[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

To 5L you should definitely spam fusings. 5L isn't very rare and you might luck out and get a 6L
Hey Norse, very cool guide, I might use it as a 3.0 league starter !

I've got a few questions though :
-How has AoE affected EQ in your opinion ?
-Is there any other skills that could perform well ?
-Thoughts on Berserker ?
-Assuming 3.0 will come with poison nerfs, how bad will it hurt the build's damage ?
-Any reason you didn't pick RT in your highest level tree ? Or is it just a mistake ?

Thanks in advance, and thanks again for your guide and comprehensive knoweldge sharing !
With my EQ 5-linked, is it worth going Rapid Decay support without the helm enchant, or should I just grab like inc. fire damage or something?

Also, realistically, how many jeweller's will it take to get a proper 5-link off color cospris?
Last edited by Berto33 on May 17, 2017, 5:46:11 PM
"
norseman21 wrote:
"
Sir_Dibble2 wrote:
Hey Y'all,

Been working on this build, and after getting my RRRRGB Cospri's Will (so much luck... i almost died),
I am starting to think of ways to further optimize it.

You can see my current gear on my character "Agent_o_Bleed". My gloves are meh. The boots could have more armour/evasion, but whatever. My main question is whether it is more powerful to have 6L AW in cospri's or swap EQ to Cospri's and use Disfavour for further enhanced curses.

I could do Blasphemy-Enlighten-Enhance-Empower-Vulnerability-Temporal Chains. Or i could add in Arctic Armour, or Herald of Ash, instead of Empower (leaning more towards AA, survivability is alwasy good) and run EQ on Blood Magic, and Fortify on Leap Slam instead of EQ.

Fortify's damage boost isn't stellar, but it'd still be a loss. Not sure if running more auras is worth that, so i am thinking i'll add Empower in to aura set up? I can't claim to be very good with mechanics. Honestly this last 3 weeks (i started really late) of legacy are the best i've ever done currency building, and seeing a build come to fruition wise, so this min maxing aspect is new. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

p.s. Vorici jewelers technique for the win. Spent roughly 130c to buy the cospri, and 5 off it. Friggin' incredible. If i wanted to sell that's like 7-8 ex profit with my lucky (78 fusing) 6L...

p.p.s. I know.... I need the 30% reduced EQ duration on my helm. But i STILLLL haven't found the final trial i ned to start farming uber. Though i am pretty confident uber lab will be easily farmable with my current set up. I'm certainly not able to pay 8 ex for a pre-enchanted Devoto's either.

Personally I don't think that curse setup in disfavour is ever worth dropping links in your AW, Its WAY toomuch damage you're loosing out on, also curses fall off fast on end game bosses where 2 extra links won't.

With Fortify, there are so few gems that benefit earthquake and fortify gives you a nice little boost to damage, obviously no more multiplier but then add permanent fortify, It's easily worth it in the 6link in my opinion because you can easily sustain EQ on mana so BM would be a useless slot.

Edit: Checked your character, Honestly I'd quality the rest of your EQ/AW Gems you're missing a good amount of damage there. Also your enhance is only level 2, thats 16% you're missing on your curses which is pretty significant. Also you're missing about 30-40% More multipliers on your jewels which is HUGE. Try and get 3 Stat jewels with Life/Inc Damage/Area damage (Thats the mod 8-10% Increased damage) Those two damage mods are the only thing that double dip on both bleed and poison.

Also IR Reduces your survivability by a lot. I'd take 30-40% chance to evade over hits that do sub 2-3k being reduced a tiny bit.

hey,

just stopping in again to see if there's anymore improvements i can make before tackling atziri/uber atziri. Reworked my gear and tree a bit. Sitting at 6.2k life. Still working on getting the helm enchant. I assume thats mandatory for uber?

Thanks in advance.
Could anyone look on my EQ Slayer on SSF? I got over 5k life, capped resists, EQ unbuffed dps in HO is around 10k, ascendancies are: Bane of Legends, Headsman, Endless Hunger (2 more trails for uber lab).

I'm currently doing mostly T8-T9 maps but in certain situations I just cant leech hp enough to survive in huge fights (breaches and few bosses are constant spam of HP flasks).

My current setup is
1. EQ + Melee + Duration + AoE/CoC + Poison
2. AW + FA + Melee + Added Fire
3. Hatred + Herald of Ash
4. CWDT + Temp Chains + Vuln (Doedre's Ring for double curse)
5. Blood rage + Enduring Cry
6. Leap Slam + FA + Fortify + Endurance Charge on Stun

I know its a bit improvise setup, but like I said, SSF.

Just yesterday I found Hezmana Bloodlust, too bad my old axe is actually a bit more dps and I can still exalt it for more dmg. Thought Ill go 3auras then (arctic armour for example), but then I cant cast enduring cry and blood rage which is huge for my dps.

Anyways, could someone help me find next piece of my gear I should try to upgrade? What should I prioritize? Maybe something in my tree is wrong? Maybe my selfmade gem setup is wrong? I thought about doing standard CWDT + IC and just putting curses on CoH, but my enhance gem is rly low... Maybe going 2 curses now is bad idea? I dont really know what to do now.

My character name is MaximusGladiator if u could take a look on my profile for tree

and backup axe I think Ill exalt after I get lvl 7 vagan to remove crafted adds phys and block some shiity affix

Last edited by maciek2g on May 18, 2017, 4:20:45 AM
"
Berto33 wrote:
With my EQ 5-linked, is it worth going Rapid Decay support without the helm enchant, or should I just grab like inc. fire damage or something?

Also, realistically, how many jeweller's will it take to get a proper 5-link off color cospris?

I did RRRRGB on my Cospri in aroud 1200 jewellers. But I can say I was lucky that my 5th socket was blue from the first try. Also, the 6th was green from the first try, but that's not a surprise.
I seem to be hitting a bit of a brick wall with this build now. Just started doing T11s and I'm dying multiple times each map. Would 5-linking my cospris really help that much or do I need to be doing something to increase my defensiveness? Could also just be playing the build itself wrong, idk.

Here's my gear. Currently have 80c, and about 200c total in other currencies. Thanks for any help, really appreciate it!
"
maciek2g wrote:
Could anyone look on my EQ Slayer on SSF? I got over 5k life, capped resists, EQ unbuffed dps in HO is around 10k, ascendancies are: Bane of Legends, Headsman, Endless Hunger (2 more trails for uber lab).

I'm currently doing mostly T8-T9 maps but in certain situations I just cant leech hp enough to survive in huge fights (breaches and few bosses are constant spam of HP flasks).

My current setup is
1. EQ + Melee + Duration + AoE/CoC + Poison
2. AW + FA + Melee + Added Fire
3. Hatred + Herald of Ash
4. CWDT + Temp Chains + Vuln (Doedre's Ring for double curse)
5. Blood rage + Enduring Cry
6. Leap Slam + FA + Fortify + Endurance Charge on Stun

I know its a bit improvise setup, but like I said, SSF.

Just yesterday I found Hezmana Bloodlust, too bad my old axe is actually a bit more dps and I can still exalt it for more dmg. Thought Ill go 3auras then (arctic armour for example), but then I cant cast enduring cry and blood rage which is huge for my dps.

Anyways, could someone help me find next piece of my gear I should try to upgrade? What should I prioritize? Maybe something in my tree is wrong? Maybe my selfmade gem setup is wrong? I thought about doing standard CWDT + IC and just putting curses on CoH, but my enhance gem is rly low... Maybe going 2 curses now is bad idea? I dont really know what to do now.

My character name is MaximusGladiator if u could take a look on my profile for tree

and backup axe I think Ill exalt after I get lvl 7 vagan to remove crafted adds phys and block some shiity affix

if you have an exalt, it'll probably serve you better to buy a Jeweller's Touch prophecy for a guarenteed 5L on your hezmana?
"
Berto33 wrote:
I seem to be hitting a bit of a brick wall with this build now. Just started doing T11s and I'm dying multiple times each map. Would 5-linking my cospris really help that much or do I need to be doing something to increase my defensiveness? Could also just be playing the build itself wrong, idk.

Here's my gear. Currently have 80c, and about 200c total in other currencies. Thanks for any help, really appreciate it!

commenting on "playing the build itself wrong". here's a copypaste from 1 of my replies in this thread a few pages back.

Spoiler
RE: being more careful. i'm don't know your playstyle, but basically this was my experience:
i was facetanking everything in white/yellow maps, until i started doing red maps (everything was with atziri's disfavour) i realised that i was dying like once every 2-3 maps and that it wasn't working out. at that time i already have 80% of my current gear.

it was the fire storm boss in the battleground tileset (twinned mod) that made me realise i should just kite and let AW do the work. so instead of facetanking everything, i'd drop AW in front of me, EQ the ground (to proc poison and bleeding) and just kite around the totem.
downed both bosses in under a min, no damage taken. that was with my 5L AW. you have a 6L AW.

THEN i realised i should do the same even for mapping. EQ will never achieve the same clearspeed like vaal spark / vaal fireball / other clearspeed meta builds out there, so it's not wise to try to push for more clear speed in exchange for the risk of dying.

now, i still die from time to time, but that's consciously knowing that i got lazy and just leap slam into a full pack of nemesis mobs + shrine mobs and standing in poison and on shocked ground. that's noobish, but that's me haha.

try paying some attention to how exactly you play when mapping.
do you drop your AW on big packs?
do you constantly pop lion's roar/writhing jar?
i have a basalt flask for more physical damage reduction.
for mapping, lion's roar + writhing jar is constantly used. for bosses, basalt shine for me.

a side note, what's your hotkey mapping like? optimising my hotkeys (by watching norse's video and paying attention to his hotkeys) doubled my clear speed.

Spoiler
i dare say it's a matter of playstyle. are you facetanking everything?

drop the AW in front, EQ the ground near AW, and kite. you should take no damage.

if you face porcupines, divide and conquer!

edit: you're the 3rd person in 2 days that's using a life flask of staunching to remove bleeding.
slayer ascendancy makes you immune to bleed while you're leeching, which is ALL THE TIME. reroll it for something else, remove shock/ignite/poison/curse/whatever
Last edited by CliffAhead on May 18, 2017, 8:38:44 PM
Just want to say I've been loving this build. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should upgrade next? I still find myself occasionally dying in maps. I'm fairly new to the game, but a friend got me started in this game. He told me to follow this guy and try out Legacy league for my first character. He even helped me get some of the gear. I've absolutely been loving it but I know I need some upgrades and I'm not too sure where to start.

"

Thanks all!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info