[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Hi, first of all: Nice build, it seems really interesting.
I have a few maybe noobish questions:
1) why did you say that EE is bad, now that our totems have fire immunity? I cant see the connection.
2) You took 8% Elemental Damage over Retribution, which provides 15% Spelldmg. Does spelldmg not count towards the spelltotem-RF combo?
"
Felrora wrote:
Hi, first of all: Nice build, it seems really interesting.
I have a few maybe noobish questions:
1) why did you say that EE is bad, now that our totems have fire immunity? I cant see the connection.
2) You took 8% Elemental Damage over Retribution, which provides 15% Spelldmg. Does spelldmg not count towards the spelltotem-RF combo?

1. The node that gives fire immunity is the same one that gives totems a reflect fire damage.

2. Correct
the only way to scale the burn from RF is with fire damage, elemental damage, burning damage and damage over time.
"
CAJOS wrote:
the only way to scale the burn from RF is with fire damage, elemental damage, burning damage and damage over time.

And totem life + totem damage
Guys, don't ask the same questions that have just been answered a few posts back :/

Milky, maybe we could help you make an F.A.Q. and put it on the 1st page? ??

Retaliation Dmg = should count as a hit, that's what the wiki says at least.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
i deleted the faq because nobody reads the guide / faq before asking ;P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 29, 2016, 9:17:30 AM
Sorry if it's been answered, but I couldn't see it. Does the fire immunity not mean that RF wont work on the totem, much like using a dousing flask when you have RF on your character?

I thought the player/totem using RF had to take damage from it to keep it active?
It works like the totem has 100% fire resistance and connot be damaged by rf.

A dousing flask removes the burn/ignite from the character

You can actually regen health while using rf and still deal damage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
EdTheDuck wrote:
Sorry if it's been answered, but I couldn't see it. Does the fire immunity not mean that RF wont work on the totem, much like using a dousing flask when you have RF on your character?

I thought the player/totem using RF had to take damage from it to keep it active?

Fire immunity still means RF works. Basically Chieftain is designed with RF totems in mind.

By the way, after a lot of deliberation I've decided to go with this tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthggFhjJvMWCz38E6V7s4zPF4z2SM9nXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebrj7GrjwtEMzE9oNfg8wrtnKptz6MRvcyrKr-CviT6hhZ8_JF2L12rPjrnz4aOHIPOuE1ks9-u-3z3RRxLdKQVWaeplf-j5HOaGUOPNl8Jy_60ljlTeMsp4IHOtgWbx0UFy_DE3hp7DgkquNqEmmPRmTnWiv2roKbhXs26RccpwiboVXWo_KaO2ZUcXnYJBhq99eApOFzn99WSHgvrJiiAO98PAV85TpY8B8Es1gHVcaD2wQHTLOXldAfUlPv6z1fl_Q=

Explanation:
1. This should be the tree with the most damage + life combination.
2. 5 endurance charges (6 with Merciless Oak) and 186% life.
3. Scaling is done almost exclusively with totem life (grabbed all nodes on tree for 71% increased totem life), sacrificing a lot of the fire nodes for this
4. 4 Jewel slots at level 87, for 48% increased totem life (bringing total totem life to 139% increased totem life). This means my totems will have 12,696 life at level 20 and 13,989 at level 21.
5. Since increased totem life is essentially a MORE multiplier on RF damage, this passive tree's damage should be close to on par in damage with builds that go for a lot of fire / burning damage on the tree, with noticeably more life.
6. This build can take THREE more Jewel slots at 90, 93 and 96 respectively.

Would be great to hear you guys' thoughts on this.
"
Milkyslice wrote:
It works like the totem has 100% fire resistance and connot be damaged by rf.

A dousing flask removes the burn/ignite from the character

You can actually regen health while using rf and still deal damage

Ah, thanks for the info. I was really worried the build I had planned would just have a totem trying to spam RF and it being turned off repeatedly.

*wipes brow*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info