[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

"
zakariusqc wrote:
between walentax, why are you still using bloodlust on your ancestral warchef when you dont have anything that cause bleed?isnt that support only usefull if you have the axe that cause bleed?you should swap it for conc effect.this gem add LOT of dps

between im really thorn between earthquake and cyclone atm....cyclone 20% with inc aoe gems is quite big so clear speed seem quite good but the single target dmg seem much higther....the possibility to avoid while doing dmg is pretty big also.cyclone usualy scale well with atk speed but we go for hight dmg and low atk speed so...will it scale well with this build?

It's because I'm 1.5lvl away from equipping disfavour, but since I don't use totem anyway for now it's there to level the gem a bit. Bleed will be there when I hit 75:

Regarding Cyclone vs EQ, it depends build usage. If you are not going to take on ubber atziri, shaper, guardians, then EQ has probably a faster clear in general and it's nice in clearing breaches. Cyclone on other hand is better for single targets so I'd choose it for ubber boss farming.

One more difference is that for ubber bosses with cyclone you kinda would need a vaal pact and something like raider would benefit you more I guess, since you are immune to stun with cyclone anyway, it doesn't do that much overkill damage and since cyclone scales really well with attack speed, raider seems better like a better pick since a lot of slayer's nodes would be a waste. But again, culling on Slayer is really nice. Culling at <20% of HP is quite an increase in effective dps.

Now EQ is bit of waste when fighting ubber bosses, which have tons of HP. If you start spamming the boss, you will get aftershock going on just like every third hit or so - so there is a lot of skill potential wasted in such scenario. If you do ubbers very occasionally so that's fine, but it doesn't seem good option for dedicated shaper/ubber atziri farming build.
Last edited by walentaz on Dec 20, 2016, 12:05:13 PM
"
walentaz wrote:
If you start spamming the boss, you will get aftershock going on just like every third hit or so - so there is a lot of skill potential wasted in such scenario.
With rapid decay, less duration and helm enchant you should get aftershock on every hit.
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
"
walentaz wrote:
If you start spamming the boss, you will get aftershock going on just like every third hit or so - so there is a lot of skill potential wasted in such scenario.
With rapid decay, less duration and helm enchant you should get aftershock on every hit.

Well I forgot rapid decay afects duration as well, then yeah, maybe you can push to getting it with every hit. It gets to like 0.33 skill duration? But still, you don't do damage while re-positioning, while with cyclone you do - which is quite useful especially on shaper. Damage wise, I think properly built cyclone beats EQ on single target dps wise. In uber Atziri, trio is quite difficult with far to big aoe, since killing wrong one first is basically game over. You probably seen Mathil's cyclone, which is elemental in the first place (he has very little ele pen), axe has 200 less pdps on it, and he does substantially more damage than this poison EQ. With disfavor - cyclone should beat the s#!% out of EQ.

I'm not arguing it's not viable, because OP proved it is perfectly viable, but there are more convenient builds for these fights, especially if you intend to farm these boses on regular basis.

I did a bit of testing with poison + rapid decay and witchfire brew flask. Chaos+bleed DOT didn't seem to be impressive, compared to just simple bleed from axe without any scaling at all. By doing so I lose over a 50% of sheet dps, which I know is not effective dps, but still difference is really substantial.

I still need to get helm enchant somehow and level up the character to test on more tanky bosses, preferably minotaur, to compare it damage wise more accurately.
Last edited by walentaz on Dec 20, 2016, 3:46:11 PM
I started doing this build but I stayed in which I take before to disfavor or to cospri?
At the moment I can only get one of them and my goal with this build is uber lab

Since I thank you, I do not know if it was clear why I used a translator
why not kaom heart?
Last edited by junyichow on Dec 21, 2016, 5:07:23 AM
Or get a cheap belly of the best. Koam heart is expensive and you will lose your socket for a 5-6link ancestral warchef

Last edited by zakariusqc on Dec 21, 2016, 7:36:12 AM
"
zakariusqc wrote:
Or get a cheap belly of the best. Koam heart is expensive and you will lose your socket for a 5-6link ancestral warchef

humm, how about remove CWDT set and make 4l warchief ? I like more life
Which pay first to cospri will 6l or the unfavor 5l?
"
junyichow wrote:
humm, how about remove CWDT set and make 4l warchief ? I like more life

But then you trade you cwdt survivability for raw hp pool. And damage on warchief. And damage from poison. And 1 curse on top of that(defensive or offensive).

If you want to boost your ehp, switch vulnerability with enfeeble.

Question to all. I ran CWDT(lvl1)-Ball lightning-Blind-Vortex for awhile, but now I started to die a lot more often in high red maps. I'm thinking of switching to CWDT-IC-Vortex. Which level CWDT should I go? 20? Vortex suffers. Much lower? Keeping charges up becomes more annoying.
Last edited by GladiatorUA on Dec 21, 2016, 4:42:41 PM
Currently following this build in HC breach. For HC, should I take Unwavering Stance + Iron reflexes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info