Life Leech

This gem feels like a mandatory support for all elemental based builds. Its the universal solution to cope with reflect damage. :(

I wonder what would happen in a no leech race scenario...
Said it elsewhere, also saying it here: life leech on spells is imbalanced, tankiness should be an attack (non-caster) exclusive, therefore the Life Leech support should only apply to physical attack damage, just like all other forms of life leech.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I have a question regarding Life Leech and Raise Specters. Do the "Degen bears" and Burning Miscreations life leech from their chaos aura/unrighteous fire?
No. Leech applies to hits, not degen.
Might be in the wrong thread, but since it's the same gem, i'll ask here.

Didn't quite find any information about the text "Mana multiplier xx%" that's included in my gem.

What exactly does that mean? I've 130% multiplier, does that mean that the linked gem(s) cost 130% more mana, or that I have 130% more mana in overall, like plus in resistance or extra hp etc.etc.

I've got a small feeling you renamed it to something else in the wiki's, but not changed the lable ingame.

Edit: I found that it's been renamed to "mana cost multiplier" on the wiki thread about the gem.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Life_Leech

But ingame, it's still "mana multiplier" which was a bit confusing.
Overkill is underrated.
Last edited by Nozzlo on Oct 2, 2013, 5:07:35 AM
"Mana Cost Multiplier" is the old name :)
The reason it was changed is to prevent confusion regarding Mana Reservation. Mana Cost Mults did apply to Mana Reserve, but Mana Cost Reduction did not (reason being: Reserve is not a Cost).

Of note: GGG doesn't change anything on the wiki. That's a community effort only. :)
ok, read through thread and didn't see no one asking this:

example:

I have 500 Life left (out of, say, 3000)
I hit Kole for 10000 dmg, I have 10% LL and I start to leech 1000 life
Immediately after (a split second later) Kole hits me for 800dmg

Do I:

1: Die.
2: Kole's damage get substracted from my LL pool of 1000 that is in effect and I live and:
a) ...have 500 life and 200 more life left in regen pool that I will regen
b) ...have 1 life and 700 more life left in regen pool that I will regen

?

Thanks. :)
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
You have 500 Life, not 500+1000. You die.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

so the leech pool that is in effect and going on doesn't matter, no dmg is deducted from it and that's it.
I must say I don't like that but oh well...Thanks for reply, I hope it's accurate.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
Ludak021 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

so the leech pool that is in effect and going on doesn't matter, no dmg is deducted from it and that's it.
I must say I don't like that but oh well...Thanks for reply, I hope it's accurate.
if you used vaal pact, then you'd survive in the specific situation you described. without caring about anything at least as a plus...

if kole hit you 1 second later (or actually anytime more than .5 seconds later) instead of your described split second, then you would have already gained 600 hp of your leeching amount (3k hp *20% rate *1 seconds = 600), and safe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info