja/builds/char/VRZWY/Kokc%C3%ADdio?i=0&search=class%3DJuggernaut%26skill%3DRighteous%20Fire
http://poe.ninja/builds/char/Moscorpion/ThermionicBeam?i=8&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DRighteous%20Fire

I'd like to know about that other guardian rf variant, using memory vault and doon cuebiyari. Would all that defense be better to lose almost half dps that this build and almost no net regen?
http://poe.ninja/builds/char/pyxis14/DickSmell?i=0&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DRighteous%20Fire

PS.: I know that we can't just talk about damage when gears can be different, but it's at least something.

"
MaryBane wrote:
Hi guys

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? I bought gear for all my currency to try this build out in order to beat uber elder, but i can't even turn on RF without dying, it's not sustaining itself.

im on 5.3k es, still room for 3 jewels to buy but thats about it.

Its my character, letsgobeasts

Dude... C'mon. Follow the guide. Or you'll tell me that you haven't seen that this is a GUARDIAN built, not a hiero?
Last edited by Darkkaos on Mar 20, 2018, 9:23:30 AM
"
Darkkaos wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to hear an experienced opinion too, but one thing we can see by importing top ranked players from poe.ninja. This build (not a standard, but a character following almost this guide) does at least double the damage of jugg, but jugg has way more life regen.
http://poe.ninja/builds/char/VRZWY/Kokc%C3%ADdio?i=0&search=class%3DJuggernaut%26skill%3DRighteous%20Fire
http://poe.ninja/builds/char/Moscorpion/ThermionicBeam?i=8&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DRighteous%20Fire

Yeah, I think this one does more DPS cause you have a 6L SR vs a 4l or Psuedo 5L with the jugg version. However, watching Zizaran's latest video, fully geared he has like 4k life regen vs 1.8 or so for this version. So maybe Jugg life based is better/safer for HC, while this might be better for softcore, where your survivability isn't as big an issue.
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
Darkkaos wrote:

Yeah, I think this one does more DPS cause you have a 6L SR vs a 4l or Psuedo 5L with the jugg version. However, watching Zizaran's latest video, fully geared he has like 4k life regen vs 1.8 or so for this version. So maybe Jugg life based is better/safer for HC, while this might be better for softcore, where your survivability isn't as big an issue.

Yeah, it's a lot of regen. Btw, this build can go almost 3k es regen. aka almost 2k net life regen. Ziz has 4.5k and almost 3.3k net regen.

His damage loss comes from not having 6l, sure, but his rings do that too. Removing that to increase damage get his regen a lot weak (almost 2k net regen). Ofc that he has that crazy phys. reduction >.< and that's why I'd love to hear someone with really good experience :p

PS.: Something good about jugg RF is that ES RF has became a lot cheaper :p
Last edited by Darkkaos on Mar 20, 2018, 1:15:48 PM
"
Darkkaos wrote:

Yeah, it's a lot of regen. Btw, this build can go almost 3k es regen. aka almost 2k net life regen. Ziz has 4.5k and almost 3.3k net regen.

His damage loss comes from not having 6l, sure, but his rings do that too. Removing that to increase damage get his regen a lot weak (almost 2k net regen). Ofc that he has that crazy phys. reduction >.< and that's why I'd love to hear someone with really good experience :p

Yeah, I am in the same boat. Hoping someone can shine some more light on this. I got my necro to 90 & want to start a second char now, so I'm patiently waiting to see which I go with. Although Marauder > Templar character models. For whatever reason, so much MTX looks like ass on Templars.
When using Doryanis, can you make use of the elemental proliferation? I was thinking of having a setup in the sceptre with orb of storms + increased crit. + blind/culling/unbound ailments. Does this make sense? Hard to find information about those interactions on the wiki.
"
strudelmaier wrote:
When using Doryanis, can you make use of the elemental proliferation? I was thinking of having a setup in the sceptre with orb of storms + increased crit. + blind/culling/unbound ailments. Does this make sense? Hard to find information about those interactions on the wiki.

Yes elemental prolif works for socketed gems
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
Darkkaos wrote:

Yeah, I am in the same boat. Hoping someone can shine some more light on this. I got my necro to 90 & want to start a second char now, so I'm patiently waiting to see which I go with. Although Marauder > Templar character models. For whatever reason, so much MTX looks like ass on Templars.

I've been playing LL RF for long time now and was kinda surpriced by Ziz's video saying life gets better regen. So I've done some tweaking to my own build in std to make it fit league values and here's what I got:

- 11k ES with Rise of the Phoenix. This seems like a reasonable ES value to reach with enough lvls and investment in gear. Got lower ES values? Just multiply the regen below by your ES value divided by 11k to get your estimated regen. So in example of 10k ES you get (10/11) x 3.4k netto regen = 3.1k netto regen.
- 3.7k ES regen
- 3.2k Netto ES regen. This with all flasks up and 2% regen on hit from boot enchant. Because this is PoB value, this does not include the 2% regen from pantheon when standing still and the 5% reduced DoT from pantheon. So in reality when casting SR on bosses your netto regen will be a bit higher at 3.4-3.5k / sec.

Key to acieving this regen is getting the 20% increased ES recovery rate on your belt (Shaped Base ilvl 75+), which can easily be crafted yourself. And the 30% ES recovery rate on Watcher's Eye which currently goes for like 2ex in Beastiary. These 2 items together multiply your total regen by 1.5 and are extremely strong. Keep in mind this extra regen doesn not show in stat screen in game, only in PoB.

As you can see 3k+ netto regen values are also possible for LL RF, you just have to make sure you got the right pieces of gear to boost your regen. Also don't forget LL RF get's more dmg, and can use extra aura's for easier resist management or extra curses.

Hope this answers your question. Cheers
Last edited by Fritso on Mar 21, 2018, 8:35:52 AM
"
Darkkaos wrote:
"
Tanaomit wrote:
"
Darkkaos wrote:

Jugg RF is still pretty new in the grand scheme of things. It's very impressive indeed, but didn't really exist until this league. LLRF has been around for ages and has always been something that can do all content if you are willing to gear up properly. As far as es regen goes, this build has the potential to go above and beyond while still doing awesome damage. I have chosen to focus on damage while still being tanky. Others have chosen to be tanky firstt over doing good damage.

Is my current stats without time of need. It could go much higher too, as I have my offensive sceptre in instead of Ephemeral Edge. I also have pretty much all my jewels on tree offensive jewels. I could reach over 17k ES with this build just by swapping to ephemeral edge and energy within jewels, which would in turn give us stats such as:

TLDR: I'm at 4.7k ES Regen p/s right now with my offensive setup NOT counting time of need, and I can get almost 5.8k ES Regen p/s just by swapping jewels/sceptre.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 21, 2018, 8:48:11 AM
I'm one of those guys that went tankyness first, dmg later in standard and I can confirm this build goes well beyond what life based RF is capable of. Here's my stats:

19.3k ES
4.8k regen (2.8k netto) in hideout without anything active.
6.7k regen (4.7k netto) with glove and boot enchant active.
6.7k regen (5.4k netto) with enchants and flasks active.

These values do not include pantheon 2% regen and 5% reduced DoT. So when killing bosses the regen is actually 400-500 es/sec higher.

And my buid still has room for improvement. Not yet using a 30% increased ES recovery Watcher's eye, but using the less optimal (yet still pretty good):
"
Ahfack wrote:
TLDR: I'm at 4.7k ES Regen p/s right now with my offensive setup NOT counting time of need, and I can get almost 5.8k ES Regen p/s just by swapping jewels/sceptre.

I agree that the dmg of this build here go beyond jugg RF. Jesus, we've almost double their dmg, even if they try to focus on damage they will have 2/3 our dmg.

But those stats are STD legacy stats, right? Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the build and looking to 6-link shav, but would be nice to have a league max stats since almost everyone will come here to see that. If you don't mind to enlighten us, ofc. Jugg has those 3k net regen only by activating end. charges, not counting pots or anything else.

Ty for answering those doubts.

Last edited by Darkkaos on Mar 21, 2018, 9:55:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info