[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Started this build, 24H later I'm still in the twilight strand. Am I missing something?
have u tried chayula? can it do chayula?
ok, so i have been running this build for the past 5ish days. i wanted to try something that i could use to farm maps etc that was not a wander. i even cleared beachhead with it without an issue. i have 7.3k life and 3k armor and was doing fine untill i got to guardians. first time i have played since prophecy btw. i didnt want to invest alot of currency in a build when i wasn't sure it would work or not so instead of running the crazy over priced helm. i replaced it with a glitterdisk, took the increased chance of ignite gem out and replaced it with shocknova (for shock) and vortex (for extra def). was easily able to face tank double vall overseer with 109% inc fire dmg. but it fell flat against minotaur he easily 1 shot me about half way thro the fight. i replaced glimmer for lioneyes shield and put ignite gem back in and it was cake. ive done 3 of the guardians so far with this setup (died 4 times to chimera boss because i didnt know the mechanics). all guardians were done with lioneyes shield, bow lady was a joke. life with lioneyes is 8k armor 5k, tool tip on magaorb is 27k unbuffed, replaced slower proj with conc effect and running it in a 6l saint's hauberk. (looking into switching flam curse with enfeeble for bosses so i can keep glitter. will further gimp dps but i dont mind waiting. the point is not getting killed and doing it cheap as possible.)

things ive learned while playing the build.
1. you cannot play this build without the sword you will never leech enough from cwdt to live.
2. ignite is the most important part of this build by far, either get the helm or run glitter. with glitter it will gimp your dps output but u will explode if anything hits you and instantly be back at full health. (this is the setup i usually run)
3. you basically cannot die unless you get 1 shot (hence the sub for lionseye) or you get hit twice very fast (think this killed me on the minotaur fight, got hit with a rock and then slam in short sucession. this propted me to run the lionseye.)
4. if you run glitter you can replace the gmp - ball light setup with other spells. i used the extra slots for vortex/shocknova, bladefall and arctic armor.
5. i have a 3930k and a amd fury and my frames go down the drain on beachhead lol, but i live and thats the important part.

all in all its a good build with a crazy mechanic and it works rather well for mapping and most bosses (the lair boss will slay you in wolf form.) IF your pc can handle the fps drop and recover w/o crashing its a very affordable build and i have completed most content in the game. when i get my last shaper piece i will update with progress, currently lvl 90 and having a blast loling at mobs that touch me xD

char nobodyneedsfps if anybody is interested in my gear/gem setup.
p.s. anybody know why i only get my 2 recent supporter tags on forum posts ?
Last edited by Velynis on Sep 9, 2017, 5:18:33 AM
"
OBS!!! LEVEL ON THE GEMS IN THE "CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN" SETUPS NEED TO BE THE EXACT SAME LEVEL AS MINE, DON'T LEVEL IT MORE!!!

Hi, but can I up the Quality of these gems?
First I want to say thanks to ChrispieD for the build!
This build saved me from boriness of farming. I like it a lot, but I got the question - which quality of gems I should have, because I've seen some quality on gems? except main magma orb setup
Spoiler
(obviously coz of 20% might be there)
"
Velynis wrote:

all in all its a good build with a crazy mechanic and it works rather well for mapping and most bosses (the lair boss will slay you in wolf form.) IF your pc can handle the fps drop and recover w/o crashing its a very affordable build and i have completed most content in the game. when i get my last shaper piece i will update with progress, currently lvl 90 and having a blast loling at mobs that touch me xD

char nobodyneedsfps if anybody is interested in my gear/gem setup.
p.s. anybody know why i only get my 2 recent supporter tags on forum posts ?

Great tips thanks Velynis. I didn't even know Glitterdisc had the always ignite mod added this league.

You should be able to select supporter titles from your profile. Just click your name and go to the supporter titles tab.
Thanks to the guys Chilifreak and ChrispieD for a really enjoyable build. Having great fun with it and hoping to hit 90 soon!

A couple of questions - in the 2.5 video guide you take Avatar of Fire, but it's not in the 3.0 skill tree - I'm assuming it's not now needed. Q2 - are there any map mods we need to avoid?

Finally, I've got a bit of work to do on my gear, so any advice appreciated.
Hi,
Many thanks for the build. I have been levelling a Marauder just for this purpose. In 3 level I will be 68 and able to use it. I have all the requested gear except for the scepter. But it is noted on the first page that fireburst scepter is no longer needed due to nerf and that Doryani catalyst should be used instead.

1) Is that still the case or is it worth investing in a fire burst scepter ?
2) I have a belly of the beast but used up all my chromatics to obtain BBBRRG
Which mean I am one blue short, what gems would you recommend in that case ?

Many thanks !

Last edited by edessiex on Sep 10, 2017, 7:57:05 AM
"
morinr wrote:

I would think firepen would be better for single target, and empower could be better for the clear. Either way with a 6 link you will shit on most stuff.

Yes, that's what I'm planning to do, hence my main goal with this build is to kill Shaper for the first time !
I'm trying to save currency et running this build as cheap as possible, but I'm kinda stuck now, I don't know if it's better to go for 5L Belly or go for the helm instead. 200c in bank currently, so I have to choose wisely.

"
Velynis wrote:

things ive learned while playing the build.
1. you cannot play this build without the sword you will never leech enough from cwdt to live.
2. ignite is the most important part of this build by far, either get the helm or run glitter. with glitter it will gimp your dps output but u will explode if anything hits you and instantly be back at full health. (this is the setup i usually run)
3. you basically cannot die unless you get 1 shot (hence the sub for lionseye) or you get hit twice very fast (think this killed me on the minotaur fight, got hit with a rock and then slam in short sucession. this propted me to run the lionseye.)
4. if you run glitter you can replace the gmp - ball light setup with other spells. i used the extra slots for vortex/shocknova, bladefall and arctic armor.

Glitterdisk seems t really be a good option here, the helm is indeed waay too expensive.
I'm doing T14 ATM with my char but I think I'm gonna hit the wall soon: http://poe-profile.info/profile/ek0z (RectangularHadrosaurus)

"
edessiex wrote:
Hi,
Many thanks for the build. I have been levelling a Marauder just for this purpose. In 3 level I will be 68 and able to use it. I have all the requested gear except for the scepter. But it is noted on the first page that fireburst scepter is no longer needed due to nerf and that Doryani catalyst should be used instead.

1) Is that still the case or is it worth investing in a fire burst scepter ?
2) I have a belly of the beast but used up all my chromatics to obtain BBBRRG
Which mean I am one blue short, what gems would you recommend in that case ?

Doryani is a good cheap option imo, scepters with decent rolls are 40c minimum ATM. Conducting test will be ease hence the price of Doryani.
For your belly, as ChrispieD said, you can use Empower and FirePen. So in your case, Magma Orb-Controlled Destruction-Speel Echo-FirePen-Empower-FasterProjs/GMP/SlowerProjs

edit @ChrispieD: What gems to 20q first ?
Last edited by ek0z on Sep 10, 2017, 8:33:48 AM
What to u think about change immolate for arcane surge?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info