Mechanical Questions Thread

Double post
Last edited by Tinklepee on Aug 10, 2017, 9:36:45 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Tinklepee wrote:
I've been playing around with the Choir of the Storm Amulet (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Choir_of_the_Storm).
How does the crit chance on this thing work?

You gain Crit Chance based on your effective Lightning Resistance. If you have 75% Resists after the Resist cap, it grants +75% Increased Crit Chance.

"
Tinklepee wrote:
I've stacked a bunch of light res in PoB and normal crit chance gear still outshines it.

If it doesn't work in Path of Building, this is not the thread to report that :P

I just bought one in game and it still seems weird.

Below 0 lightning resistance my crit chance is effected negatively. Going from 0-75 increases the crit chance. Once I hit around 120 lightning resistance the crit gains become super small until it stops going up at all.

I'm having trouble finding many topics on this amulet.

Quetion:

Punture w/ bow + ruthless support

Does it work?

The Ruthless Support works for melee attack skill only and Puncture does have a melee tag. I have tried this combination and I did see the ruthless modifier on my Punture skill. On my third hit with this skill, the monster hit are indeed stunned. But then Frenzy(skill gem) which also have a melee tag, just doesn't work with melee support gem like Melee Physical Damage Support or Fortify support. I would like to be sure that the damage modifiers of Ruthless like below applies to the Puncture skill:

"Ruthless Blows with Supported Skills deal (75-113)% more Melee Damage"
"Ruthless Blows with Supported Skills deal (75-113)% more Damage with Bleeding caused by Melee Hits"

My main concern is: Does Puncture with a bow count as Melee Hits and does Melee Damage that is applicable with this Ruthless support?

Thank you.

How important is reducing reflected elemental damage? I have a choice whether to be a marauder (chieftan) or a scion for a pure fire melee build I'm doing. My planned tree goes to both of their starting points. The Chieftan has overall better ascendancy nodes. But with the scion, I can gain access to the witch's ascendant node which gives 50% reduced reflected elemental damage.

I've heard that reflected damage can be a nightmare, but how often does it occur? Would the ascendant witch node be an absolute game changer? If not, then I'll just stick with Marauder instead of Scion.
Hello, please tell me I do not understand why the remainder of mana does not change if I start using (Conqueror's Efficiency) I'm turning on Arctic Armour And two curses in conjunction with blasphemy.
Thank you.
Last edited by montblanc566 on Mar 1, 2019, 12:11:06 PM
2 questions

if i have malachais loop and and tulfall which will apply or will both apply?

does a spell totem profit off tulfall meaning if i grant it power and frenzy charges through conduit will it gain that bonus damage from the wand?
Charged dash seem to not scale much with level (always between 99.5 et 99.7% of attack damage)
does it have some kind of hidden scaling statistics?
quick question

when wear three-dragon
ignite by vortex's hit will get benefit from spell damage modifier right ?
Hello,

since I'm the type of PoE player that plays the game for a while and then stops playing it for some time, I always have to deal with changes made in that time. I'd highly appreciate if someone could give me some answers to my questions! :)

1.) Flask changes. Since Patch XY Flasks only gain charges through crits with a cd with 200ms. Does this mean for example: If I have a surgeons flask (old one, 1 charge for 1 crit) and also have the pathfinder talent (1 charge for 1 crit) that I only get 1 charge when both of those abilities trigger (at the same time).

2.) How has DPS changed in 3.0? Currently I'm using an old Pathfinder BV build and it seems my dps is super low compared to other builds, that 'advertise' with dps in the 1-2 millions. But my tooltip BV dps is just about ~20k to 40k buffed. Am I missing something?

3.) Were there changes to critical strike chance? It seems my crit chance is super low compared to the crit chance I had in previous patches.

(The last time I played was the patch of the shaper release)

Thanks a lot for any help. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info