[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Ofc i can, wanted to make a section about it in the next 2-3 days, but i will take this as a template :P

Chieftain:

Has fire immune totems which means no degeneration damage from RF. While totem resist is not bad to have, or even recommended in high tier maps, the chieftain doesnt need to focus on it. He receives less damage while totems are up and has some regen in the classtree. Totems are overall tankier.

Berserker:

He has higher mobility with 37% permanent atk speed + 25% when hit recently. This is great for the clearspeed coupled with Shield Charge.
Berserker deals more dmg than the chieftain, but receives more dmg.
The warcry feat on the other side is amazing and shines over the chieftain. 25% life + ~800-1000 life every 2 seconds via enduring cry is amazing to substain life in long fights, while mapping or against traps. With decent gear its stronger than a bubbling life flask with no charges required. I really love this node for any build that cannot leech.
The downside is that you need to run purity of elements or fire for a long time. Totems have 25% ele resists, we get 13% via node, that means 37% resists are needed via jewels. Since totemlife is the best dps stat we can (and should) get via jewels we need 4-5 totem life + totem resist jewels (well and the skillpoints for those), if we want playerlife on jewels it gets expensive.

tl:dr Berserker has higher dmg and burst heal, Chieftain better migration and an easier start
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 21, 2016, 4:28:45 AM
If we are using RF totems why would we need attack speed? i guess its meant for shield charge? and the choice is really tough tbh...that immunity thing sounds nice becuz u dont need to recast totems over and over again becuz they die so fast but i guess il go berserker then and thanks for the info also i cant seem to find what nodes you take in berserker ascendy so mind telling me?

edit: after checking berserker i dont understand...its all about physical damage and attack speed how does that profit to totems in any way? i think il go chieftain O.o
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Sep 21, 2016, 5:45:52 AM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
If we are using RF totems why would we need attack speed? i guess its meant for shield charge? and the choice is really tough tbh...that immunity thing sounds nice becuz u dont need to recast totems over and over again becuz they die so fast but i guess il go berserker then and thanks for the info also i cant seem to find what nodes you take in berserker ascendy so mind telling me?

like i wrote, for shield charge (hey its included in the class). The immunity doesnt matter often in terms of degen, since monsters die so quick. since only one rf can deal dmg you can cycle the totems for 100 % uptime on bosses.
Using decoy totem in addition makes it harder tho.

MyCharacter sectio has my current rf totem berserker tree. Skilltree is the same, first pick 40% more dmg, then warcry node

Milky, how do you feel about Empower instead of Increased burning or Less Duration for the RF?
I still think il go chieftain cause im getting tired of berserker i have been going that ascendy only so i wanna something new so il go chieftain
"
Milky, how do you feel about Empower instead of Increased burning or Less Duration for the RF?

empower only affects active gems, not support gem. rf gem alone does nothing for the dmg, its the spelltotem

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"

empower only affects active gems, not support gem. rf gem alone does nothing for the dmg, its the spelltotem

Ah, ok, it's what I suspected, but was not sure of the mechanics. It's my actual first contact with the RF gem and I am a bit surprised yet by the special mechanic here. I am still a bit dazed at the idea of 0 mana costing totems, even.
I need help with mana problems on this build!
Started the character yesterday, currently level 66 and just got my Doedres Ring.
It seems impossible for me to get enough mana to run 3 Blastphemy Curses since while they're
all active I end up with 7 mana left.

I got a total of 64 mana on my gear (Both rings and my amulet) compared to your gear which is at 49 mana. I've taken all the Hp/mana nodes at Witch and I got 7 mana left when all 3 curses are on..
Edit: I've also taken the 2 Aura Reservartion Nodes (8%).

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Lissmano on Sep 21, 2016, 5:50:39 PM

So I'm guessing this enchant doesn't work for RF totem?
Vouch, build working so far (maps tier 5++)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info