Life Leech

i have a question to the quality bonus of lifeleech

when i have 10% lifeleech on my gear and a skill supported with a 8% lifeleech gem(quality 20%), what happens when i do for example 1000 damage to a monster in one hit(all physical)?

1) i leech 8% of the damage(80) with a rate of 24% of my maxlife/sec, and after that 10% of the damage(100) with a rate of 20% of my maxlife/sec

or

2) i leech 18% of the damage(180) with a rate of 24% of my maxlife/sec

so does the quality bonus apply to all of my lifeleech(gear+supportgem) or just the supportgem?
ING: "MeneaterMildrid" or "WICKEDSICKmoves"
This was asked last page with no answers. The only dev statement is a bit vague in that regard, since it uses a different example where you hit once with a non quality LL and then with a quality LL, however it could be extrapolated that it works the same way, as in you heal for 8% at 24%speed then for 10% at 20%speed instead of 18% at 24% speed. However, this is just a guess, will need to have Mark come and confirm.
Mark can you say something to my qustion plz? :P
All the stats on a support gem always apply to the whole skill. You hit something with a skill that has increase leech rate, therefore all the leech from that hit will be at the increased rate.
nice thx for your answer :)
I was testing how life leech work and i have a question , lets say i have 3% life leech from passives/gear and when i hit i get 700 hp regen , when i put on my skill a 6% life leech i know my hp regen from leech will stay the same but what it does exactly? does it double the duration of hp leeched per second? for instance am i getting 1400 hp regen in 2 seconds? or it doesnt do anything more cause i am already capped with my 3% and its just worthless for me? 700hp/regen for 2 seconds if i wasnt clear. Someone plz explain me cause i am really confused.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by PureRhymes on Apr 23, 2013, 5:33:58 AM
That is how it works, yes. If you regenerate for exactly 1 second with 3% Leech, the same amount of damage would grant exactly 2 seconds of regeneration with 6% Leech.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
That is how it works, yes. If you regenerate for exactly 1 second with 3% Leech, the same amount of damage would grant exactly 2 seconds of regeneration with 6% Leech.

Thanks for your helpfull answer , you made my things clear!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
c2games wrote:
How does LL work with over kill damage? Say I do 1000 damage to a mob with only 100 hp?

Do I get:
// 1000 * 1% = 10hp
// 100 * 1% = 1hp
The first.

Kripparrian tested around with this in his stream and came to the conclusion that the latter is taking place.
(SRC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDlqnjEeJM )

Might this be a bug?
IGN: Pirteloli
it is over time healing and (from my experience) stops when you are full just like potions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info