[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

I think you might be misunderstanding my suggestion, by putting scorching ray on the chest, it gets placed as a totem.
"
EntropyMu wrote:
I think you might be misunderstanding my suggestion, by putting scorching ray on the chest, it gets placed as a totem.

ah yes i did. Might work well in a 5l + free socket like i have, will test it on a guardian while farming fragments.

even as a 6th link it may work, but wouldnt like to replace the 5th socket ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 9, 2017, 10:45:02 AM
Hi!! Ok - so i got luck with some drops that sold for EX. I want to be more tanky but still do decent damage. I am not the best player so I need something to help cover mistakes. I am going the belly of the beast route with no self flag etc. I just started putting together the gear - so the gems arent done right etc. But what do you think? Any major issues with the gear or the tree? I am 10-15% over CAP on resists except chaos.

Profile is public:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lve2raft/characters

On the belly - SO HARD TO COLOR! Any suggestions? What gems to use with the colors i already have? I dont want to ruin the five link i have since thats a highly rolled belly.

Can i do max level CWDT with Tempest Shield, Molten shell? How would that work since i have a Dory.

Also - why do you use Lightning warp instead of shield charge or something? Do you actually spam that to move around or just when you need to move around traps?

Last edited by lve2raft on Mar 9, 2017, 2:15:38 PM
I'm not sure that one Self-Flagellation is worth running over none. In a prolonged fight you have to spam totems every ~10 seconds to keep the damage bonus up, and as soon as you hit Enfeeble's 6% less damage you've offset most of the difference between a single Self-Flagellation and a totem life jewel. It might be better to play as normal and try to keep curses on yourself at a minimum.
"
On the belly - SO HARD TO COLOR! Any suggestions? What gems to use with the colors i already have? I dont want to ruin the five link i have since thats a highly rolled belly

yeah thats why i wrote it in the guide. The colors/gems are perfect for a 5 link.

"
Can i do max level CWDT with Tempest Shield, Molten shell? How would that work since i have a Dory.

yes you can. molten shell debuffs ee on explosion but thats not so bad as it seems. oos overwrites that instantly and for white/blue mobs the +25% resi never matter.
Tempest shield is used by myself too, grants some passive ee proccs and block which is nice for mapping.

Otherwise arctic breath/vortex is good in cwdt as well. There are many options, just toy around, luckily doryanis is not hard to chrome for the useful skills.

"
Also - why do you use Lightning warp instead of shield charge or something? Do you actually spam that to move around or just when you need to move around traps?

Shield charge/Leap slam are so slow without any attackspeed on the tree/jewels. The berserker at least has a good chunk in the class, but chieftain nothing.

Lightning Warp is fast without any investment and covers a bigger distance (which can be sometimes bad when warping right into a pack :P).

I use quicksilver + silver flask most of the time since its safer for me to see mobs at the horizon and not inbetween of a split second.

LW is mainly used by me to jump over cliffes, Labyrinth traps, dodge boss attacks and when the flasks are down/saved.

The downside is ofc no Fortify buff... on paper at least. In reality we dont shieldcharge a boss to keep fortify up. Never saw a totem char charging in Minotaurs face.
In the optimal case, if a totemplayer is not as ballsy as me, you see a pack of enemys, place the totens between you and them or right into the pack and run to the next pack or wait if they are dangerous.
You dont shield charge in the pack, place 2-3 totems and get hit all the time.

I think fortify is a bit overrated with this playstyle, but it can help sometimes.

"
Any major issues with the gear or the tree?

congrats, you got the luxury Tukohama :)

The rest of the gear is pretty solid, can potentially do most of the content.

Well i dont see most gems, like a Orb of storms setup (which is really important against bosses, essence/talisman monster, breachlords and so on)

Ultimately you want 169 all elemental resistances (in hideout) which is the cap for the elemental weakness curse (mapmod).
I personally aim for around -10 to +10 chaos resists lategame, but thats the last priority. If i know there is big chaos dmg (mapboss for excample) i just use a amethyst flask lile in my uber atziri videos.

Flasks are your weakspot. 4 Lifeflasks are overkill.
For me 1 is enough, many like two lifeflasks.
Flasks are one of the most important things for any char.

- Get higher flasks, yours are outdated.
- 1 Eternal flask with faster recovery speed and 1 Divine Flask with instant refill.
- get a granite flask and a basalt flask, one with bleed removal, one with shock removal or % armour
- craft %movementspeed on a quicksilver flask
- Use white flasks, 20% them with glassblowers and then craft em.

This will greatly increase your survivability and speed.

Gearwise everthings fine for this state. There is upgrade potential but its up to you how much you wanna/can invest in a character.

Some potential i see:

- Rare Gloves for Southbound. They are good for life no doubt, but once you got all the lifenodes and maybe even jewels with life + the belly you get to a point where flat life is almost as good as the %life.
Rares with life + cold + chaos + random resist can be a good upgrade.

- Hrimnors can have higher rolls (dmg and life) for a low cost. Not a big upgrade, but for 1-2 chaos you can squeeze something out of there.

- the rest of the rares is good as it is since upgrades (like life + triple resists with high rolls) can be quite expensive

"
RabidRabbit wrote:
I'm not sure that one Self-Flagellation is worth running over none. In a prolonged fight you have to spam totems every ~10 seconds to keep the damage bonus up, and as soon as you hit Enfeeble's 6% less damage you've offset most of the difference between a single Self-Flagellation and a totem life jewel. It might be better to play as normal and try to keep curses on yourself at a minimum.

I think about that a lot, too.
Its a tough call.

Mantle is great for the totemlife and gem/totem to kill the tough stuff (uber, shaper, guardians) comfortable.
In those fights warding flasks can run out pretty quick, so dropping kikazarus for offensive rings can be dangerous/deadly as well.

Self-Flag is mostly in there to counter enfeeble at this state. If it doesnt hit enfeeble in the first 3-4 curses its a good dmg boost already.

Its a tough call which one is better. My feels say self-flag since both ways (rare jewel/flag) get hit by enfeeble anyway. Self-flag has a better potential to overcome/negate the dmg loss than a rare one after a few curses are up.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 9, 2017, 5:16:14 PM

"

Gearwise everthings fine for this state. There is upgrade potential but its up to you how much you wanna/can invest in a character.

Some potential i see:

- Rare Gloves for Southbound. They are good for life no doubt, but once you got all the lifenodes and maybe even jewels with life + the belly you get to a point where flat life is almost as good as the %life.
Rares with life + cold + chaos + random resist can be a good upgrade.

- Hrimnors can have higher rolls (dmg and life) for a low cost. Not a big upgrade, but for 1-2 chaos you can squeeze something out of there.

- the rest of the rares is good as it is since upgrades (like life + triple resists with high rolls) can be quite expensive

Thanks! Will upgrade flasks and put gems in and buy totemlife gems etc. Do you think my DPS is going to be much much lower than the one with Mantle? I want to be able to do Shaper, Uber etc...
just like to take this opportunity to thank milky for this build + effort to do up all the guides + helping noobs like myself here...

kudos to u bro.
Hi guys.
I try to go follow this build and I like it a lot. Its very fun, easy and cheap.
I'm total noob and probably my gear is total rubbish, however I don't have any problems so far
with progress. I have level 66 and currently I'm in the middle of 2nd act merciless.
So far so good and I only die if I attack huge pack of mobs and make some key pressing mistakes.

I have a question. If I want to exchange SPELL TOTEM SUPPORT for other support gem,
my RIGHTEOUS SKILL just killing me. I have Ancestral bond which suppose to work that I can't
do damage to myself, so don't understand why I damage my self.

even though self-flag has been fixed, it's still worth to use right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info