[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

Just to put it out here. You should add Uul-Netol's Embrace to the list of recommended weapons. They reach 400 pDPS. Have reduced attack speed meaning if you don't have a Devotos with reduced duration it's perfect to getting that one quake per one swing. The damage it self surpases even disfavor (Disfavor has more DPS due to lots more attack speed). It causes bleeding on cursed enemies witch is perfect for us as enemies will always be cursed. There is the bone nova witch really is just candy coating and the axe is way more affordable than Disfavor.

Also you should put a replacment for Bloodlust in the ancestral warchief for those that do not posses Atziris or Uul-Netols.
And I would recommend keeping Hatred - Herald of Ash until they aquire Cospri's will or suggest investing 9 more points into that extra passive and then respecing out of it to the original tree once they aquire Cospirs Will.

I just started the build. I have played earthquake before but this is prolly the smoothest melee leveling I have done as a melee (never though the warchief can add so much to earthquake builds). The build is well rounded and just powerfull. Raging from scratch broke (like me) to 30 exes to spend on items. The leveling tree is just wonderfull so much regen makes you feel like you are flasked all the time.

Appart from a few suggestions to help our new fellow exiles who do not understand the ways yet this guide is pure awesomness. Keep up the good work.
What are peoples thoughts on Carnage Heart? It seems to synergize well with the bulid, just missing life. Is the damage/leech not worth it over a rare ammy with life/res/stats?
IGN PoopyPotter
"
Mecielle wrote:
yes, I used it for a 5link.

Selling my equip. I figured out running Uber Lab over and over again really isnt for me. This is most of the equipment I used to reliably kill Uber Izaro for 3-4 keys at only level 80. If you are interested in anything, give me a whisper:

@Dassassinator

Please don't post in this thread about my gear or start a discussion about how shitty it is xD Keep this on topic.

One last thing: This build does exactly what is promised. On a tight budget you can get good enough gear to farm mid tier maps. That will eventually allow you to upgrade into more expensive gear that will make this build very very strong. T14 maps were absolutely no problem with the above gear. I can only imagine how good of a boss farmer this will be with Disfavour and two six links.

People that complain about the clear speed really make me question their intelligence. How much clear speed did they expect from an Eartquake build? Even before the AOE nerf it was not known to be very fast. As said above, a great boss killer.

I wouldnt even say you need 2 6 links for end game. Even with just a reduced earthquake duration devotos and a quality reduced duration + rapid decay, you get insane dps. My tooltup earthquake attack speed is .39 and my earthquake skill duration is .34 and im melting everything up to t15 maps.

Oh and im also running on 2 5 links. It feels like anything more than what i have now is pure luxury, and i havent even found my last uber trial yet..
I have to say that i read all 55 pages guys and i dont know why norse stopped replying to players afterall we need to know if there are any significant tree changes to the build after2.6,as per your comments it is clear yes Atziri's Axe Cospri's Bloodlust and so on.
What we need as final is Bloodrage and Endurance charges, Norse specced EC out why?, spec out that medigation esp if you want to run uber lab and survive itzaro's massive hits and even argus also does not hit much less, and also since we have 3 frenzy's by default why not use bloodrage its just 1 gem in slot ok maybe 2 with incr dur and life /mana leech also.
Please your final thoughts on endurance charges and Bloodrage for end game content. Next points on tree will be for endurance charges that is if its advisable to do so and also will respect out Vitality for Hematophagy also whaen i have repsects.
Can someone look at my character pls and tree and advise on any thoughts to help me, yes i am not afraid to ask for help. Never played earthquake before so need some advice and new league by myself playing is hard to make currency to improve but i am happy so far with build. Just eager to run uber lab which until now i just cant.my IGN: DeathofLegacy
My future plans is Atziri's Axe / Cospri's / Enhance lv 3 or 4 / Enlighten lvl 3 or 4
I am levelling 3 curses now to decide which i will use when my char is all geared up and ready for serious endgame content.
Sorry for long msg guys.
Last edited by philipma on Mar 13, 2017, 10:51:49 AM
Well, well...
I started with a similar build to this since i never tried EQ before.
Single target was massive, 4 key Uber-Lab runs doable and Atziri and red maps fine.

Problem for me is the clearspeed.
EQ compared to cyclone, lacerate or even reave just falls back a lot.

Decided to give cyclone a shot yesterday and BOOM.
Clearing twice as fast, same damage for bosses,
could kill Guardians as well with no major issues.

If anyone is interested, here is my gear:
(no need for dual 6L tho)
And i would prefer the cyclone in my axe.. but chroming fucking cospris is a pain in the ass.

Outdated:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1955346 // IceShot Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1755526 // OccCIReave
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1164453 // MF_Party_Culler
people underestimate how good reduced earthquake duration helm is, in my opinion, it should be a priority over even 6 linking the axe or chest.
How do I proc the Endurance Charge on Melee Stun?
"
TheOne320 wrote:
How do I proc the Endurance Charge on Melee Stun?

Leap Slam procs that. Just cast an enduring cry on the first pack of the map and then keep leap slamming into packs. Should have max endurance charges all the time until your immortal call procs. Then repeat.

"
aykay317 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
yes, I used it for a 5link.

Selling my equip. I figured out running Uber Lab over and over again really isnt for me. This is most of the equipment I used to reliably kill Uber Izaro for 3-4 keys at only level 80. If you are interested in anything, give me a whisper:

@Dassassinator

Please don't post in this thread about my gear or start a discussion about how shitty it is xD Keep this on topic.

One last thing: This build does exactly what is promised. On a tight budget you can get good enough gear to farm mid tier maps. That will eventually allow you to upgrade into more expensive gear that will make this build very very strong. T14 maps were absolutely no problem with the above gear. I can only imagine how good of a boss farmer this will be with Disfavour and two six links.

People that complain about the clear speed really make me question their intelligence. How much clear speed did they expect from an Eartquake build? Even before the AOE nerf it was not known to be very fast. As said above, a great boss killer.

I wouldnt even say you need 2 6 links for end game. Even with just a reduced earthquake duration devotos and a quality reduced duration + rapid decay, you get insane dps. My tooltup earthquake attack speed is .39 and my earthquake skill duration is .34 and im melting everything up to t15 maps.

Oh and im also running on 2 5 links. It feels like anything more than what i have now is pure luxury, and i havent even found my last uber trial yet..

Yes, as I said, this build works great on 2 5-links. That is another point towards "budget viable" btw. But 6 links WILL give a huge boost. Being able to use Fortify on your EQ alone should give a HUGE boost to damage and survivability during boss fights.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 13, 2017, 2:49:44 PM
if i wanted to use a DPS gem as my 6th link for EQ, what should i use? was thinking added chaos / added fire but i'm not sure which would perform better. planning to farm guardians/shaper(had my first shaper kill today with added chaos as 6th link)
"
aykay317 wrote:
"
Ragnorak wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
Mhh, I don't take the duelist leech nodes. The "Hematophagy" cluster is MUCH better. OP changed it in his tree too. You just need around 0.3% mana leech on jewels or gear if you do this. You can look in my profile for how I did it, maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

I hadn't noticed that actually. It makes a lot of sense for me, because I haven't taken Iron Reflexes. Wasn't really planning on it at this stage. Might have to respec a bit and take Hematophagy.

Yeah I tried iron reflexes, but I feel that overall, evasion is much better for end game. If you are running purely maps, then iron reflexes might be good, but overall, armor doesn't negate much damage at all from big boss hits. Imo, much better to stack life and evasion for end game content.

Also, just specced out of Vitality void into the hematophogy cluster, and the DPS increase feels very, very substantial. Although this did force me to spend one point into the expertise node as I was missing around 19 dex after the respec. Well worth spending that extra point to get hema.

I'd recommend anyone who has 0.3 mana leech in their gear to spec out of vitatlity void asap into hema, it is a substantial DPS boost.

good hunting

Can you explain more about EV vs Armor? I went iron reflex to also get pois nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info