[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

Hi Norse,

This is the most I've ever invested into a build before(Spent in total 3.5-4EX). I started out as a Marohi Equi Elemental EQ and transitioned to your build because I hit the cap on elemental damage hard. I did sell out to armor and was super tanky though.

I've invested in 5L UUL-Netol's and 5L Cospri's Will. I tried to track your passive chart with about 30 or so refund points to align with your overall key nodes.

I have a few huge problems I need help with:
1) My page DPS for my 5L EQ is ~9k (with Marohi + ele ~ 25k)
2) My eHP is really low, getting one shot by tons of Tier 10 Rare mobs and Uber Lab Izaro (with leap slamming around his charge ups)
3) Don't quite understand with such low page DPS and eHP how to approach Uber Lab type boss fights, because with curse stack to work I will have to be in range of melee shots?

Made my profile public to allow viewing of my items for my Breach MeSlamNow character.

My Passives - https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQHcBLMFLQmWC2EMcA0fDc0UIBXsGjgaPhzOI9MnnykuK1At0jB3NZI5DjwFPChBh0MxR35M_1BHVw1Z81n-Xz9hIWRSZU1lp2jybydvO3KpdO12rHfjeA14enloe3R8uHzZggeCm4TZhO-Fp4a0h2qK8I9gkFWRzpZsl3maapy-nz6iAKU1qSepbqmUrKqtja5Qr2yvp7KAtfK3PrkdvTa-p8AawGbBBMGjxBXE9sauypDPftIh1ljYvdlh2sHhc-Jh5FHpRuoY7SDvDu988B_xrPIv8kH3Mvjr_gr-VA==

Would really love any help getting from where I am to effective Uber Lab clearing machine!!!!
Hello Norse,

First thing first, Thank you for your build! It really helps me building a viable character and I farm uber-lab a lot with him.

My next step after farming through lab my disfavour is to defeat uber atziri, but I am just struggling a lot. I have already manage to take her down but the split phase is a true nightmare. I can't dps her down as you do in your recent video and I have no clue why I deal so few dps in comparison with you.
I don't have cospri's will, but I have more point allocated in damage than you. I also use lightning trap as you do.

Do you have any idea what are the crucial things missing in my build ? What is your tooltip dps for earthquake in town ? Does rapid decay make such a big difference?

Thank in advance for any help, from you or whoever might have advice :)
Last edited by Gilhyan on Dec 21, 2016, 6:43:36 PM
Got another question,Does posion damage and duration that come from Cospri's Will effect by less duration and Rapid Decay gem? It doesnt link with them.
Last edited by junyichow on Dec 21, 2016, 7:23:29 PM
So a few questions here

I'm gonna be making a budget version of this build, can't afford cospri's or atziri's axe.

I plan on using a 5L rare or a belly of the beast. I'm not sure which would provide better returns, if i get a rare with about 80-90 life vs a belly, which would provide a higher return of life?

I do have this in my stash which i could link:

Most importantly, the axe im planning to use is

As you can tell, i don't have any way to apply bleeds. Would the links for earthquake and ancestral warchief change?

With 5L armor i plan on going: earthquake - melee phys - increased aoe - less duration - poison

Is that still the optimal way to go or should i swap out poison for something else? Maybe weapon elemental damage if I run hatred and herald of ash?

If i get can 5L my weapon my warchief setup would be: ancestral warchief - melee phys - faster attacks - conc effect - ??? (im assuming bloodlust isnt an option here due to my lack of bleed)
Last edited by kaerrevival on Dec 22, 2016, 11:28:19 AM
"
ishmael_ wrote:
Currently following this build in HC breach. For HC, should I take Unwavering Stance + Iron reflexes?

Why would you need unwavering? Slayer gives you immunity to stun when you leech, which is basically always! I wouldn't even bother with iron reflexes either, just use basalt flask instead of suggested Sapphire flask which is useless, eventually you could get taste of hate if can afford it. Having some evasion will net you more than converting it to armor in my opinion. And finally, for HC I wouldn't go this poison variation with cospri at all - getting sufficient amount of life is really hard with this setup.

People seem to be obsessed by poison, but it's efficient only if you invest in it quite a lot and works better with high attack speed and multi-hitting skills.

If you watch closely his videos, you can see DOT does barely any damage - when he is not attacking - HP bar shows barely any damage done whatsoever.

"
Nirvanatone wrote:

1) My page DPS for my 5L EQ is ~9k (with Marohi + ele ~ 25k)
2) My eHP is really low, getting one shot by tons of Tier 10 Rare mobs and Uber Lab Izaro (with leap slamming around his charge ups)
3) Don't quite understand with such low page DPS and eHP how to approach Uber Lab type boss fights, because with curse stack to work I will have to be in range of melee shots?

Made my profile public to allow viewing of my items for my Breach MeSlamNow character.

Would really love any help getting from where I am to effective Uber Lab clearing machine!!!!

1) and what do you expect, when you have only Melee phys scalling the base damage?
2) and what do you expect with low HP items? This build is not meant to be tanky, you have to manually dodge and avoid stuff. It's not facetanking build.
3) For ubber lab I'd simply with elemental scaling (Hatred+Herald of ash), links: EQ+melee phys+dur+aoe/conc+WED+added fire (in order of importance). I can do most Ubber lab scenarios with max key run (you can check my profile and my EQ build if you wish)

Based on your profile, few of your items have quite low amount of life on them, I would suggest prioritizing life insted of for example having spiked gloves, rustic sash, amulet also has quite low life. You are also missing a lot of easy life nodes on the passive tree. I suggest dropping those armor nodes and getting life nodes instead. Without much armor on gear, those armor nodes are pure waste of nodes (kinda it is anyway, since armor is shit against big hits anyway), basically armor nodes are fine if you get those on hybrid nodes (like Life + armor), but pure armor nodes are completely useless especially in your case.

Further more, don't waste nodes to get resistances on passive tree, get it on gear, you still have plenty of slots to cap it: gloves, belt, 2xring, amulet, boots.

"
junyichow wrote:
Got another question,Does posion damage and duration that come from Cospri's Will effect by less duration and Rapid Decay gem? It doesnt link with them.

As far as I know - no, less duration seems to not affect poison duration, but increased duration affects it regardless if it comes from item or poison support gem. It's really tricky, since it lacks a consistency in logic (both less duration and increased duration support gems should follow the same logic, but they kinda don't).
Last edited by walentaz on Dec 22, 2016, 6:40:09 AM
"
walentaz wrote:
After some thinking I've came to a conclusion poison is not a good option for skill as earthquake. Sure you apply two stacks with one cast, but aftershock lags and is cut of with the attack speed you have with this axe. Besides, there is no poison scaling on the tree and that leaves you with vulnerability and rapid decay.

Amount of hits doesn't matter at all. All that poison being able to stack means it doesn't lose efficiency with fast attacks (unlike non-stacking DoT like burn or bleed). Hitting once for 500 damage is the same as hitting 5 times for 100 damage when it comes to poison.

Build doesn't have DoT scaling? Let's look at this...

Concentrated Effect is double dipping 59% more. Less Duration is double dipping 19% more. Rapid decay plays key role in EQ build along with helm enchant to get aftershock from every hit and it also happens to give 39% more 10% increased. Those three more multipliers from gems alone give you 2.6x the base poison damage. Rapid decay and less duration unfortunately also reduce DoT duration, but for bleed that doesn't matter since you attack fast enough to have bleed going on all the time.

Then from gem quality, tree and jewels you should easily get something like 150% increased damage for both of your DOTs. Add in vulnerability and temp chains (increases DoT durations) with curse effectiveness from skill tree, blasphemy quality and enhance and you've got plenty of DoT scaling already.

Also keep in mind that we have bleed anyway from Disfavour, so running the DoT-enhancing double curse also has a lot of value in boosting that, so it's not only free poison you get out of Cospri's. Temp Chains with curse effectiveness also has a lot of defensive value, which you shouldn't overlook either.
Last edited by chinz on Dec 22, 2016, 8:30:33 AM
"
walentaz wrote:
"
ishmael_ wrote:
Currently following this build in HC breach. For HC, should I take Unwavering Stance + Iron reflexes?

Why would you need unwavering? Slayer gives you immunity to stun when you leech, which is basically always! I wouldn't even bother with iron reflexes either, just use basalt flask instead of suggested Sapphire flask which is useless, eventually you could get taste of hate if can afford it. Having some evasion will net you more than converting it to armor in my opinion. And finally, for HC I wouldn't go this poison variation with cospri at all - getting sufficient amount of life is really hard with this setup.

Thanks for the answer
Just made this 2 days ago. lvl 84. Uber/Guardians down. SO far so good. The leech is insane
My life however is still low, 5.7K hp and so is my dps, 25K in town. ( Still levelling some gems)
Currently has attack speed from bandits. Will prob respec to dmg later on.

Needs better gloves,rings,amu and belt. Once I got those i will swap for +1 Atziri step and swap HoA/Hatred with curses. Last I will go for the Cospri as is not easy to get a 5 off colour one. Took me ages to get a 5off for my BV.

My att speed is 0.4 and skill is 0.34

will update once i manage to hit 90+ and min max my gear.
Last edited by alecs87 on Dec 24, 2016, 6:46:52 PM
Hey guys, what you think about using Cyclone instead of EQ now that it is buffed?

Also, is this amulet any good for this build?

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Last edited by G0rr on Dec 25, 2016, 6:04:40 AM
why is he not using antibleed flask?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info