Mechanical Questions Thread

Which is applied first with a single hit, a curse or bleeding? Curse source is a ring mod.

E.g. my chance to inflict bleeding for split arrow is 80% and vulnerability provides another 20%;
1st hit on enemy with split arrow curses with vulnerability on hit - is my chance to inflict bleeding for that same hit 100% or 80%?
хотел вас спросить работает ли новый мод на камнях(watchstone) Harbingers in Areas have (11-15)% chance to drop an additional Stack of Currency Shards будут ли они работаеть если вставить 3 штуки =45% или не будут вместе работать?
Brand Recall on Armageddon Brand question as it relates to ignite...

When recall is used, is the ignite based off of:
A. The combined total damage of all brands recalled (since they drop simultaneously)
B. The largest hit of the recalled brands (that's assuming they even do different individual damages- I'm definitely unsure of this as well)

I suppose the reason for my question is obvious as one would get a much bigger hit/ignite from multiple brands added up.
Hello!

How do sources of less damage taken work together?

For example, if I have together
Gale force from deadeye (30% less damage taken),
Buff from armour Doppelganger guise (25% less physical damage taken),
fortify (20% less damage taken from hits)
Arctic armour (13% less physical and 12% less fire damage taken from hits)

Will I have 30+25+20+13=87 less physical damage taken from hits? Or It will be
0.7, then 25% from 0.7 less, then 13% of the last calculation etc.

Or maybe source of less damage taken from hits and less damage taken are calculated separately and do not combine?

Thank you.
Hello,

I have a question regarding Blasphemy.

The notable passive skill "Dark Discourse" from cluster jewels says: "Enemies you Curse are Hindered, with 15% reduced Movement Speed"

The Ascendency notable "Malediction" from the Occultist says:
"Enemies you Curse have Malediction"

If I use Blasphemy with curses, what will happen?

1) Neither "Dark Discourse" nor "Malediction" will work.
2) Only Malediction works despite the similar wording.
3) Both work.

This question has been asked a few times when I searched the internet for it. However the answers are not consistent.

Thank you.
Two questions:
1. Does "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" mod protects you from regular bleeding?
2. Does "Bleeding cannot be inflicted on you" mod protects you from corrupted blood?
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
Question: how much in AoE units is base Shock Nova's ring inner radius. PoB tells that outer radius is 26.

Some background:
Cast on crit with Cyclone/Shock nova setup. Want to know how much AoE cyclone needs, to hit enemy with Shock nova's Ring component (presuming Shock nova AoE does not change).

Here is all info I see in PoB . Shock nova base radius is 26. 6 Stage cyclone radius is 17. (PoB numbers).Respectively - just outer Shock Nova's ring radius.

This is not enough, because ring have width. If cyclone radius will be too small, it is possible that ring would not hit monster (when monster is positioned between ring's inner circumference and cyclone circumference).

So I see this build's challenge is to build cyclone radius around Shock nova's ring width middle.

PS I understand that monsters with large models (like most bosses I think) will be hit more likely.

Cyclone may be also bigger that shock nova ring radius. But this is not my case.
"

oh and sure the typical nerds will appear to say their stupid things, the truth is worth a thousand cucumbers, I just make my claim

I agree with you but unfortunately it is rant and might not be appropriate for this thread that already has 690 pages.

My advice would be to just go over to the Community section and look for boss carries, not to buy their services, but to steal their builds.

You play in standard so should have all the time and currency to replicate one. I believe the trend these days are builds like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo4Cp0hPi5Q

It is a bit sad that I'll probably have to buy my challenge completions as well but I doubt they designed all content that can be accomplished with just about any build. These multi-boss challenges along with 100% delirious are considered top tier stuff and it's only normal that it is gated behind the most optimized builds which you might not enjoy the playstyle.
Greetings!

I'm experimenting with an enduring cry build, and am getting some mixed results with the cluster passive "Warning Call". Specifically, do multiple instances of this passive stack? If I link 2x of this passive, PoB is showing each instance of Warning Call contributing 100% more armor at 20 power, but in game (looking at my character stats) it seems like the TOTAL amount of armor attainable through any number of warning calls is 100% .

Essentially, in-game character stats indicate warning call does not stack, but my experience with similar passives, as well as PoB, is indicating otherwise. Any idea which is the correct behavior?
How does Deadeye's Rupturing work.

Will rupture only be applied if the bleed is applied?

An example scenario:
A powerful bleed is applied with a non-crit (snipe puncture).
A weaker hitting bleed will not apply the bleed (without Crimson Dance), but if that hit was a crit, will it apply a stack of Rupture?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info