[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
gbjfrtswym wrote:
"
einh213 wrote:
Add to command line those parameters, one of them must help to u.

-gc 2
--noasync
-swa

None of these helped with the issue, thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty positive it is the same issue affecting SRS builds. Raiz's most recent death in the SRS SSF 48h event showcased the SRS issue quite well and it seems pretty similar to me.

Did you enable multithreading frame optimizations? ( --experimental-frame-optimizations ) I remember getting higher frame times because of the multicurse/boxes before frame optimizations became a thing.
"
typecast wrote:
Spoiler
"
gbjfrtswym wrote:
"
einh213 wrote:
Add to command line those parameters, one of them must help to u.

-gc 2
--noasync
-swa

None of these helped with the issue, thanks for the suggestions. I'm pretty positive it is the same issue affecting SRS builds. Raiz's most recent death in the SRS SSF 48h event showcased the SRS issue quite well and it seems pretty similar to me.

Did you enable multithreading frame optimizations? ( --experimental-frame-optimizations ) I remember getting higher frame times because of the multicurse/boxes before frame optimizations became a thing.

I tried that the first day Chris announced that we could do it. My hopes were so high for about 5 minutes until I loaded the game up. Thanks again for more suggestions. I do appreciate all the help you are all providing as I LOVE this build.

Stay safe exiles!
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
- 2.4 changes section added
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Hi, I'm going to play a version of this build in 2.4, that in the endgame strive for 4 curses. Probably going to be Temp Chains, Vulnerability/flammability, Elemental weakness, and enfeeble. A friend of mine wants to play together with me. Do you know of a build that benefits from playing with 4x curse RF-Totems?
Heya!

Thanks for your aweseome guide. I think this one will be a very good beginner build for a new league?

Just a noob question

Is this build also possible with a templer? If yes, which are the pros and cons? Which Ascendancy would you prefer?

Thanks man!
With the current patchnodes some rolling flames fireball char would be viable and has synergy with this build. Basically any fire/ignite build. Firestorm, flameblast and so on. Well if you change flammability with vulnerability basically any attack build is supported by it since most use hatred (ele weakness) and/or ash or some poison/bleed (vuln, temp).
Various Summoner work too with srs/spectre/whatever.
Just be careful with Elemental Equilibrium and teammates auras. If there is a anger aura around dont procc ee. Also switch lightning/cold trap around if the partner is cold or lightning based.

On the other side either of you will clear before the other one does something, depends on who places/casts first :P

So there is enough stuff that has synergy with your build, what helps you the most?

- summoner, decoy minions for survivability, often use haste/vaal haste which helps the movement and overall clearspeed.
- any char which has room for defensive auras like grace, determination or puritys. Something like doomfletchs prism chars or trapper
- cold/lightning caster for crowd control/shock

Overall i would opt more for a defensive synergy than offensive, since two player hp monsters are, for rf totems, basically the same as solo.

Just dont play 2 rf chars, those aoes dont stack

"
sorcita wrote:
Heya!

Thanks for your aweseome guide. I think this one will be a very good beginner build for a new league?

Just a noob question

Is this build also possible with a templer? If yes, which are the pros and cons? Which Ascendancy would you prefer?

Thanks man!

1. yes it is, however the first 38 levels (where we get all support gems, especially aoe) are somewhat painful. It gets better and better with every level and shines around the start of merciless. Requires no good gear at all to have great success. Best in slot uniques are very cheap and not required to make the build work.

2. templar stuff: Sure it is possible as a templar. I saw a Guardian rf totemer which is NOT budget because low life etc. I would go for Hierophant.

pro:

+ easier, faster start with early dualtotems and damage nodes nearby.
+ Hierophant glove bonus can give huge aoe early on with a 4 link. The new essence glove enchant (more dot damage on glove gems) acts like an additional gem.
+ can go dualtotem like chieftain, also tripletotem with the downside of (way) lower damage but bigger aoe
+ with dualtotem can reach tons of mana/es for a bid effective lifepool if build around.

cons:

- no fire immune totems, which means the totems die to RF. Forces you to stack totem resists or to use purity of fire. This results in fewer (or none) blasphemy curses, which reduces the clearspeed.
- triple totem has great aoe coverage, but shitty boss damage. Searing bond totem is a damage buff on dualtotem and a damage loss on tripletotem ;)
- less armour than chieftain

I tried a Hierophant rf totemer last league, my experience was:

- Triple totem is not worth it, better specc dualtotem. Its really a big damage loss for singletarget
- totem life + totem resists jewels are pretty rare, you have to stick a long time with purity
- curse on hit with orb of storms is basically mandatory
- 4link glove (+20% aoe) rf is enough, no need for 6l chest. Allows more links for searing bonds OR a better curse on hit setup in the chest.
- the limited totem duration due to the selfignite is not bad, but they die faster than normal when they take any damage (no chief armour bonus, the selfdamage).
- I would go hybrid life/es on a hierophant nowadays.

Conclusion: Both work, chieftain deals more damage and has tankier totems. Hierophant has easier first 50 levels and is overall stronger if you dont have a 5 or 6 link.

Edit:

This could be a hierophant tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAOoYHRQsp3hp9q54L1gHGGp85Sj6TePyRf4K_o864aZXNZLYvYPbVcYLYevuWiuj8ljlwxMnLxo4kFWvp1ugp1V8Do9GaGXz3YIH2Xx2rM9-NsXYJJ2urKqYrfAfogAEBx8CKyZoWnFiA5qu_XUqBFHsLpuhVkhDyCu2-JMQzIxGhTL3Mgj0wFRmVJRvFm_jaqcIcXkXHBJpU1Ka4EWdK1ANzRzO_lT46-_r0B-RK1h3XwQDde98n988BQ48TwTwVcT2akPhc4KbmjtSU5f0l5VMs3IPcqm3PoNfPC2DzGjyFHGvbLiTHNyPGlnzbRn60maexq49XwAA

Normally i wouldnt get Ironwood, but this one needs totemresists ;)
Lesser focus on Curse effectiveness, because of the boss effectiveness nerf. But you could still go for it.

I consider a similar specc as a starter build this league (competes with bladevortex necromancer). I just want a char til lvl 80 to farm Dried Lakes for a week with full mf gear.
This means i would run purity anyway for the lack of resists, i dont really need much damage for lake. Maybe i add the templar shield nodes for the resists, too.

I also dont wanna invest anything in the char except decent mf gear, so 4 link + 20 aoe gloves are definetly enough for me, prolly only run one lab for illuminated devotion ;)

Bladevortex however got a huge buff with low stacks, has flesh offering for great movement/atk/castspeed and the auraboni for 20% all res on top which could potentially be a great mfer for lakes, too.

Just wanna do chaos recipes the first week, sell the decent rares/uniques early which become unsellable later and so on to fund whatever i wanna play as a mainchar which prolly requires somewhat expensive stuff :p

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 31, 2016, 6:11:38 AM
You are awesome man!

This helps a relatively new player a lot.

My first build ever (reached 87 oh yeah :D) was a Dual Flame Totem Marauder Warchief.. Played an Ancestral Warchief Dual Totem Marauder Chieftain (91) at the end of the last season. I like Totem builds because they are a hybrid of actice and defensive gameplay (plant totems, kite) and they are very safe, even with not that good gear.. Which "normal" players would achieve after a few weeks playing the new season.

I will use a Firetrap/Flame Totem/Firestorm-combo or anything like that (maybe a suggestion for me) for leveling.

Would you prefer a Marauder or a Templar in the end? For me the Marauder/Chieftain-build sounds easier and more "round up" in the end. I think I will give this one a try.

Edit: One last question. What exactly does Searing Bond in this build? Is it just an addition for specific situations (like boss fights)?! Don't see it in all of your videos. I know this skill (played it a bit a few years ago.. was nerfed since then I've heard) but I don't know what it does exactly here.
Last edited by sorcita on Aug 31, 2016, 5:59:59 AM
edited something in the last post, too.

I would go chieftain in the long run, the fireimmunity is great for a few bosses (atziri, kaom, malachai...), has the reduced enemy damage aura, tankier totems and more hpregen for yourself.

Thats excactly what i did, random melee skill + flametotem into Firestorm + firestormtotem (place and run to thr next pack, selfcast for singletarget) into dualfirestormtotem until lvl 38 (or whenever you wanna switch).

Yeah i often forget to use Searing Bond because its unnecassary for Packs. It shines in Bossfights. It acts as a 3rd 'free' totem, scales with the same damage stats as RF, except aoe and totemlife, same curses and so on. I calculated that it deals around 20-25% of the rf damage, depening on gear, nodes etc.
Its a difference of 10sec bossfight and 7.5 sec bossfight. I use it in the videos too, afaik. Atziri video probably in some fights ;) While recording i forget some things anyway

Great guide which i'm planning on using for 2.4 temp league. Good to see you keep it up to date and reply to questions.

My question, which most likely has been asked before but 184 pages is very long:
- I see no movement skill in the gem setup but in your linked gear is see a whirling blades setup aswell as using it in the Abaxoth video. Since i do like running a movement skill in any build I kinda missed this here.
Opinion?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info