[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
sure, vulnerability is a good 3rd curse, but still the weakest of the three offensive curses.
For me it was never required, the only place i see for vulnerability are encounter where your defensive curses dont do anything (uber atziri for excample).
A good thing about vulnerability is, that the increased dot multiplier doesnt increase with gemlvl so it can stay on lvl 5 for a cwdt (1) setup. A decent choice if you want a 4th curse without reservation ;)

In normal mapping sessions, even in high tier maps, mobs die instantly anyway, thats why i prefer a defensive curse.

Temp Chains or Enfeeble is preference. I like Temp chains more since mobs cant escape the burning hell of totems and slow mobs have big trouble to reach your or even cast.
I would level both, in high dmg modded t10+ maps its a good choice to swap ele weakness with enfeeble, same gemcolor, no problem.

So tempchains is solid for offensive aspects and lets use avoid damage, the hits that come through are easily regened back. For HC i would add enfeeble in the mix to give more room for error (i have a pretty offensive playstyle :p).

Resist curses act like vulnerability, every -resist is more damage, over 0 resists its even valued higher.

Flammability is stronger than ele weakness up to the point where ele weakness is 20/20%, then both have the same value. In partys i prefer ele weakness, vulnerability can be better than flammability, depending on the group setup.

Just use all 5 curses depending on the situation, what you prefer and your playstyle :)

Great suggestions, thank you! And yes, I knew that my other two curses should take precedence over vulnerability or temp chains :) Because for high-fire-resist monsters they're up to like a 4x multiplier in total, hahah. But you have convinced me to try temp chains for combined offensive & defensive purposes!

The build is working like a charm this league, btw. I was expecting positioning to be too complicated to make this build able to get a 1000-rampage chain solo for the challenge, but I actually did it without any trouble at all (sea witches, 1 pack size mod, plateau map; ended up with a rampage chain of estimated 1500 before I made the full double-loop)

The only real trouble I've had all league so far was getting 3 blue sockets on my 5L belly of the beast :P (bad rng)
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 14, 2016, 9:59:59 AM
Does "increased elemental damage on weapons" increased rf totem damage? I'm upgrading gear to have more life on them.
No. RF totems are not weapons. They do not use weapon stats. Why would that belt have any effect? It wouldn't.

On the other hand, thanks Prophecy League, this amulet is BiS for damage :P
Would it be possible for us newbies, if you could list the link colors in the gem section? Like 3 blues 2 reds or whatever?

I know I can look up each gem to see what color it is, but it would be a great assistance for the more casual player, like myself.

Thanks for a great guide

Bill
Rarity: Unique
Heretic's Veil
Deicide Mask
--------
Evasion Rating: 398 (augmented)
Energy Shield: 242 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
Dex: 73
Int: 88
--------
Sockets: B G
--------
Item Level: 71
--------
+2 to Level of Socketed Curse Gems
Socketed Curse Gems are Supported by Level 22 Blasphemy
Socketed Curse Gems have 12% reduced Mana Reservation
140% increased Evasion and Energy Shield
+42 to maximum Energy Shield
--------
Branded a heretic for your beliefs,
You stand alone against many.
May the truth that fuels their anger,
Carry your blade into their hearts.

**** Would this be good to use for this build?

@icecold answered you this question 2 pages ago. The answer is no, weapon elemental damage only affects skills used with weapons... like it says.
Doryanis invitation is a belt that grants %fire dmg, which works, but is overall a bad choice for a belt since it has 0 life and we dont benefit from the leech on it.

Belt and Gloves should have priority with upgrades.

@fenmoorz yes i will add it soon. Wanted to add the linked gems, but thats so much effort to search my standard stash for all the gems to list it + i am not sure if i reach the letter limit again (50000), since linked gems need more letters.

Will add something like [RRRBBG] behind each gemsetup.

edit: Done

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 15, 2016, 1:36:23 AM
Heretics Veil has a few benefits, it allows us to drop nodes from Soveignity OR adds up with the reservation, which allows us to use Searing Bond totem and other utilitys without Bloodmagic.

Evasion + ES are pretty useless (like doedres).

The included Blasphemy support is actually bad. We need a lvl 21 Blasphemy gem with 20% quality to overwrite it (not 100% sure about lvl 20) since it has +2 curse gems we would get a lvl 23 blasphemy.

Loosing 10% curse effectiveness is hard to justify since its better than +1 curse level we gain over Doedres Scorn.

Doedres Scorn has up to 80% elemental dmg with 3 curses on top.

So offensive Doedres is better, defensive there isn't a big difference. For utility, maybe 1-2 free gem slots, its ok.

I would not use it in this build.

Hey guys, this is my first character after a long break, and i'm trying to follow this build.

I just started and am at level 25, using SB and Firestorm, but the clear speed is a bit low.

Should i link it with anything or just live with it until i move to RF (after Ancestral Bond)?

"
Krazy_X wrote:
Hey guys, this is my first character after a long break, and i'm trying to follow this build.

I just started and am at level 25, using SB and Firestorm, but the clear speed is a bit low.

Should i link it with anything or just live with it until i move to RF (after Ancestral Bond)?

yeah the first level can be harsh.
The reason is, that we donr get any significant damage nodes in the first level.
If you got an alch orb or similar laying around you can buy some leveling uniques, like a wideswing with a sunder setup.
Wideswing can be used with rf totems, too, since the included lvl 20 inc aoe gem helps a lot. RFT dont need much fire/elemental dmg until maps.

So get a 4link wideswing and you can go for the totems when you get ancestral bond + purity + purity of fire. Drop those auras when you finished the cruel lab (unless you need the resists yourself)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 15, 2016, 10:11:33 AM
Actually turning this build (currently level 83) into my MF character. Following quite a bit with the current gear you have on.. although getting that many blue sockets on greeds is making my brain hurt.

You have any recomendation on what you generally farm map wise with your MF? Right now I can still do up to t11 maps pretty well.. althoguh sometimes a bit hairy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info