[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
chinhodado wrote:
Why is it recommended to have 30% more DOT in the glove and not 30% more Elemental damage in the helm?

Helmet costs more to make (the essence is a lot more expensive) and is harder to get a good ES roll on so will usually take more essences. There's a cheap helmet option if you're in the league (Vertex) that can have 300 ES and gives +1 to gems. It might also suit your circumstances to buy a lab enchant rather than farm it.

Having said that: With the new bases it's possible to make a 7L RF helmet (Conc effect+Burning damage+30% damage all crafted and then gems for RF+ele focus+inc aoe+efficacy) - but with conc being a prefix and burning being a suffix it's not going to be easy. The base will probably cost a few ex, but getting a good craft will be significantly more expensive - I wouldn't think of trying without having hundreds of ex in the bank (at under 3 essences per ex).
Last edited by EsperP on Dec 29, 2017, 5:35:17 PM
"
EsperP wrote:

Helmet costs more to make (the essence is a lot more expensive) and is harder to get a good ES roll on so will usually take more essences. There's a cheap helmet option if you're in the league (Vertex) that can have 300 ES and gives +1 to gems. It might also suit your circumstances to buy a lab enchant rather than farm it.

Having said that: With the new bases it's possible to make a 7L RF helmet (Conc effect+Burning damage+30% damage all crafted and then gems for RF+ele focus+inc aoe+efficacy) - but with conc being a prefix and burning being a suffix it's not going to be easy. The base will probably cost a few ex, but getting a good craft will be significantly more expensive - I wouldn't think of trying without having hundreds of ex in the bank (at under 3 essences per ex).

I decided to yolo and bought 10 Essence of Horror for ~400c and in the end I only had a shitty 200ES helm, the rest were garbage. Lesson learned for me.

The chance of getting a Conc effect + Burning damage + 30% ele damage with decent ES (%ES and flat ES) (so you need 5/6 correct mods there, 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes) is so astronomically low that it's not even worth considering, unless you're Ahfack I guess.
"
chinhodado wrote:
"
EsperP wrote:

I decided to yolo and bought 10 Essence of Horror for ~400c and in the end I only had a shitty 200ES helm, the rest were garbage. Lesson learned for me.

The chance of getting a Conc effect + Burning damage + 30% ele damage with decent ES (%ES and flat ES) (so you need 5/6 correct mods there, 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes) is so astronomically low that it's not even worth considering, unless you're Ahfack I guess.

Yeah, even with annuls to maybe save a helmet for multimodding you'd have to get astoundingly lucky to keep all the affixes you wanted. I guess if you got all the prefixes you could do the slam/scour suffixes thing. Though a 6L helmet would be cool for bossing.
Hey,

I wanted to say thank you for the build. I managed to kill all guardians, red elder and the shaper with this build.

I modified everything a little bit and here is my current setup: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Izn0/characters

I did die to Phoenix and Minotour even though I have 10k ES. Is there any tips on what to improve next because I feel like everything from here on is so expensive and just a minor upgrade?

Especially doryanis with 130 elemental damage seems to be the best weapon, I can't find anything with much higher total damage?

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by Izn0 on Dec 30, 2017, 12:50:16 AM
"
promind wrote:
Spoiler
"
Haasts wrote:
Season's greetings, all - going through PoE withdrawals while holidaying in small-town NZ so thought I'd pick people's brains :)

I've been enjoying this build in ASC (Shinrha's LL RF leveling video kept things interesting pre-maps - swapped from SRS after normal lab - and I probably used my Solaris Lorica too long), though I'm much slower at generating currency than most (took me a week or so to save up for my Presence after the initial outlay into a 5L Shavs, Catalyst etc).

L91 gear:
Spoiler

I've been running Uber lab but haven't managed to get the right boot enchant in my first dozen or so uses of the enchantment font, and my poe.trade saved search hasn't seen any Vertexes pop up with reduced mana reservation enchants in the past two weeks ... going to be quite a grind but guess I'll finally try and get the "complete endgame grinds" league challenge done.

Anyone care to rank what they think my gearing priorities should be?

* 6L my Shavs (I have ~6ex in Ex/Chaos and 600ish fusings)
* Craft less half-arsed Essence of Delerium Sorc gloves
* Tidy up my jewels (I'm 4 Strength short of re-equipping my L20 Vitality, but I'm still waiting on the helm enchant + levelling up two Enlightens in my Haku offhand; I've ended up with an excess of Dexterity due to abruptly picking up a lot on my rings). Saved search for the Clarity mana/ES% Watcher's Eyes haven't had anything under 10ex :/
* Craft a +1 max res ES shield - the only iL85+ Shaped Titanium Spirit Shield up is the mirror-esque Hate Charm, rather than a base I can chaos spam, sadly: http://poe.trade/search/ukimobosikisai ... worth holding out for one to pop up, or would the ES loss in crafting a more available/affordable Harmonic/Vaal Spirit Shield base be an acceptable trade-off?
* Get more ES on my rings/belt.
* Vaal my gems once they reach 20/20 (currently most are halfway through 19/20; have three Scorching Rays in one of my offhands).

What do you find lacking? Clear speed? Single target? Survivability? 6L shavs was my last upgrade. I focused on scaling my ES first since I rarely use SR. RF melts regular packs and RF+Conc Effect melts bosses up to t15.

You can run 6th aura with blood magic 21 and enlighten 3 (bm 20 and enl 2 with your current helm). Any particular reason you want to get reduced reservation helm enchant? You plan to use empower to get triple lvl 23 purities?

Thanks for that - I hadn't actually realised I could run the 6th aura with BM 20 & Enl 2 in my helm; still getting used to the aura reservation calculator + PoB. I'd assumed the reduced reservation enchant was needed, but looking closer it might only be needed if you're Empower-ing Discipline w/BM?

Have my Shavs 6-linked now and nearly all my gems 20/20. Managed to get a 21/20 SR on my first Vaal - what would people recommend as the highest priority 21/20 gems (or equivalent) after this - any of the RF or SR supports, Discipline, Purity of Fire (I'm running a L20 in a +3 gems ring), or others?

Sloooowly farming/herding red Elder for a "Gain % of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity" Watcher's Eye, but no luck with that mod or anything equivalently valuable yet, and the price on that mod's been steadily climbing ... 17Ex min last I checked :/
"
Haasts wrote:
"
promind wrote:
Spoiler
"
Haasts wrote:
Season's greetings, all - going through PoE withdrawals while holidaying in small-town NZ so thought I'd pick people's brains :)

I've been enjoying this build in ASC (Shinrha's LL RF leveling video kept things interesting pre-maps - swapped from SRS after normal lab - and I probably used my Solaris Lorica too long), though I'm much slower at generating currency than most (took me a week or so to save up for my Presence after the initial outlay into a 5L Shavs, Catalyst etc).

L91 gear:
Spoiler

I've been running Uber lab but haven't managed to get the right boot enchant in my first dozen or so uses of the enchantment font, and my poe.trade saved search hasn't seen any Vertexes pop up with reduced mana reservation enchants in the past two weeks ... going to be quite a grind but guess I'll finally try and get the "complete endgame grinds" league challenge done.

Anyone care to rank what they think my gearing priorities should be?

* 6L my Shavs (I have ~6ex in Ex/Chaos and 600ish fusings)
* Craft less half-arsed Essence of Delerium Sorc gloves
* Tidy up my jewels (I'm 4 Strength short of re-equipping my L20 Vitality, but I'm still waiting on the helm enchant + levelling up two Enlightens in my Haku offhand; I've ended up with an excess of Dexterity due to abruptly picking up a lot on my rings). Saved search for the Clarity mana/ES% Watcher's Eyes haven't had anything under 10ex :/
* Craft a +1 max res ES shield - the only iL85+ Shaped Titanium Spirit Shield up is the mirror-esque Hate Charm, rather than a base I can chaos spam, sadly: http://poe.trade/search/ukimobosikisai ... worth holding out for one to pop up, or would the ES loss in crafting a more available/affordable Harmonic/Vaal Spirit Shield base be an acceptable trade-off?
* Get more ES on my rings/belt.
* Vaal my gems once they reach 20/20 (currently most are halfway through 19/20; have three Scorching Rays in one of my offhands).

What do you find lacking? Clear speed? Single target? Survivability? 6L shavs was my last upgrade. I focused on scaling my ES first since I rarely use SR. RF melts regular packs and RF+Conc Effect melts bosses up to t15.

You can run 6th aura with blood magic 21 and enlighten 3 (bm 20 and enl 2 with your current helm). Any particular reason you want to get reduced reservation helm enchant? You plan to use empower to get triple lvl 23 purities?

Thanks for that - I hadn't actually realised I could run the 6th aura with BM 20 & Enl 2 in my helm; still getting used to the aura reservation calculator + PoB. I'd assumed the reduced reservation enchant was needed, but looking closer it might only be needed if you're Empower-ing Discipline w/BM?

Have my Shavs 6-linked now and nearly all my gems 20/20. Managed to get a 21/20 SR on my first Vaal - what would people recommend as the highest priority 21/20 gems (or equivalent) after this - any of the RF or SR supports, Discipline, Purity of Fire (I'm running a L20 in a +3 gems ring), or others?

Sloooowly farming/herding red Elder for a "Gain % of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity" Watcher's Eye, but no luck with that mod or anything equivalently valuable yet, and the price on that mod's been steadily climbing ... 17Ex min last I checked :/

Imo, SR is the only important lvl 21 gem. The others are nice to have. Lvl 21 discipline is a small ES boost. Lvl 23 PoF is all you need to get the extra max fire res, so lvl 20 in +3 unset is good enough. If you get lvl 21 PoF, it may be easier to upgrade ring since +2 unset rings with good stats are a lot cheaper than +3.

VS

Who win?
--------------------
And The Red Nightmare jewel good idea?
Last edited by TheGrammaton on Dec 29, 2017, 8:09:34 PM
"
TheGrammaton wrote:

VS

Who win?
--------------------
And The Red Nightmare jewel good idea?

The shield is only 264 ES, you're probably better off with RotF for more regen. Only consider using a rare shield if it's really good (320+ ES in temp league, and/or with +max res shaped/elder mods)

Red Nightmare is not for this build, as we're not block-focused. If you want block you also need spell block, probably with 5x Reckless Defense, at which point it's a completely different build.
Spoiler

what am I missing here

I don't feel tanky at all, I try high tier maps and get overwhelmed by enemies and cant regen fast enough

what I can think if is boot enchant, 23 POF, and 20+ vitality.. but I plug this into POB and my net regen is not THAT much better, and not close to characters I've seen posted here
PoF gem lvl really matter. With lvl 23 PoF, you should have 88% fire resist. You need to use conquerer's potency jewel along with all the aura effectiveness nodes to get extra max fire res.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info