[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Hrm, if Soultaker becomes more difficult to obtain, I surmise that Elreon jewelry will be in higher demand. At least in the short term.
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@sprite92
Yeah 2.3 will be insane for this build. Gladiator got buffed so much, especially Outmatch and Outlast.

I think for 2.3, we will probably still use jack the axe, but I will tweak the build to get Painforged, Versatile combatant, Outmatch and Outlast, Gratuitous Violence.

This way, we can get max block with Rumi's + Anvil. Also the new Outmatch and Outlast gives us 10% more damage and 10% increased physical damage reduction which is absolutely insane.

So in 2.3, this build will become super strong and nearly invincible.

Do you think we should grab those block nodes towards the right side of the tree (towards ranger)? Or pretty much the same tree but just throw in anvil and block jewels?
Last edited by Anbokr on Jun 3, 2016, 4:05:24 PM
ok, about Lacerate...

it makes a fucking range char of your melee char^^

with a increased aoe (Support!!) gem, i can hit the whole Screen with my attacks^^
"
Aphaiton wrote:
ok, about Lacerate...

it makes a fucking range char of your melee char^^

with a increased aoe (Support!!) gem, i can hit the whole Screen with my attacks^^

I'm torn. On the one hand, I like the range on the ability, and I certainly like the animation better than Cleave (yeah, I'm vain like that).

But on the other hand, the reduced attack speed really turns me off. Especially once you quality the gems, Lacerate certainly has an advantage on range, but Cleave is a great deal faster.
Yea lacerate is def viable with this build. Not sure if i'll stick with it, always been a cleave fan but you can kill a half screen away with Lacerate.
Yeah I like lacerate but the attack speed penalty feels really really bad. Good for leveling so far, but don't know about end game.
"
Anbokr wrote:
Yeah I like lacerate but the attack speed penalty feels really really bad. Good for leveling so far, but don't know about end game.

I think it's kind of the opposite. I think it feels really bad while leveling next to Cleave because we don't have a lot of IAS to make up for it. Once we get to end-game, I think that 30% reduction will feel a lot less impactful due to increasing our natural attack speed, multistrike, etc.
@Anbokr

Hmm.. if soul taker is too expensive, probably just use a rare axe for now, or 2x Jack the Axe. Try to save up for a soul taker if you can.

Also, I think stick to the same tree, the ranger block nodes are too inefficient.

Anvil is optional if you want to be more defensive. But a rare amulet can give you life, damage and resistances which is really nice. I think maybe stick with a rare amulet unless you are a big fan of block, since we can reach 72/75 block with a max roll Rumi's anyways.

The new ascendancy skills I would take would be Gratuitous Violence, Outmatch and Outlast, Painforged, Versatile combatant in that order.

Thanks for all the feedback on lacerate so far. The 30% less attack speed penalty is quite bad, but the range makes it safer. Tough choice.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Jun 3, 2016, 9:35:03 PM
im trying lacerate atm and it definitly a nice skill. mixte of reave+cleave. the range is pretty damn good from what i see. the less atk speed make it a bit slow but its not that bad. with some ias+BOR+multistrike im sure it wont be a probleme.while lvling it definitly feel faster then cleave.i also feel like this skill will be better for the explosion effect+the bleed. hiting them from far mean the bleed actualy hurt then when they come to you and the explosion effect should be pretty effective also

between for the gem link of lacerate, what you think is the best?same as cleave or might be better to go with faster atk?like remouving add fire for faster atk?

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jun 4, 2016, 4:01:43 AM
you get faster attacks from BoR

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info