Mechanical Questions Thread

Question how many Engineer's orbs does it take to get 20% max quality on a common strong box? I'm aiming for the challenge achievement so I'm wondering how many orbs I'll need to accomplish this on a white strongbox.

Aukuna's Will + Raise Zombie + Raise Spectre
Currently not working

Unable to pass zombies as Spectre

I made a server comparison, the international server is working properly, but the Taiwan server is not working.

Please correct as soon as possible, which hinders my BD construction, thank you very much
Flicker Strike + Close Combat Support

Flicker Strike says: "Teleports to a nearby monster and attacks with a melee weapon."

Does this mean that Close Combat Support % more damage is evaluated when the skill is initiated (e.g. at the point of starting the teleport) or when the attack is initiated (e.g. at the end of the teleport)?

Also - sorry if this has been clarified before, my searching of google or the forums aren't turning up anything.
I have a question about the "Shock nearby enemies for 4 seconds when you focus" mod. I want to use it on my Contagion - Essence Drain build, will it work in giving nearby enemies 20% added damage taken from Chaos over time effects, and will it stack with other things that give additional chaos over time damage taken?

And as a side question on focus, if I have other focus things from my body armour, I only need to hit focus once to get all the benefits from all items with focus mods, right?
Last edited by tecito9000 on Jul 15, 2019, 10:23:07 PM
"
tecito9000 wrote:
I have a question about the "Shock nearby enemies for 4 seconds when you focus" mod. I want to use it on my Contagion - Essence Drain build, will it work in giving nearby enemies 20% added damage taken from Chaos over time effects, and will it stack with other things that give additional chaos over time damage taken?

Yes.

(Although in POE we generally use "added" to refer to flat bonuses like adds x-y damage, "increased" to refer to multipliers that stack additively, and "more" to refer to multipliers that stack multiplicatively).

In general, in POE, like many traditional RPGs, direct numerical effects can stack indefinitely or up to their applicable cap (no cap in this case), with the main thing that doesn't stack being named effects (buffs/debuffs/other) such as Onslaught. You can have Onslaught or not have Onslaught; having Onslaught twice doesn't do anything, but the 20% increased attack speed and 20% increased cast speed from Onslaught will stack with other sources of increased attack speed and increased cast speed.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
That's awesome, so I get 20% more damage on focus with just this mod? Why isn't everyone who isn't lightning-damage based using it?
Last edited by tecito9000 on Jul 17, 2019, 6:47:45 AM
"
tecito9000 wrote:
That's awesome, so I get 20% more damage on focus with just this mod? Why isn't everyone who isn't lightning-damage based using it?

It isn't 20% more damage. It could be no bonus at all. It depends how much damage you deal with a single hit. Unless you're an Elementalist or Scion with the minimum shock effect passives.

Edit: Nevermind, I just learned about non-hit shocks. I didn't know that was a thing.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Jul 17, 2019, 5:26:36 PM
"
tecito9000 wrote:
There are other other sources of increased damage taken, depending on damage type and source (War Banner, Vulnerability, Intimidate, Wither etc.); Shock stacks additively with them, so it gives diminishing returns for the same reason "increased damage" has diminishing returns. You also need to hunt down the mod on veiled rings (lots of veiled rings if you want the full 4 seconds; the 1st-level mod only lasts for 2 seconds with a 12 second cooldown), and the Focus skill takes up a key binding, which many builds don't have to spare. But if you don't have many other sources of increased damage taken, the shock mod can indeed be quite powerful.
Hiya, Exiles.
I have some questions.

Question 1.
I wonder if '+x to melee weapon and unarmed attack range' is applicable to 'Frost Blade'.
And also, I'd like to know list of skill gems to which '+x to melee weapon and unarmed attack range' is applied.

Question 2.
You guys know 'Ball Lightning' skill gem.
Can you tell me about the number of hits per second of this skill? (when focusing a single target)

Question 3.
Are magic, rare and unique enemy the subject of ailment?(ailment a.k.a Ignite, chill, freeze, shock, scorch, brittle, bleed, poison)

Question 4.
and Is there a basic chance(a.k.a the probability) that enemy will get ailment?

I'd like someone to answer one by one. It's really urgent.
Last edited by 06833 on Jul 18, 2019, 10:14:21 PM
"
Hiya, Exiles.
I have some questions.

Question 1.
I wonder if '+x to melee weapon and unarmed attack range' is applicable to 'Frost Blade'.
And also, I'd like to know list of skill gems to which '+x to melee weapon and unarmed attack range' is applied.

Question 2.
You guys know 'Ball Lightning' skill gem.
Can you tell me about the number of hits per second of this skill? (when focusing a single target)

Question 3.
Are magic, rare and unique enemy the subject of ailment?(ailment a.k.a Ignite, chill, freeze, shock, scorch, brittle, bleed, poison)

Question 4.
and Is there a basic chance(a.k.a the probability) that enemy will get ailment?

I'd like someone to answer one by one. It's really urgent.

1) Modifiers to melee and unarmed range do apply to Frost Blades, and to any other Strike skill. I don't believe they apply to AoE skills which aren't Strikes, other than Cyclone which has a special interaction with it.
2) Per the wiki, Ball Lightning hits every 150 ms.
3) Magic, Rare, and Unique enemies aren't inherently immune to Ailments. They do have more Life than Normal enemies, so it's harder to make non-damaging Ailments have a noticeable effect on them. Some Uniques "cannot be fully slowed", so Freezing them just slows them down.
4) All hits cause Chill, and all Critical Strikes cause Ignite, Freeze, and Shock, 100% of the time, provided you deal enough of the appropriate damage type to meet the threshold. Otherwise, the only chance to inflict Ailments is what you have on your skills, passives, and gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info