[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

I see, thanks!

I will probably use the determination aura then. You also mentioned that it mightve been Anger, does that help more damage-wise? I feel that the Golem tend to die really fast.

I will try going for Barbarism first then, since its closest :).
Bloodless would be best, but that is so many points away

After changing belt and adding the anatomical im almost at 7.1k hp which helps alot!
Id love a gear check. Dont have an idea of how to link gear though. If anyone wanna check it out, my profile is;

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/thegreekgod/characters

And the character is "Vinballen".

Ill probably to the same changes as a previous poster to increase my HP a bit (going for barbarism). Still a bit unsure of what to upgrade gear wise, but im thinking of helmet. Also working on getting a 6L BotB, but a bit poor to just buy one currently.
"
Mayonnaisu wrote:
I will probably use the determination aura then. You also mentioned that it mightve been Anger, does that help more damage-wise? I feel that the Golem tend to die really fast.

Determination and Anger both reserve 50% of your Mana. Determination only helps vs physical damage, Anger adds 69 to 110 flat fire damage to your spells which is probably more than the 20% increased damage from the Fire Golem... which doesn't reserve any mana. If he dies, well, cast a new one. We have nothing better to do anyway. Up to you. ;)

"
Mayonnaisu wrote:
After changing belt and adding the anatomical im almost at 7.1k hp which helps alot!

It does, doesn't it? ;)
Last edited by tomay on Jan 6, 2017, 5:51:12 PM
"
thegreekgod wrote:
Id love a gear check. Dont have an idea of how to link gear though. If anyone wanna check it out

Adds Fire Damage to Spells on your sceptre = 1 passive saved, Avatar of Fire is not required.

Replace Fire Pen in your Belly with Iron Will.

Look for Gloves with more life... and that "3 Life" on your helmet, well, that's just bad luck. ;)

But all is not lost, since your spare socket in the Belly is blue, you might as well cast high level Flammability manually (= moar Burst damage) or Enfeeble against hard-hitting bosses. Use Chance to Ignite gems in your boots and in a "big HP" helmet.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 6, 2017, 5:43:38 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
lapilesos wrote:
People with emberwake could cull everything with IIR.

How so? With BV + CS I use IIR instead of CtI to maximise the boss loot. But Culling Strike does not work with Damage over Time (DoT) such as Burning Damage.

"
Degeneration and damage per second effects do not hit the enemy. Culling Strike will not cause enemies who drop below 10% life as a result of degeneration to be killed instantly. The enemy must be hit to cause the effect.

IIR is not an option with the global Culling Strike implicit since you have no way of controlling the source of the final hit.

With the vengeance idea you'd be hitting with Culling Strike almost all of the time against anything with a decent HP pool, since the Eye damage counts as a hit against you, at least as long as the map doesn't have the 90% chance to avoid effects mod on it and the target isn't ignite immune (stupid Atziri...). If that green socket of his was blue he could easily throw in an IIR gem, as well, but it's not; green socket still seems pretty useful.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jan 6, 2017, 6:02:35 PM
"
TimeDilation wrote:
With the vengeance idea you'd be hitting with Culling Strike almost all of the time against anything with a decent HP pool

Vengeance is a melee attack skill and thus the chance to hit is calculated by our Accuracy (which is rather low) versus the target's Evasion rating (not its health pool) while spells have an inherent 100% chance to hit. This is not to say that we can't cull with Vengeance (or Whirling Blades), just not as reliably as with spells.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 6, 2017, 6:07:40 PM
I am very new at this game and this is my second character. It feels like I've got all that is needed with decent mods. However it still feels like I'm dying all the time. Especially from bosses like Shavronne of Umbra, both in maps or outside on merciless. Please help me with what I should change or do better.
The belly is mainly used for tough bosses. The tabula is what I usually wear.
Thanks!

Spoiler

"
K3YB wrote:
I am very new at this game and this is my second character. It feels like I've got all that is needed with decent mods. However it still feels like I'm dying all the time. Especially from bosses like Shavronne of Umbra, both in maps or outside on merciless. Please help me with what I should change or do better.
Thanks!

Spoiler

Shavronne is a toughie and requires you pay attention and know how the boss works. It turns out (thanks for pointing this out earlier, Chris) she has a short duration (~3.5 seconds) aura that reflects 100% of all (non-chaos) damage you do to her as lightning damage back to you. This doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere at all in the game; just another one of those things where the game flips you the bird if you haven't memorized the wiki or painstakingly worked out all of the hidden shit for yourself. I mean, how often do you really look at an aesthete's feet? You're probably dying to this reflect BS of hers. Pay attention to her and get the hell out of dodge once that goes up. Maybe even keep a bit of distance until you see it go up the first time, and then pounce in once it goes down. The killer here is that she reflects the damage without *taking* the damage, so you can't simply rely on Cloaked in Savagery to flip her reflect the bird (like you can with Atziri's mirror clone).

In general, any boss you're having trouble with or you've never faced before is something you should research before fighting. Many of them, including most end-game bosses, have attacks and features that you'll never realize how to handle, and will die to repeatedly, without being told about them ahead of time. Even then you may need a few tries to get the hang of things.

Otherwise, just try to pay attention to what was going on when you died, and try to recognize that situation and use your flasks, Fortify, and movement skill to keep you alive. Generic (white) giant skeletons can pretty easily do 8k+ damage with a basic attack, for example, so if you don't have your mitigation buffs up you can expect yourself to get one-shot when one of those survives long enough to smack you. There are a lot of ways this game can kill you in the blink of an eye, and it takes a bit of time to figure out the warning signs. The overflowing chalice is a pretty important aspect of the build's gear because it allows you to quickly refill your flasks, which are a major source of our, and most other builds', defenses (anti-bleed, basalt mitigation, anti-shock, possibly granite's armor boost, etc.). You want to try to have those defensive flasks running whenever you are engaged in combat.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jan 6, 2017, 6:52:44 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
thegreekgod wrote:
Id love a gear check. Dont have an idea of how to link gear though. If anyone wanna check it out

Adds Fire Damage to Spells on your sceptre = 1 passive saved, Avatar of Fire is not required.

Replace Fire Pen in your Belly with Iron Will.

Look for Gloves with more life... and that "3 Life" on your helmet, well, that's just bad luck. ;)

But all is not lost, since your spare socket in the Belly is blue, you might as well cast high level Flammability manually (= moar Burst damage) or Enfeeble against hard-hitting bosses. Use Chance to Ignite gems in your boots and in a "big HP" helmet.

Thanks a lot for the response! Yeah 3 life is such a poverty roll haha. I will start working on it tomorrow. Mooaaar powah!
"
K3YB wrote:
Especially from bosses like Shavronne of Umbra, both in maps or outside on merciless. Please help me with what I should change or do better.

Vaal Molten Shell does not really work with Belly, for this we'll need The Rat Cage (which converts fire damage which we self-inflict with Eye of Innocence into physical damage). Do yourself a favour and 4-ink your Belly with BBBG and use it permanently with BV + SE + AoE + CtI (replace the last two gems with CD and CE at bosses). Things only get worse with Tabula.

For Shavronne of Umbra I replace Glacial Cascade with Purity of Lightning, makes life a lot easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info