[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

See, I hadn't even taken bosses without adds like Daresso et al. into account while looking this up.

To say nothing of the fact that you lose out on Tawhoa as you said, and that node does a lot for us. My proposed setup is obviously much more offensive-minded.

I guess I'll go with Tawhoa and Ngahamu for the last four notables to get a better balance between offense and defense.
"
tomay wrote:
"
Thanks forgot about the Ancestral bond. Sorry about that.

As I said in my previous post, if you're looking for a one-skill solution that does both Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium, try Spell Totem + Spark (+ ICS). EO and EE are only necessary to fight the toughest bosses in the game really, so just throw in the occasional Spark Totem every few seconds and you will have permanent EE + EO. Of course, this requires up to four sockets, depending on whether you need BM or not, OTH you will not need sockets for OoS and a Trap.

Spell Totem + Spark requires 40 Mana, 45 Mana if you add ICS for good measure, 50 Mana if you want to use a 4L setup to pimp it with Culling Strike.

Of course, a variety of other cold and lightning spells will work as well for our purposes, I just picked Spark for the high inherent crit chance (6%) and because I had a a gem with plenty quality (faster projectile speed = greater range)

I'll try this one. Thanks mate! I can handle without BM, I have atleast 70 mana I think. Can cast SB without BM. Thanks again!
"
I am tempted to not only go with the Doedre Helm, but also to have it coloured 4blue, switching temporal chains with elemental weakness.

Indeed, to the Guardian boss fights you really want to bring everything you have in the damage department. But rather than dumping Temporal Chains, I use Windscream and a lower level Enfeeble with some quality via CWDT (instead of my regular Vortex gem). Four curses + Windscream means effectively 30% increased damage and TC is just too good. ;)

Another option would be Vulnerability as the fourth curse for even more damage.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 11, 2016, 5:40:18 AM
"
I guess I'll go with Tawhoa and Ngahamu for the last four notables to get a better balance between offense and defense.

I'm inclined to agree with Milky. If you you choose Ramako you will also have to invest two passives in Endurance, get another charge from Oak rather than a passive skill point and use a belt with +1 to max Endurance Charges to get the most out of it. IMO these three passives are better invested in Combat Stamina, with Tawhoa this contributes more to our defenses on balance. And you can use a belt with AoE radius corruption. ;)
Hi. I need help please :)

I'm actually lvl 88 in standard and can do deathless up to t13-14 but slowly and wanna know if i can do something for stay alive runing. I also often die encounter powerfull boss or monster from beyond. 1 hour ago, i found one from a prophecy but didn't found a way to kill it.

Here is my gear :

Spoiler

Jewels :

Spoiler

My Passive Tree

For my next level i was planing to take intuitive leap socket and skittering and take some 5% life but can't lvl up actually ^^'.

I mainly play with TC-Flama-EW because when i die and switch EW with enfeeble, i die as fast ^^'.

About res, i'm actually at : 123% / 107% / 106%/ -48% in merci.

Armor : 3469

Life : 5700 ES: 574 Mana : 68 availlable. just enouth for SB

I don'ty really know what to improve because i have life and totems life on mainly all my jewels, i'm caped and my gear looks like pretty good for me :) (it's my highter char actually after a spark tots lvl 83)

Hope you will found something to say me for improve my survivability. Thanks and have fun playing guys. :D

[TANK] Guilde Fr. Vocal via TS.
DarkNevrdid : Marauder RF Tots lvl 88
NevrdidScion : Scion Spark Tots lvl 83
Last edited by nevrdid on Oct 11, 2016, 10:03:33 PM
There are a few improvements i would make:

- Quality recipe, vendor lvl 20 temp chains + 1 gemcutter prism for 20% tempchains. Quality on tempchains is one of the best things to get. 20% lvl 1 temp chains is already 1% stronger than a lvl 20 tempchains! Quality Fortify gem the same way for some fortify duration

- the coral ring is not good at all, except high life it doesnt do anything. Try to get 157 % all ele resists to ele weakness (mapmod) cap. the actual cap is 169, but you can easily keep 3 endu charges up for 12% resis. While you´re at it, some more chaos resis does help, too. I like to get 0% in merc to feel safe in the long run.

- The iron ring is easy to upgrade, too. 70 resis + 60 life are easy to top. another implicit like two stoned ring + life can already grant 32 res. A quick poe.trade standard search found 1c items which are better than those rings (http://poe.trade/search/ayeitenorinohu) with 60+ life and 100% total resistances.

- use a blessed orb on doryanis catalyst to upgrade the implicit to the new value.

- your flasks suck, honestly :P 20% should be on every flask on high lvl chars (roll white flasks with glassblowers). A Basalt, Granite (or Rumis) and stibnite flask should be in there with freeze and bleed removal. Curse removal or %armour on top. This helps a lot against physical damage.

- While we are at flasks, build a flaskpool which helps any future char too. This means any resist flask on 20% with decent rolls on it, like status removals + duration/red charges used/charge recovery or other stuff. Swap one of those in for maps with high elemental damage bosses.

- Flasks are important! ;)

- specc out of shamanistic fury for skittering runes (curse effect) and lifenodes

- the rest of the gear has at least nice life and resist values, after upgrading the critical items i mentioned (rings) i would check for:
Boots with 30% movementspeed, similar resists and more armour if possible
Gloves with more armour. those have three good stats and three shitty stats (for the build)
Belt with a life implicit or aoe corruption
Shield with higher armour or block. Its not bad, but there is also some room up

- enchant your gear, at least gloves and boots. most enchants help at least a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Also, your Carcass Jack is nice for AoE Radius but that is pretty much it. A decent life/armour/resistances chest (preferably 6L) is much better suited for this build.

And yes, get the Scion Jewel socket ASAP and place a Intuitive Leap jewel in there. This will give you access not only to Skittering Runes but also to the two AoE Radius nodes just above it. With a nice AoE radius corruption belt this will almost make up for the loss of Carcass Jack.

I'd also recommend that you refund Holy Fire and use the three passives to fill the Scion "life ring", or take Combat Stamina. This will greatly improve your survivability, as you can imagine it's only getting harder and 70% increased (burning) damage is not really essential, you can get almost as much increased damage from one essence-crafted Opal Ring (though they are not widely accessible in Standard League yet unless transferred from a HC Essence League rip).

But even with two regular Opal Rings you can make up for some the increased damage loss from refunding Shamanistic Fury and Holy Fire.

And to further improve your defenses, ditch Elemental Weakness for Enfeeble and see how it goes.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 12, 2016, 7:46:11 AM
Small update in the guide

I added gemcolors in the gemsection.

In addition i now recommend a blue socket in a rf totem link setup as a 6th socket.

The damage bonus from inc burning damage or less duration in a 6link is nice to have, but not needed at all in high tier maps for packs. The damage bonus for bosses however is ok.

With a blue socket we are more flexible.
inc rarity gem for regular maps is always a good addition.
Then we have totem resi gem which makes the totems more durable against lightning/cold damage (chieftain) or all resis (berserker). Some totem resists is never wrong to let the totems tank high elemental damage from bosses a bit better.
The third useful gem here is Conc Effect. Not for packs, better take the other two there, but on bosses.
In a 5 link we swap it in for inc aoe on demand, but in a 6l we can use both, which grants better aoe and higher dmg uptime on high mobility bosses.

Your choice what you pick, but i now like blue more ;)

"
Milkyslice wrote:
i now recommend a blue socket in a rf totem link setup as a 6th socket.

A little FYI here, according to the Vorici Calculator it takes need more than 4 Exalted Orbs worth of Chromatic Orbs to get RGBBBB on an Astral Plate (3.974,1 to be precise), 3xB at 120 Chromatics per pop being the preferred method. But hey, six weeks into the league we're drowning in currency anyway. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Oct 12, 2016, 1:54:19 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
i now recommend a blue socket in a rf totem link setup as a 6th socket.

A little FYI here, according to the Vorici Calculator it takes need more than 4 Exalted Orbs worth of Chromatic Orbs to get RGBBBB on an Astral Plate (3.974,1 to be precise), 3xB at 120 Chromatics per pop being the preferred method. But hey, six weeks into the league we're drowning in currency anyway. ;)

Did you take a -32% attribute astral in consideration? which i would roll before chroming :P
I kept it open in the guide and both options are good. Red is solid all the way and Blue has more utility (rarity, resis, better aoe with conc effect).

On a carcass jack it doesnt really matter and high armour armour/es chests are a cheap option, too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info