[3.6] The Starlord | Ancestral Warchief + Starforge | All Maps & All Bosses

What about removing less duration and voidheart and add a good flat phys ring + poison support gem instead?
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
hankinsohl wrote:
Has anyone tried Hall of the Grandmasters with this build?

Probably a no-go - but maybe insane DPS would carry the day.

tried and failed, totems die to quickly

Also failed. With this build we have huge amount of dmg, but totems dying very quickly, so no damage.

"
stRedZ wrote:
Is this build still possible to play with the new voidheart ?

My profile: Untaneliz.

Last edited by Life2v on Sep 26, 2016, 10:51:44 AM
Void Manipulation Support is much better than less duration. Much. Because you get double benefit from area damage, totem damage.
why dont you drop Resolute Technique and shock chance jewels then go crit for shock instead? maybe replace Less Duration with Inc. Critical Strikes?

idk just an idea

"
RipQuartz wrote:
why dont you drop Resolute Technique and shock chance jewels then go crit for shock instead? maybe replace Less Duration with Inc. Critical Strikes?

idk just an idea

I was considering this as well. However, Starforge's 5% critical strike chance is quite low, so it might be hard to get enough crit chance to make this worthwhile; you'd also need to pick up some accuracy (gloves/amulet) which will making gearing that much harder.

Discounting any crit chance you might be able to pick up on jewels/jewelry, I think you'd end up with about 50% chance to crit going all out for crit chance with a reworked marauder skill-tree; by way of contrast, you'd end up with 90% plus chance to crit using Hegemony's Era.

Assassin would be a better choice for crit to address Starforge's low critical strike chance
Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 27, 2016, 1:04:41 PM
Hi guggelhupf and all others :)

Yesterday I switched from Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker to this build.
This are my current items:

And my flask:

Now I am thinking what I should change next?
What would give me the most dmg boost?

Is it the voidheart ring?

At the moment I don't feel that this build is so much better then the other one.
Items I must switch are:

right ring
glooves
boots

Any suggestions?

br

Majesti
Last edited by Mayesti on Sep 28, 2016, 3:11:44 AM
"
Mayesti wrote:

At the moment I don't feel that this build is so much better then the other one.
Items I must switch are:

right ring
glooves
boots

Any suggestions?

br

Majesti

The advantage of this build over a Facebreaker + Abyssus build is that this build has much more survivability due to higher life and faster movement speed, and it isn't taking that 40% increased physical damage incurred by Abyssus.

To get the most out of this build you'll want to get shock gems so that you shock stuff that you aren't one-shotting. A Voidheart is nice and then maybe Ming's Heart for 20% extra damage or Doedre's for dual-curse.

I too have a triple-totem variant of the Facebreaker build; it has really nice DPS but it's pretty hard to keep alive against bosses that do high physical damage. For example, Core Malachi one-shots my Facebreaker build if I get hit by that stuff he throws.

Although I'm still leveling this build, I think it'll be much easier to kill Guardians/Core Malachai, etc. than with the Facebreaker build.

I haven't played this build long enough to determine how reliable shock is. If shock isn't consistent enough, dual curse Vulnerability and Conductivity might be better than Vulnerability, Temp Chains.
=================
Some thoughts on Starforge:

Huge physical DPS is excellent.

Physical damage can shock looks very nice.

Deal no elemental damage - this is the handicap. Hmmm.

5% crit chance - massively low.
-----
Honestly, Starforge looks like a Meh weapon.

It's "deal no elemental damage" and "your physical damage can shock" screams crit-shock.

The 5% crit chance screams, do not go crit with this weapon.
--------
OK, don't go crit.

But try to shock.
----------
So we use shock gems.

And we curse with Conductivity.
------------
Great, now we shock bosses.
--------------
Hello!

Vaal Lightning Trap will shock 100% of the time n matter what.

And Vessel of Vinktar will also shock 100% of the time.
---------------
So where are we at?

We have a weapon that cannot do any elemental damage - which means that Hatred and HoF are massively nerfed.

No problem you say - we'll go crit.

Well Starforge has a base crit chance of 5% - this means you're going Assassin if you want reliable crit.
-----------------
Overall, I think that this weapon sucks for and end-game content weapon.

It's not good for crit.

And the massive "no elemental damage" penalty is huge.
=======================
The only thing going for this weapon is that it seems to be easier to get than competing weapons such as Disfavoor.
----------------------
Suggested fix - either make this weapon less likely to drop and change the crit chance...

or, make this weapon have an innate shock chance, or

make this weapon able to deal elemental damage.
--------------------
With the existing atats, and 5% crit chance, it's my opinion that this weapon kindof sucks.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 28, 2016, 5:14:04 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Mayesti wrote:

Items I must switch are:

right ring
glooves
boots

Any suggestions?

br

Majesti

The advantage of this build over a Facebreaker + Abyssus build is that this build has much more survivability due to higher life and faster movement speed, and it isn't taking that 40% increased physical damage incurred by Abyssus.

To get the most out of this build you'll want to get shock gems so that you shock stuff that you aren't one-shotting. A Voidheart is nice and then maybe Ming's Heart for 20% extra damage or Doedre's for dual-curse.

I too have a triple-totem variant of the Facebreaker build; it has really nice DPS but it's pretty hard to keep alive against bosses that do high physical damage. For example, Core Malachi one-shots my Facebreaker build if I get hit by that stuff he throws.

Although I'm still leveling this build, I think it'll be much easier to kill Guardians/Core Malachai, etc. than with the Facebreaker build.

I haven't played this build long enough to determine how reliable shock is. If shock isn't consistent enough, dual curse Vulnerability and Conductivity might be better than Vulnerability, Temp Chains.
=================
Some thoughts on Starforge:

Huge physical DPS is excellent.

Physical damage can shock looks very nice.

Deal no elemental damage - this is the handicap. Hmmm.

5% crit chance - massively low.
-----
Honestly, Starforge looks like a Meh weapon.

It's "deal no elemental damage" and "your physical damage can shock" screams crit-shock.

The 5% crit chance screams, do not go crit with this weapon.
--------
OK, don't go crit.

But try to shock.
----------
So we use shock gems.

And we curse with Conductivity.
------------
Great, now we shock bosses.
--------------
Hello!

Vaal Lightning Trap will shock 100% of the time n matter what.

And Vessel of Vinktar will also shock 100% of the time.
---------------
So where are we at?

We have a weapon that cannot do any elemental damage - which means that Hatred and HoF are massively nerfed.

No problem you say - we'll go crit.

Well Starforge has a base crit chance of 5% - this means you're going Assassin if you want reliable crit.
-----------------
Overall, I think that this weapon sucks for and end-game content weapon.

It's not good for crit.

And the massive "no elemental damage" penalty is huge.
=======================
The only thing going for this weapon is that it seems to be easier to get than competing weapons such as Disfavoor.
----------------------
Suggested fix - either make this weapon less likely to drop and change the crit chance...

or, make this weapon have an innate shock chance, or

make this weapon able to deal elemental damage.
--------------------
With the existing atats, and 5% crit chance, it's my opinion that this weapon kindof sucks.

I think this weapon screams poison and not crit. Try poison gem and watch bosses melt in seconds.
"
ppsly wrote:

I think this weapon screams poison and not crit. Try poison gem and watch bosses melt in seconds.

It's the strange "your hits can shock" mod that lends you to think crit - until you see the 5% crit chance.

Oh, and

I've got poison fully integrated into this build :-)

Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 28, 2016, 12:28:48 PM
how much life do u have with the cospri's ?
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info