[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

from what Op posted, best bet is an elder shield with 2% max fire res and the (heavily nerfed) 5% reduced DoT Leo mod. Like this:

"
Psyonix wrote:
from what Op posted, best bet is an elder shield with 2% max fire res and the (heavily nerfed) 5% reduced DoT Leo mod. Like this:

Thanks for your quick answer. Fk nice shield.. I want it LOL
"
qdlll wrote:
"
Psyonix wrote:

Thanks for your quick answer. Fk nice shield.. I want it LOL

Super easy to make, costs about 6-8 ex depending on how lucky you are with alts/regals.
To elaborate, best case scenario is to roll +2 fire res by itself, and regal into a random suffix. Then add the Elreon and Haku mod, and mana or some other prefix, scour suffixes and remove master prefix. Then you have a +2 fire resistance shield you can multimod with whatever you need, which will likely be flat ES, increased ES %, Leo's DoT reduction (mandatory) and something useful like fire res or a stat you need. On the other hand, you may get lucky on your alt/regal and hit T1/T2 res or maybe roll the suffix while alting and hit hit a T1/T2 suffix/prefix when you regal from there, and all you'll need to do it multimod the stuff you need (prioritizing Leo's 5% reduced DoT mod).
Last edited by wrathchild619 on Jan 23, 2018, 2:33:20 AM
"
Psyonix wrote:
To elaborate, best case scenario is to roll +2 fire res by itself, and regal into a random suffix. Then add the Elreon and Haku mod, and mana or some other prefix, scour suffixes and remove master prefix. Then you have a +2 fire resistance shield you can multimod with whatever you need, which will likely be flat ES, increased ES %, Leo's DoT reduction (mandatory) and something useful like fire res or a stat you need. On the other hand, you may get lucky on your alt/regal and hit T1/T2 res or maybe roll the suffix while alting and hit hit a T1/T2 suffix/prefix when you regal from there, and all you'll need to do it multimod the stuff you need (prioritizing Leo's 5% reduced DoT mod).

Thanks so so so much for the details.

Another stupid question... why do we need mana regen ? I see all of you run Clarity for extra mana regen...

We donot go MOM anyways....
"
qdlll wrote:
Another stupid question... why do we need mana regen ? I see all of you run Clarity for extra mana regen...
Clarity is great for the boost we get for running a 6th aura. It takes a (relatively small) flat cost from either life or mana we can adjust, rather than a set % one. It also helps us sustain our Scorching Ray without having to give up slots for mana on gear.
"
srttom wrote:
"
Berkleys wrote:
So.. I'm still having problems killing the bosses and surviving the t14+ fights..
Any Ideas where my gear/tree sucks? or is it just me?

You should do some swaps in your aura setup. It is explained a few pages back. In short i think you swap blood magic (lvl 20) with vitality, take out the empower and replace it with enduring cry. You have to get a level 1 Clarity too. Right now your empower is lvl 1 and does nothing except increasing the reservation cost. (Please read the longer post a couple pages back.)
With this setup you should be able to take out Conqueror's Efficiency and replace it with an ES- and Damagejewel or even another Energy From Within.

You need Quality and Level on many Jewels.

Your ES is really low. According to my PoB you goit under 7k. Without any unreasonable investment i have 10k at around the same level.

Get an Lvl 20 Discipline. Your Rings and Belt have very little ES.

Personally i would rather go with well rolled Sin-Treks instead of Death's Doors. They have much more ES and a little Dex. Sure you loose some Qol with Death#s Doors but you need more ES. Get the Enchant on them aswell.

Purity of Flesh is just nice to have. Get the Jewel near Scion instead. Get the 1 Point Jewel above EE.

With these changes you should get a lot more ES and thus Damage and Survivability.

Edit: Your Doryani's has a really low Elementaldamageroll maybe you can look into that.

Thank you for the answer and the tips!

Will loonk into that right now, and see if it gets any better.

Thanx!
I think I messed up, Abyss HC

My character name is: Freudiger_Schmollmops and I am currently level 68. I've been leveling with firestorm and now respecced to the ES tree, without even doing normal lab.

Now I can sustain RF, but my resistances are not even capped. I am too scared to leave my hideout and I hope for some tips from you guys!

Spoiler

I still have like 16 exalted orbs left, but I really don't know what to do with them. Chayula's presence? Doubt this would help me. I feel stuck. 1,4k life, 3k ES and I don't think I can get levels to get more skillpoints! Help me! :D
"
Berndiges wrote:
I think I messed up, Abyss HC

My character name is: Freudiger_Schmollmops and I am currently level 68. I've been leveling with firestorm and now respecced to the ES tree, without even doing normal lab.

Now I can sustain RF, but my resistances are not even capped. I am too scared to leave my hideout and I hope for some tips from you guys!

Spoiler

I still have like 16 exalted orbs left, but I really don't know what to do with them. Chayula's presence? Doubt this would help me. I feel stuck. 1,4k life, 3k ES and I don't think I can get levels to get more skillpoints! Help me! :D

Pretty new to the build but, you gotta ditch those rings and that belt. Also that ammy isn't doing you any favors as lowlife build.
"
Berndiges wrote:
I feel stuck. 1,4k life, 3k ES and I don't think I can get levels to get more skillpoints! Help me! :D
You're really going to struggle until you hit level 70 and can use a L20 Blood Magic to set up your auras.

The gear in the guide is based around having specific nodes (and gems) to make them work. Taking a rough hybrid of the low level version and this version and throwing them together without figuring out how to fix things like resistances doesn't work well. You'd have been better just focusing on the low level version for now. I'd suggest picking up Path of Building and plan out things before trying to adjust the (or any other) character.

What level Enlighten do you have?
What level Blood Magic do you have?

Without the ascendency boost you're not gaining a whole lot from auras, relative to what you will later, so that's an issue. You're going to be limited on what you can support too until you get access to level 20 gems at 70. Cold res is your biggest issue, so along with your Vitality and Discipline (they need to be higher level, fast) you should add Purity of Ice and Clarity on Blood Magic.

Level 20 and level 23 are real important for your Purity of Fire. You're stuck using a max 19 for now, which could be a struggle to even purchase, but if you could get that to 20 with a +2 fire gems sceptre that'd help bump your regen by lowering the degen. If possible, get a 19 PoF and a +2 sceptre to socket it in. If not, get your current one leveled asap (worth paying to leech on a few maps and full clear aura bot 'please help keep me alive' lab carries).

From there...
- Drop the Death's Door and grab a pair of ES boots with res (you probably want Cold + all res).
(- If needed drop the Bated Breath too and see if with both of those spots you can get close to maxing out your res.
- If not, drop one of the rings and ensure the res is maxed out.)
- Drop the +10 Strength under Templar, Expertise and Harrier... none of those will help keep you alive for now.
- Grab the two one point jewel sockets and the aura effect node near Sov.
- Grab an Energy From Wihin to put in at Melding (lowers your degen to improve your regen and bump your ES pool)
- Pick up some jewels with +45 flat ES and whatever regen you can manage. If it has damage too even better, but focus on the not dying first. Hard to deeps if you're dead (the existing jewel is fairly horrible, get rid of that).
- If you can get a Watcher's Eye with flat regen with Vitality (short term) or % ES regen with Discipline (longer term) that'd help a lot.
- Drop the Doon. We don't stack strength so poor benefits for us. Grab a Dory instead - Though this is really low on the priority list, it won't keep you alive, just wanted to mention it.

At that point you should be coming close being able to walk around without a breeze knocking you over. Post in here again for some updated feedback once you get that far if you're still not confident in it. It'll be a bit sketchy, you won't have enough regen to feel tanky, but it should be managable.

Well worth considering paying for the lab carry and maybe leeching some exp to get your gems up and to ping 70. Once you hit 70 all sorts of doors open and it'll be much easier to tweak things.

Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Jan 24, 2018, 4:39:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info