[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
tomay wrote:
"
GraDasE wrote:
more defensive cuz you have that range spell.

Defensive??? This build depends on getting hit... the more, the harder, the merrier. We need them "Savage Hits" to get a massive damage boost since have have so few % increased damage from the tree.

When I'm using Spark, I "park" myself smack in the middle of a pack and cast... to be sure to be sure every mob in sight (and beyond) gets hit/lit up, the rest is more or less about incoming damage and the subsequent mayhem unleashed by our CWDT combos. We do not kill with our chest setup!!! (at least not in high-tier maps)

Sure, I could play "pussy-style" and blast away with Spark from a distance and with luck I may even kill them before they're getting close but it would take me ages to clear maps this way. I'd be a lot faster with Kaom's Heart. ;)

what are your links when using spark? Seems like an interesting choice. Might try it out.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:
Hello I am currently at level 82 and need a little guidance on what I should upgrade next and where I should be heading on the skill tree.

I am sort of wondering if I should spec out of 'Exceptional Durration' and put those points into some more life. My life is currently at 6371.

Here is a link to my current skill tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzDc0UIBbpGjgczhzcHxgi4iQ3Jy8qOCpNK1Ay0TWSOlg64TwFPC09_D8nRUdFnUfiSshLV03jUEdRTFH7U1JVxlZIWGNZbVnzXz9fmF-wZlRnm26qb55xhXIPcql2rH1bgpuDX4PMg9uExYV7jM-PGo9GkFWUb5hXmjua4Juhm7Wf36IApDmmV6cIrEesmKyqrj6vp7FCtfK3Pr8IwGbA48M6xPbGrsbYykrNFs8yz37YJNi95FHqGOvu7DjvDu988B_xs_JF8xH2SPcy99f46_4K_lT-jw==?accountName=Skua99&characterName=SkuaIsLazy

The master craft on the sceptre isn't very useful. It only applies to attacks made with the sceptre. Which by default we never make (whirling blades only uses razor, as it doesn't work with sceptres). What you probably wanted was to craft added fire damage *to spells*, which comes from Catarina.

Thanks for the catch on the scepter, good news is that I still have my old one, but bad news is that it does not have any 'spell damage'

In other news: Vengeance+Fortify doesn't work. Evidently Fortify doesn't work with trigger gems. Which is on the wiki, but I swear I didn't see it when I first looked into the idea. Maybe I just suck at using the wiki lately. >_>

Still, it's kind of a nice skill to have to generate extra hits and ignites, so I might keep it. I recolored my razor to house by AA and Flammability Aura, and stuck my movement skill+fortify stuff into my gloves. Not a lot of benefit to doing that right now since none of the movement skill supports help the Vengeance, though. But maybe I recolor the gloves a bit yet again to get a blue socket, so I can slot something that will help the Decree of Flames enchant I got from the divine font. Which, actually, also doesn't seem to work (why you work with Fire Burst but not decrees? Unfair!) Or just suck it up and accept that the vengeance is a few extra hits now and again but nothing more.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jan 8, 2017, 12:55:35 AM
If using 2 x Mokou's Embrace instead of taming and emberwake dont i do less damage vs bosses ?

my ing is killwitches
"
what are your links when using spark? Seems like an interesting choice. Might try it out.

BBBBGG

Spark + Spell Echo + Pierce + GMP + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation

(for bosses swap the last three gems for Slower Projectiles, Faster Casting and Controlled Destruction)

I'm using the same colours for BV, so it's easy to change around.

BV + SE + Culling Strike + Controlled Destruction + AoE + CtI (IIR for better boss loot)
"
Killhard wrote:
If using 2 x Mokou's Embrace instead of taming and emberwake dont i do less damage vs bosses ?

Yes but the clear speed is higher with 2 x Mokou's Embrace so in the end it doesn't really matter all that much.
"
tomay wrote:
"

BBBBGG

Spark + Spell Echo + Pierce + GMP + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation

(for bosses swap the last three gems for Slower Projectiles, Faster Casting and Controlled Destruction)

I'm using the same colours for BV, so it's easy to change around.

BV + SE + Culling Strike + Controlled Destruction + AoE + CtI (IIR for better boss loot)

Would added Life leech increase tanking capabilities? Or is the damage not significant enough to make a difference? I'm trying to make this build as tanky as possible
We don't need additional life leech.

When someone wants to start this build as early as possible I recommend a life leech gem until they can use Eye + Razor (68), after that the leech gem is obsolete. Lesser hits heal perfectly fine with Razor (instant 1% max life recovery per ignite) and for the big hits we have CiS.

And with Spark we get a lot more ignites than with BV...
Last edited by tomay on Jan 8, 2017, 7:25:08 AM
I really like this build damn, so fun :)

One thing that bothers me is the lag with the setup the OP uses (bladfall setup in tabula rasa and all the support setups with cwdt gem) ... when i open a breach after half a minute there is so much action that it lags and suddenly when the game resumes i am dead, loosing my exp :(

I already lowered graphics options to 1024 x 768 and every setting low (no AA, no Postprocessing etc). But still the same.

Maybe i need to upgrade my PC ? Intel i 5 750 with 4x2.67 Ghz, 8GB Ram and a AMD 6950 with 2GB VRam. No enough?

I really would like to continue this build.

Thanks for Tipps :)

PS:

This is my curremt equipment :

Last edited by bex_HB on Jan 8, 2017, 9:29:13 AM
Hello!

I made this build in breach. Currently lvl 82 and doing well. I would like to know if spark in chest is better then BV.

I saw a lot of posts, but any of them told which one is actually better.

Thanks =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info