Wild Strike

With a jewel like that, would the crit apply to every attack? Or just the fire portion?

Wild Strike tags are:
Projectile, Attack, Melee, Lightning, Cold, Fire, AoE, Chaining

So I'm wondering if the elemental tags only apply to the specific ele attack, thanks.
IGN: @Oos
"
Kutijagolemi wrote:
Hi

As mentioned before many, many times, could someone officially clarify all aspects of this skill? Pretty please?

What I am particulary interested is if all the secondary effects of this skill count as projectiles and can be scaled with projectile damage and speed?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

The Fire effect is an AOE Fire Attack.
The Ice effect is a Projectile Ice Attack.
The Lightning is a Chain Lightning Attack.

The only thing that projectile modifiers will boost is the Ice effect.
I think it applys the sec skill has a fire tag as u get +2 lvl to discharge with heatshiver helmet.
Chaotic is correct: the Jewel looks for what the Gem is tagged as, not what the specific Attack is tagged as, so the bonus Crit Chance will apply regardless of what Element it rolls.
Pretty impressive Jewel, too.
The art for the skillgem itself is consdierably bigger than other skill gems (of the same gemstone look, rather than ones like Trap which are round) - it looks disproportionate.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425
There's a few posts (from reddit) saying the AoE explosion also deals melee damage and is proc-ing CoMK. This would be consistent with Static Strike explosion damage, too.

This is an example with pictures of the CoMK proc, and contains references to other posts citing the CoMK proc. Is this working as intended?
Last edited by scriv on Jul 20, 2015, 4:12:13 AM
None of the secondary effects are melee. If it's applying melee-only effects, that's a bug.
Thanks Mark!

Would you mind posting what are the exact details on how the skill works please? There are many questions in this thread that could use some clarification and hoping you can chime in to help clear up all the confusion.
This seems to be the outstanding questions in this thread:

What exactly is the second part of the skill and what can increase its damage? Is it secondary damage like the explosion from explosive arrow? Does the WED really applies?

Is it working as intended for the secondary hit (the elemental proc) to NOT hit the same target the melee hit?

Does the secondary effect scale with melee physical damage? It seems like if it doesn't it will be hard to make it effective.

Will Physical Damage will improve the Physical and Elemental Damage dealt by the Melee Hit and by the additional effects?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Chaotic is correct: the Jewel looks for what the Gem is tagged as, not what the specific Attack is tagged as, so the bonus Crit Chance will apply regardless of what Element it rolls.
Pretty impressive Jewel, too.

Either i am miss-understanding this, or it is not working currently.

I have this jewel "15% increased cold damage" and i used it, but did not get an increase in damage on the skill.

The way i read your post, you make it sounds like a jewel will effect all parts of the skill, since it just looks for the tags and then apply's it effect "on the skill" entirely.

If so, i should have gotten a 15% damage increase from adding a "increased cold damage" jewel, since it is also tagged as cold?

Did i miss-read your post? Or does it only affect the secondary effects and if so, only the cold portion or all secondary effects?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info