[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Allrighty guys, I want to again thank everyone keeping the discussion alive, and especially those helping new players out, big thanks!

I am currently trying out a new build, so I have stopped my own testing for a while.

What I have noticed that is very reacurring is people asking for what chest upgrades to chose, even some raging about why I don't chose brass dome. Maybe I should write some about it in the written guide.

What I have also noticed is that many ask about the active setups, so I might write some about that as well.

Thirdly, many ask about the skill tree and what to get first. As an answer to this I have put up and example of a level 68 tree at 90 points. If you have any constructive ideas of how to make it better, please share. Also I put up tomeys tree w/o avatar of fire.

Now many have asked about Abberath's Hooves, which I just assumed were most for fun factor. The latest clips I've watched however have changed my mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfl0gSYvWfY

This guy used added cold+added lightning+contr. dest.+inc. aoe. Maybe to maximise fire and thus ignite damage,

I would use maybe, inc aoe+contr. dest.+fire pen.+empower or something.
Maybe added cold+added lightning+contr. dest.+inc. aoe
Maybe added cold+cold to fire+inc aoe+ contr dest if AoF.

With this alternative, whirling blades can be removed and the gems you had in your boots can be moved to the sword. If anyone has the boots, test it ;)

On top of that, vaal righteous fire for instant boss kill is also an alternative. Just activate elemental overload, put some ignites on target, vaal lightning trap (or vinktar) and pop a 6l vaal RF or something. With tomey's amount of life we are talking about 11k base damage+all support gems and ignite and inc. modyfiers from tree, gear and taming.

Elemental overload, conc. effect, aspect of carnage, elemental damage, fire damage, aoe dmg, shock and flammability doubledips. Taming does not double dip. Might be enough to one shot all guardians except phoenix.

Phoenix I have tried with bv setup and killed him, however it was very scetchy.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
ashy20011 wrote:
What golem did you go with?

Golem's not a default part of the setup, but the variant I'm using currently has a Fire Golem. The basic choices are between either that or chaos golem, with some edge benefits from ice golem (more crit chance = easier to get overload up and keep it up, and more accuracy = easier to keep Fortify up). Depends on whether you'd like more mitigation or more damage. Chaos golem is probably the better choice, as the damage boost from fire isn't that amazing and what we really want is every possible insurance policy we can take out against one-shots (and physical hits tend to be the #1 offender there).

But honestly I'm not sure any of them matter that much for us. Without any passives or support gems for the golem, even with a 20/20 gem they're pretty squishy. It's very easy for him to die and for me to not notice it for who knows how long, and it's usually not long into a boss fight before it goes down, and I either have zero problems with the fight regardless or I have to pay just enough attention that the time spent resummoning him seems counterproductive or risky. I think the Chaos golem is a bit sturdier than the fire golem, but I'm still not sure how much more uptime you can expect between summons.

One good part about a golem is that if you're using Mantra of Flames then the golem buff counts for the damage (and Mantra is a pretty hefty chunk of extra damage if there's an aurabot around, incidentally). But I'm not sure that's much of a big deal.
"
ashy20011 wrote:
What golem did you go with?

Golems need not apply here. :D

Not enough sockets, simple as that.
Hey can you give me some tips i just died from boss maze of minotour evru single time i try 6 times from big hit maybe some tips please i link my tree + gear !

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzDc0UIBZvFukaOBzOHNwdFB8YIbAi4iQ3JKonLyo4Kk0rUC6UNPc1kjbpOlg64TwFPC09_D8nRZ1H4krIS1dN41BHUUxR-1NSVcZWSFhjWW1Z818_X5hfsF_QZlRmnmebbqpvnnGFcg9yqX1bffWCm4Nfg8yD24TFhXuMz48aj0aQVZRvl4WYV5o7muCboZu1n9-iAKQ5plenCKxHrJisqq4-r42vp7FCtfK3Pr8IwGbA48M6xPbGrsbYykrNFs8y2CTYvdrd42rkUevu7DjvDu988B_xbPGz8kXzEfZI99f4X_rS_gr-VP6P?accountName=Killhard&characterName=killsoftly

my ing is killwitches
"
Killhard wrote:
Hey can you give me some tips i just died from boss maze of minotour evru single time i try 6 times from big hit maybe some tips please i link my tree + gear !

Your setup seems perfect. I killed him with tabula. My recommendation is to whirl through the minotaur every 4 seconds to get fortify and change spot.

Also use concentrated effect on your blade vortex and your fire burst for faster boss kill. Elemental focus on sceptre can be changed to fire pen for ignite from the burst.

Also, you have probably rolled the most nasty mods. Only slight increases in minotaurs damage can be enough to one shot you, which makes the fight all of a sudden much more dangerous.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Jan 1, 2017, 8:17:29 AM
Fire pen in sceptre ?

for general mapping or boss ??
my ing is killwitches
pff died again to minotour 6 times !

with conc effect and fortify on !

i have to do something wrong i gueess!
my ing is killwitches
Not sure if im stating my issue wrong here, would really appreciate if it someone here actually could help and give me some pointers what im doing wrong or if its normal.
"
Killhard wrote:
pff died again to minotour 6 times !

with conc effect and fortify on !

i have to do something wrong i gueess!

Mino is one very though cookie... if you want to kill him with Fire Burst you better bring Kaom's Heart to the fight and even then it's a tricky and lengthy affair. Best way to nuke him is VMS with Rat Cage.
Thank You for this build! I was searching for something fresh.

My gear and tree can be found here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/petropanko/characters
Character name: ZerkerWoju.

Made some little changes in gem setup (high lvl cwdt in glove + leap slam for quality of life in boots :)) and in tree - will take Trickery on next lvl.

Life is 7800 atm, seems OK. Resistances overcaped to safely play Elemental Weakens on red maps.

Imo build has great potential, but of course need a little skill from the player to beat end game content like guardians, UberAtziri or Shaper.
I'm not very skilled, but still trying ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info