Mechanical Questions Thread

"
ArcanicFlame wrote:
(1)Clarification on Ruthless Support Gem's Effect Description Vs. it's Effect Tooltip/Affected Gem's Tooltip;
Is the "USE" condition stated in Description and not re-stated in Tooltip enforced elsewhere?
If so where? on the Skill Gem? in the backend? on the client side or server side? When can we expect to see a VFX/indicator for hit(s) modified by Ruthless Blows and/or MTX added/altered VFX for immediate verification from practical application experiences.

(1)Basically a published clarification on the interaction or lack thereof, and acknowledgement there is a lack of clarity within game where Ruthless Support is concerned in the following 6-link setup or otherwise:

(2)As an addendum to that, note the Rage Support Gem, i have for your convenience provided a suggestion in the relevant "Support Gem Feedback Thread" and a link from here to there (boy it's like a ghost town in there), on the Divergent type alternate quality as it pertains to this 6-link combo.

(2)Since the "USE" condition from said Quality is expressly stated in tooltip and officially excludes interaction with Triggered Attacks, an entirely unacceptable mechanical restriction and limitation, for those reasons i felt the need to bring it up.

(3)Offhandedly wondered if developing triggered attacks for dodge/evade was a feasible or interesting opportunity the other day but i happened to look at that compendium just now and the latest answer post happened to seem to indicate that could be interesting, but not realistically feasible due to other decisions made, so R.I.P. But then again, THAT WAS 2016?????

Ruthless should modify the tooltip of the supported skill to indicate that it deals more damage on every third attack or something like that. I'm using this gem on my current build. If your Riposte tooltip isn't mentioning it then it could mean that it doesn't work for Riposte. Might help to see those swirling animations on the heads of the monsters but it could just be your skill dealing enough damage to stun them anyway.
A mechanical question,

I will go through to trouble trying something if I can get the confirmation that it works.

With the new tools for zombies being corpses and exploding with minion instability;

If I can manage to bring a zombie to low life and at exactly that moment if I can "somehow" use detonate dead on it, but I am talking about absolutely same time, would it double dip and do the damage of both explosions? or one of them would override the other?
Hi everyone, I have a basic question about curses.

If I have a curse with vulnerability on hit, with 20% increased effect ring, does that increase apply to level 1 gem version of the curse? so enemies would take 30% * 1.2 = 36% increased physical damage?
Why does crit roll per action rather than per target/hit? Is there any reason it's handled differently from (AFAIK) most other on-hit effects?
Last edited by Seikah on Nov 22, 2020, 8:10:16 PM
"
iliadrm wrote:
Hi everyone, I have a basic question about curses.

If I have a curse with vulnerability on hit, with 20% increased effect ring, does that increase apply to level 1 gem version of the curse? so enemies would take 30% * 1.2 = 36% increased physical damage?

They are Level 1 versions unless mentioned, similar with Arcane Surge in Hierophant ascendancy. Yes, that is also how we calculate the final increased phys damage.
"
Seikah wrote:
Why does crit roll per action rather than per target/hit? Is there any reason it's handled differently from (AFAIK) most other on-hit effects?

This is why only cyclone and assassin class can pull off CoC builds. Barrage CoC feels bad unless you are crit-capped, as in you can go long stretches without casting anything, which gets you mobbed and killed.

This question belongs to Feedback and Suggestion Section.
"
jeerinho wrote:
"
Seikah wrote:

This is why only cyclone and assassin class can pull off CoC builds. Barrage CoC feels bad unless you are crit-capped, as in you can go long stretches without casting anything, which gets you mobbed and killed.

This question belongs to Feedback and Suggestion Section.

Thank you for the reply, but I think you're reading too much into my question. I've never played cast-on-crit, and I'm not providing feedback or a suggestion; it's a plain question about game mechanics. Namely, is there currently, or was there historically, a mechanical reason the crit roll occurs per action?

Is it just a design decision? Does it have something to do with how targets get an evasion check against crits? Is it significantly less calculation for the server? Am I mistaken about crit being an exception to the rule, and it's actually standard for procs (e.g. chance to bleed, chance to deal double damage) to roll per action?
Last edited by Seikah on Nov 23, 2020, 9:06:47 AM
"
Seikah wrote:

Thank you for the reply, but I think you're reading too much into my question. I've never played cast-on-crit, and I'm not providing feedback or a suggestion; it's a plain question about game mechanics. Namely, is there currently, or was there historically, a mechanical reason the crit roll occurs per action?

Is it just a design decision? Does it have something to do with how targets get an evasion check against crits? Is it significantly less calculation for the server? Am I mistaken about crit being an exception to the rule, and it's actually standard for procs (e.g. chance to bleed, chance to deal double damage) to roll per action?

It is not standard, whereby Crit and charge generation are the ones being different. Frenzy and Power Charge on Crit giving just one charge per skill use. However, some items like Voll's Protector can give multiple power charges per skill use. The wording on this chestpiece says it is different than PCoC.
Do Thief's Trinkets affect Grand Heists as well? They say "Heists" which is a bit unintuitive. Like there are Grand Heists(using blueprints) and (simple) Heists (using contracts)
When using cinderswallow alongside the Fulcrum unique staff, reflected ignites appear green on your character model. Is this simple a cosmetic effect or do we also suffer the 10% increased damage the flask causes?

If we do, does spec-ing chieftain “Unaffected by ignite” prevent this?
Last edited by Nervyr on Dec 4, 2020, 6:41:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info