[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Hi Milky

You Say you use Rapid Decay.
But when I linke it myself: I dont see any connexion with Rightous (gem not highlighted).

So, Rightous is not influenced by Damage-Over-Time.

Am I right, our you are right ?

Same question with this curse: Vulnerability
Cursed enemies take 33% increased damage from Damage Over Time effects

But this seems not to be a real Damage over time :(
so, probably, this curse is not working...

Manu
Debating what to upgrade next.

I dont know how to link my current gear but im 76 i think with like 5k hp and decent armor triple curse etc. feel pretty strong in t4 maps so far.

I am looking at chest pieces and contemplating starting to work towards 5linking a better chest piece.

Im debating between carcass, belly or coil.

You describe the difference between well but I cant seem to really get an idea of which is best. I had carcass last league and it seemed to work well. Lots of aoe size was nice. But with this league, uber labs and so on, should I go belly or coil instead?

"
D0berm4n wrote:
I've noticed that jewels with totem life + totem resistances are relatively cheap, so we have 25% res by default + 24% from tree + 35 (~7% * 5 jewels) = easy overcap, and don't have to use any purity aura, applying all 3 curses.

As for hierophant with large mana/mana regen/reduced cost + 14% reduced mana reserved from sovereighty (available mana pool - 9% (35% + 35% + 35% = 105% - 14% reduced), i think it's possible to avoid any bloodmagic gems in gear, having free sockets for other supports

Yes thats reasonable and the way to do it, just no day 1 stuff

"
i have a question about ascendancy choice, with uber lab i will have 2 more points, so i dont know wich path is better Ramako or Hinekora ?

There is no better path, pick what you like more.

"
Working out if I can fit in the new witchfire brew flask, up to 70% increased DoT, and lvl 21 vulnerability. Would need to squeeze in an extra curse to fully use it though, which might be a push for something that will only be up situationally. Don't fancy windscreams with no movement skills either, so would have to be another doedre ring, which makes resistances tricky.

Excactly, interesting flask. The best use is to have 3 potential curses but just 2 blasphemys and reserve the rest of the mana for something else. But the keep that flask up all the time.

"
Hi Milky

You Say you use Rapid Decay.
But when I linke it myself: I dont see any connexion with Rightous (gem not highlighted).

So, Rightous is not influenced by Damage-Over-Time.

Am I right, our you are right ?

Same question with this curse: Vulnerability
Cursed enemies take 33% increased damage from Damage Over Time effects

But this seems not to be a real Damage over time :(
so, probably, this curse is not working...

Rapid decay does not work with RF
Rapid decay DOES work with RF totems.

The reason is that the spelltotem gives RF a duration tag (totems just have a 8sec duration), rf deals dot damage and it works. It even shows up as a tooltip icon.

Vulnerability works too, there is just no reason to level the gem except curse aoe, since the dot dmg increase stays the same.

"
You describe the difference between well but I cant seem to really get an idea of which is best. I had carcass last league and it seemed to work well. Lots of aoe size was nice. But with this league, uber labs and so on, should I go belly or coil instead?

I would start with a 5l armour/es chest, those are cheap as fuck and easy to color.
For me its Carcass, just for the aoe and clearspeed. Blasphemy aoe is also some safety on top. For hc a pure 2k+ armour chest is prolly the best
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
3 curse/2 blasphemy might be an idea, not sure what I'd do with the remaining mana though - arctic armour + remove the reservation nodes?
The curses are a big chunk of either damage or survivability though, wouldn't like to lose one of the elemental weakness ones or temp chains.

Had a few decent drops plus death's opus prophecy in a few hours play last night so I shopped for a bit of gear - carcass was a pig to 6 socket, used all the jewellers I'd saved to that point, but then 5 linked in 2 fuses! Will grab a divine while they are cheap too.
Bought a catalyst in the end, they aren't too expensive right now and was having no luck buying one. Big damage jump from the lavianga - trash almost insta dies now rather than a slow dot, which is extra safety from being mobbed.
Atziri runs super smooth now too - vaals go down straight away and trio not a problem any more.

Current gear
Spoiler

Not fully capped atm, need a bit more light res. need to either grab diamond skin for a bit or upgrade belt/ring (But am totally poor now!)
here is another quick question for you for your opinion only while im at work thinking this through.

I have about 60c in the new league. I wear a yellow nothing special 5l armor right now and use daresso's weapon with a good shield.

Which would you think would give me the best bang for my buck?
Getting a Carcass and starting to work on 5l it
getting a doriany to replace the daresso?

Can only afford one or other so debating which to do first.

I would go for the Carcass, the reason is that carcass prices are pretty stable over time, but Doryanis catalyst gets cheaper and cheaper with each day, since every crappy build can farm atziri nowadays. You could also run atziri yourself and test your dropluck. With carcass as a worlddrop its not possible.

I think we have a new BIS flask for this build now
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
I think we have a new BIS flask for this build now

on paper, yes. In reality, i dont think so.

The damage bonus is just slightly better than a sulphur flask, the smokecloud is better for chars that facetank those mobs on a evasion base and the vulnerability curse is meh. We already have 4 curses which are better than this one and i am pretty sure it doesnt act as a +1 curse ;)
The great thing about the flask is that you basically gain an extra blasphemy curse w/o reserving mana. The best use for this flask is for any evasion melee or bladevortex char

I'm running witchfire now, in a quad curse setup and quite like it.
Not quite sure why you say vulnerability is meh - it's a straight more multi on damage (Of course with diminishing effectiveness on bosses)

Bit of an opportunity cost to running it - 2 doedre ring so no life on the rings, and I've had to use a couple of totem life + 40% res jewels (and a totem life + life + bit of resist one). So i'm swapping damage on jewels for damage on the flask in effect. But it does seem to really help with burst damage.
Got a high life shield and belt to compensate a bit. Can look at a minor glove upgrade too.

Probably as much to make the build a bit different to last time! I might try and squeeze in a self cast enfeeble as my other option for nasty looking mobs, gives us a lot of flexibility.

Cospri's will could be another option for curse, and lets us run hexprood but we lose the AOE, life and it would be very expensive to colour - not really a good option.

Current gear again if anyone fancies trying it

Spoiler
Last edited by Carlovski on Sep 7, 2016, 4:06:33 AM
i've tried the uber labs yesterday and had no issues making it to last boss. But I find that the boss fights just take FOREVER by which point I usually die from some mistake or another.

Is it normal that my dps feel so low on that boss?

I use doryani, I am 80 and have the same build as you suggest except i skipped 3x 5% hp nodes for the 3 curse improvement nodes to try to up my dps a tad.

I dont have the carcass still which would help a bit with the totem range on this mobile booss but even when he sits in it his life barely moves.

How big an impact is the doedre helmet? I dont use it for now but wondering now if thats considered a huge upgrade or not? My helm has 100 hp and some chaos resist so I wouldnt lose much resists swapping it but I would trade away a chunk of health.

On packs stuff generally goes down pretty fast except in groups stuff seem to take a while to die typically.

Any advice?

I dont know how to link my gear yet.
I also use shield for a good chunk of hp and armor. 1000armor shield seems to help a lot with survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info