Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Bull_Tamama wrote:
My main concern is: Does Puncture with a bow count as Melee Hits and does Melee Damage that is applicable with this Ruthless support?

Bows are not Melee, under any circumstance. Ruthless does not work with Bows.
"
lichdeath wrote:
if i have malachais loop and and tulfall which will apply or will both apply?
does a spell totem profit off tulfall meaning if i grant it power and frenzy charges through conduit will it gain that bonus damage from the wand?

1. Both should trigger, to my understanding.
2. Totems do not benefit from their own Charges - they use Skills as if you were using them, so your character needs to have said Charges for the Totem to benefit.
"
fanity wrote:
when wear three-dragon
ignite by vortex's hit will get benefit from spell damage modifier right ?

No. Vortex's DoT modifier now explicitly only applies to Vortex's own Damage over Time, not anything else.
"
wftico wrote:
1.) Flask changes. Since Patch XY Flasks only gain charges through crits with a cd with 200ms. Does this mean for example: If I have a surgeons flask (old one, 1 charge for 1 crit) and also have the pathfinder talent (1 charge for 1 crit) that I only get 1 charge when both of those abilities trigger (at the same time).

2.) How has DPS changed in 3.0? Currently I'm using an old Pathfinder BV build and it seems my dps is super low compared to other builds, that 'advertise' with dps in the 1-2 millions. But my tooltip BV dps is just about ~20k to 40k buffed. Am I missing something?

3.) Were there changes to critical strike chance? It seems my crit chance is super low compared to the crit chance I had in previous patches.

1. You'd get just the one flask charge, yes.
2. People haven't looked at tooltip DPS for, what, a year now? It's all just math based on some hypothetical perfect storm, it's all bullshit.
3. Power Charges grant 40% Increased Crit Chance instead of 50%. Assassin's Power Charge bonus was changed. That's mostly it that I can think of.
Can anyone tells me, how much passive points is a maximum for now?
"
Voron311xci wrote:
Can anyone tells me, how much passive points is a maximum for now?

123 you can see it if you open the passive tree
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Death's Oath: The chaos damage-over-time aura is now a skill that activates on equipping Death's Oath, and is modified by socketed support gems as well as modifiers that affect auras, area of effect, damage over time and chaos damage.

Does this mean that aura effectiveness works with it, so that I can support it with generosity?
Do area damage nodes increase the damage of the skill?
Will Rapid decay Swift affliction work? I don't think it will because of the duration tag, but still. If that's the case, what about efficacy?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
if i use ancient orb on 2x2 unique shield, can it turn into 2x3 unique shield?
I was wondering, from a summoner point of view, how do the "spark" projectiles from sandworn slaves scale. IE which gems affect them.

I know for a fact that for solaris champions, multistrike does, and gmp doesn't, but I would like to get some more in-depth information about these 2 "spark" skills.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Hello, I have one question about the belt "The Retch"

I have "Endless Hunger" and i dont instant leech

Does vulnerability curse increase the damage received from the belt?
Does the elemental penetration of The Tempestuous Steel works with Infernal blow explosion?
Thanxs
"
Luiggech wrote:
Does the elemental penetration of The Tempestuous Steel works with Infernal blow explosion?

Nop. The explosion is not "damage with Weapons".
Is it possible to use an Orb of Annulment with "prefixes cannot be changed"? Will it still be able to remove a prefix?
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info