[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Good day guys! Kinda confuse. Orb of storms will trigger elemntal
Overload, right? Can it trigger EE as well?

well its explained in the FAQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Good day guys! Kinda confuse. Orb of storms will trigger elemntal
Overload, right? Can it trigger EE as well?

well its explained in the FAQ

But shouldn't OoS also triggers EE? OoS deals lightning damage as well, right? The faqs says we need vortex trap or lightning trap to trigger. But OoS doesnt trigger ot? Sorry kinda noob

Another one, when EO is triggered an icon shows up on the upperleft of the screen. Does EE have an icon for this?
Last edited by McGoodness on Oct 10, 2016, 4:10:01 AM
EE triggers if the enemy takes damage from a hit (not degeneration like rf or searing).
Since we have ancestral bonds we cannot deal damage ourself, so orb of storms does not work for it.
Thats why we use traps for EE, those van trigger and deal damage.

EO on the other side needs a crit from the player, it doesnt matter if the crit deals damage or not. Orb has many proccs with each hit having a chance to crit. Ice spear is also possible to use, but clunkier.

Eo has a buff icon.
EE is a debuff and shown on the enemy when triggered (purpe whirly graphic below their feet)

Yesterday I tried my first guardian maze, the minotaur.

Of course, brimming with overconfidence, as I had manages to do all T15 and T14 bosses with nearly immediate success (well, not Malachai in Core, because that one is a pain in the ass, but I have done him with other builds, and I am pretty confident in doing it again without too much trouble).

Holy mother of god. What a *TON* of life that guy has. Of course, not knowing the fight, the first times he splattered me quite easily. Only with the last portals I managed to bring him down to about 20% or so.

Even then, I imagine this being a loooong slog of keep tossing totems and running, running and running. I can't even imagine doing this as a melee non EQ character. I am pretty sure next time I will manage even if barely (my first Core tries were a bit like this anyway).

Have any of you guys managed to do the guardians? Or even the shaper? Any advice considering this build modus operandi?
"
Milkyslice wrote:
EE triggers if the enemy takes damage from a hit (not degeneration like rf or searing).
Since we have ancestral bonds we cannot deal damage ourself, so orb of storms does not work for it.
Thats why we use traps for EE, those van trigger and deal damage.

EO on the other side needs a crit from the player, it doesnt matter if the crit deals damage or not. Orb has many proccs with each hit having a chance to crit. Ice spear is also possible to use, but clunkier.

Eo has a buff icon.
EE is a debuff and shown on the enemy when triggered (purpe whirly graphic below their feet)

Thanks forgot about the Ancestral bond. Sorry about that. So in most cases, OoS can trigger both? Thanks for the time. Actually, i'm playing this build and already level 87. Still farming for more red maps though. Thanks again!
I havent managed to get a single guardian map yet and i would run those with my rf totem char to share the experience with it.

Yes without bonds it could trigger both which can be nice for other builds

For the guardians Im tempted to try a bit more of a damage setup. I did not go for Doedre's helm as I felt I was doing way more than enough damage (and that was true all the way up to T15). But with the huge health pools of the guardians I am tempted to not only go with the Doedre Helm, but also to have it coloured 4blue, switching temporal chains with elemental weakness.

I mean, that first two deaths I got a bit traumatized to see I barely scratched the bastard :D. Also carry a normal lightning trap gem to switch when the vaal gem has ran out to keep triggering EE.
"
Thanks forgot about the Ancestral bond. Sorry about that.

As I said in my previous post, if you're looking for a one-skill solution that does both Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium, try Spell Totem + Spark (+ ICS). EO and EE are only necessary to fight the toughest bosses in the game really, so just throw in the occasional Spark Totem every few seconds and you will have permanent EE + EO. Of course, this requires up to four sockets, depending on whether you need BM or not, OTH you will not need sockets for OoS and a Trap.

Spell Totem + Spark requires 40 Mana, 45 Mana if you add ICS for good measure, 50 Mana if you want to use a 4L setup to pimp it with Culling Strike.

Of course, a variety of other cold and lightning spells will work as well for our purposes, I just picked Spark for the high inherent crit chance (6%) and because I had a a gem with plenty quality (faster projectile speed = greater range)
Last edited by tomay on Oct 10, 2016, 12:46:17 PM
I just started mapping yesterday with this excellent build but I'm still at a bit of a loss as to how exactly I should plan out the rest of the ascendancy nodes.

Specifically, I'd like to know if anyone has played around with the http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ramako,_Sun%27s_Light Ramako ascendancy notable.

On paper, it seems like it should work swimmingly to automate endurance charge generation, which would in turn free up a gem slot for a golem or another warcry.

I'm still a relatively new player, though, so I'd like to know if it would indeed work (the 20% chance honestly seems rather low to me, but maybe it's enough?).

P.S: Thank you Milkyslice for making this guide and actively replying to queries by other players.
Last edited by Generic_PC on Oct 10, 2016, 4:13:49 PM
I havent tested it because i am not sold on this node, but i can tell you that you will still 'need' enduring cry to keep those charges up on bosses like izaro, daresso etc.

It should work with generating charges like intended tho, which is a QoL feature in maps, but seems only really worth it if you get a few charges.

i prefer the reduced manacosts, strength, resists and armour more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info