Mechanical Questions Thread

Ball lightning
Spell Echo Support's second cast does not share the 150 ms cooldown with the first one. Cool
Is it safe to assume that the Ball Lightning fires an additional Projectile Enchant also does not share the cooldown.
What about unleash and dying sun?
Thank you for your reply.
I have a question regarding the doubles created by vaal double strike,

do they have their own impale counter or do they share one with the player?
Hi, I have a question regarding Unique drops or how Uniques are generated.

If the game decides to drop a Unique on a Basetype with multiple Uniques which are in different raritytiers (for example 2 T3 and 1 T1 Unique) is the chance to get the T1 Unique the same as if there only was the T1 Unique on the Basetype (as in that case the game would not drop a Unique if it didnt roll T1)?

To clarify I´m asking if the game rolls the rarity Tier of the Item before taking other things like ilvl-droprestriction into account.
For example the Checklist for itemdrops:

-Rarity
-Basetype
-If Unique Tier
-If multiple Uniques on the same Tier one of them

I´ll also put it into another Form: does an ilvl 40-43 unique Belt have a better chance to roll Headhunter in the T3 Sacrifice Room in the Temple of Atzoatl than a higher ilvl Belt?

Thanks in Advance.
Heater
Hello, I was just experimenting today with using Mirror Arrow/Blink Arrow linked with Trap Support + Cluster Traps.
I know that this functionality used to work as expected a few leagues ago, and it made for a fun build.

But now, both Blink Arrow and Mirror Arrow will only allow you to throw 1 (one) trap at a time. Multiple Traps and Cluster Traps now have no effect when linked to Blink Arrow or Mirror Arrow, and you only throw one trap at a time.

I quickly tested this trap setup today in Softcore Legion with multiple other attack skills and spells, and they all throw three traps at a time when linked with Cluster Traps. (Spark, Arc, Ice Shot, Caustic Arrow, etc.) But as soon as you put Blink Arrow or Mirror Arrow back in, you can only throw one trap at a time, which effectively breaks the Blink/Mirror Trapper build. Oddly enough, the tooltip descriptions still say "Throws up to three traps which use this skill" when linked with Blink Arrow or Mirror Arrow, but in actual gameplay, you can only throw one trap at a time with these skills.

Was this “Blink/Mirror Arrow + Trap Support + Multiple Traps/Cluster Traps” functionality removed from the game at some point and the tooltip description just wasn't updated? Or should this functionality still work, and maybe it is broken or bugged right now? Thank you!
"
Greyhawk31 wrote:
Hello, I was just experimenting today with using Mirror Arrow/Blink Arrow linked with Trap Support + Cluster Traps.
I know that this functionality used to work as expected a few leagues ago, and it made for a fun build.

But now, both Blink Arrow and Mirror Arrow will only allow you to throw 1 (one) trap at a time. Multiple Traps and Cluster Traps now have no effect when linked to Blink Arrow or Mirror Arrow, and you only throw one trap at a time.

I quickly tested this trap setup today in Softcore Legion with multiple other attack skills and spells, and they all throw three traps at a time when linked with Cluster Traps. (Spark, Arc, Ice Shot, Caustic Arrow, etc.) But as soon as you put Blink Arrow or Mirror Arrow back in, you can only throw one trap at a time, which effectively breaks the Blink/Mirror Trapper build. Oddly enough, the tooltip descriptions still say "Throws up to three traps which use this skill" when linked with Blink Arrow or Mirror Arrow, but in actual gameplay, you can only throw one trap at a time with these skills.

Was this “Blink/Mirror Arrow + Trap Support + Multiple Traps/Cluster Traps” functionality removed from the game at some point and the tooltip description just wasn't updated? Or should this functionality still work, and maybe it is broken or bugged right now? Thank you!
As of 3.3.0, throwing multiple traps with cooldowns requires and consumes as many skill uses as you throw traps. Blink and Mirror Arrow store one use each, so you can never throw more than one Blink or Mirror Arrow trap at a time.
Hello,

I'm currently doing a bleed build and need some help understanding how it scales. Does it scale off the base damage of the weapon and added flat physical damage only or does it scale with %increase to weapon / projectile damage as well? Is puncture affected the same way or does the "debuff" have different scaling?
Last edited by Kylemtrix on Jul 11, 2019, 2:39:47 AM
I am wondering the interaction between BV and intensify. If I cast BV multiple times, will I get both area effect buff and damage buff?

When I cast the first time, 0 stack of intensify, I will gain 54% area effect and 0% more damage

When I cast the second time, 1 stack of intensify, I will gain less area effect and 16% more damage.

After I have cast the third time, 2 stacks of intensify, I will have even less area effect but 32% more damage.

My question is, while my first blade is still remaining (the one casted with 0 stack of intensify), will the area effect from first blade still remain, and dealing damage with the third blade (less area effect, 32% more damage)?

I have checked on poe wiki, reddit and google it and still have no answer for it. I am sorry to bother you but I really want to know if these mechanics work. Also I have a similar question between BV and pledge of hands (greater spell echo), and also unleash support.
2 questions:

ive noticed tawhoa, Forest's strength does not work with scorching ray is this intentional? and if so why?

why is it so hard to make elder spawn in red maps for every ma i take in red another gets taken by shaper its rather annoying
Hi all!

how does Shock work when you get shocked by a Monster? The same way as we are shocking a Monster:

"The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and the damage increase scales relative to the amount of Lightning damage dealt to the enemy's maximum life. Increased damage from shock is capped at 50% at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Lightning damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. "

As we don't have so much life compared to the Shaper we always get 50%? Or is that calculated differently?

If I have a lot of "Physical Damage from Hits taken as ligthning damage" am i at risk of getting Shocked often?
"
Kylemtrix wrote:
Hello,

I'm currently doing a bleed build and need some help understanding how it scales. Does it scale off the base damage of the weapon and added flat physical damage only or does it scale with %increase to weapon / projectile damage as well? Is puncture affected the same way or does the "debuff" have different scaling?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ailment#Damage_with_ailments
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bleed#Damage_modifiers

It's complicated, but the short answer is that Bleed scales from the base damage of your weapon, which includes your weapon's local percent Increased Physical Damage, as well as flat added physical damage from anywhere. Modifiers to Attack Damage (including Melee damage), Projectile damage, Damage with Weapons, and Damage with <your weapon type> don't scale Bleed. Puncture's Bleed is identical except that its duration is scaled with Skill Effect Duration (either from support gems or global); other Bleeds are not.
"
fung132128 wrote:
I am wondering the interaction between BV and intensify. If I cast BV multiple times, will I get both area effect buff and damage buff?

When I cast the first time, 0 stack of intensify, I will gain 54% area effect and 0% more damage

When I cast the second time, 1 stack of intensify, I will gain less area effect and 16% more damage.

After I have cast the third time, 2 stacks of intensify, I will have even less area effect but 32% more damage.

My question is, while my first blade is still remaining (the one casted with 0 stack of intensify), will the area effect from first blade still remain, and dealing damage with the third blade (less area effect, 32% more damage)?

I have checked on poe wiki, reddit and google it and still have no answer for it. I am sorry to bother you but I really want to know if these mechanics work. Also I have a similar question between BV and pledge of hands (greater spell echo), and also unleash support.
Blade Vortex is a little unusual in that you don't deal damage directly by using it; instead you get a buff that repeatedly deals damage around you. Since no individual use of the skill has AoE or Damage, I don't believe the variable effects of Intensify or Greater Spell Echo apply to it, although the consistent effects of e.g. Increased Area of Effect or Concentrated Effect Support should. I'm not 100% sure if this is correct though.
"
lichsdeath wrote:
ive noticed tawhoa, Forest's strength does not work with scorching ray is this intentional? and if so why?
Are you sure it isn't working at all? Tawhoa has a 35% change to grant a charge when you use a Fire skill. You use a channeling skill when you start channeling. Continuing to channel doesn't count as another skill use and won't grant more Endurance charges; you'd have to stop casting Scorching Ray and start again to have another chance. Tawhoa isn't a great choice for channeling builds for this reason; maybe consider taking Ramako and Hinekora instead.
"
Slowdice2 wrote:
Hi all!

how does Shock work when you get shocked by a Monster? The same way as we are shocking a Monster:

"The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and the damage increase scales relative to the amount of Lightning damage dealt to the enemy's maximum life. Increased damage from shock is capped at 50% at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Lightning damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. "

As we don't have so much life compared to the Shaper we always get 50%? Or is that calculated differently?

If I have a lot of "Physical Damage from Hits taken as ligthning damage" am i at risk of getting Shocked often?
Yes, Shock is very dangerous to players for the reason you described, and yes, ailments are a significant hazard of taking physical damage as elemental.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info