Wild Strike

"
Vipermagi wrote:
...So what?
That's basically what makes it good. You can just use a single Pen gem for all three effects.

I wasn't trying to say it was bad, good, or anything between those two points.

Its just that they seem to think that Oro's could suddenly and inexplicably begin doing Cold and Lightning damage through Wild Strike.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Last edited by IlluminaBlade on Dec 30, 2015, 1:32:01 AM
I quite like this skill. It's fun and one of the very very few straight-forward possibilities to utilize elemental equilibrium. Which leads me to my only gripe with it: it would be neat if it was somehow possible to prevent it from repeating the same elemental type on the next hit - i.e. get rid of the 33% chance to give the enemy increased resistances when using EE.
Does attack life leech (vitality void) work with second form of wildstrike?
It's an Attack (deals Weapon damage), so, of course it does.
I have a couple questions about this skill. I am currently using Static Strike as my main. I was looking into using Wild Strike. Now the base damage of Wild Strike is at lvl 20, 146.6% and Static Strike is 136.6%. These 2 skills are identical except for the secondary effects, which are not shown in the tool tip. So according to the base damage Wild Strike should come out ahead with everything being equal as far as equipment and skill tree. But it doesn't Static Strike's tool tip damage is much higher than Wild Strike. How can this be?

The other question concerns the secondary effects. Fire is straight forward; but cold and lightning are curious. The secondary effect is 60% of the initial attack; but cold has 2 additional projectiles and lighting chains up to 7 times. Now is each projectile and each chain instance doing the 60% of the damage each projectile and chain or is the damage split between them?
The secondary effect is 100% of the initial Attack. It does not hit the initial target. Just like every other Skill that hits multiple enemies, it deals its stated Damage against each target.

Wild Strike's tooltip does not factor in the random Conversion. If you have a lot of Elemental Damage bonuses, Wild Strike's tooltip will be lower than your final damage output.
I'm working on a claw, high AS build and I think the skill is awesome. I really wanted to go crit, but neither of my claws has a high base crit. Using Izario's Dilemma and a crafted magic I made.

My thoughts:

I really believe this skill was made with high AS in mind. Right now, buffed and with the new lightning golem, I have 11AS. Not bad, could be better, but I don't want to sacrifice raw damage either. I DW, claws and went acro+phase and trickster antecedent for the extra defenses. I haven't gotten past T3 maps yet, just started maps last night. Run enfeeble linked with blasphemy and Hatred. I also use Thief's Torment (probably the only one on the planet), but the 15 mana per hit allows me to sustain the high attack speed without having to invest in mana on kill or mana leech.

I have a 5 link, and could use TR for 6 links, but the defensive hit is unacceptable.

From my experiments, I found that linking it with Increased Attack, Multistrike, WED and Elemental focus was the best raw damage. It sucks to not shock, but you nearly gain the shock damage bonus without having to shock. Freeze/chill is negligible since cold damage is low to begin with and ignite is pointless. Best to get the full benefits right off the bat. For a 6th, I'd do Phys to lightning, and then I'd get even more from WED/Elemental focus combo.

My only wish from this skill would be the ability for it to function more like lightning strike, where the projectiles fire, even if you don't hit thing. Maybe it would be more bland and generic, but still, it would be an added touch.

Overall, I think this skill is a hidden gem, and more people really need to give it a chance.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The secondary effect is 100% of the initial Attack. It does not hit the initial target. Just like every other Skill that hits multiple enemies, it deals its stated Damage against each target.

Wild Strike's tooltip does not factor in the random Conversion. If you have a lot of Elemental Damage bonuses, Wild Strike's tooltip will be lower than your final damage output.

So since the secondary effect is indeed 100% of the initial attack's damage, doesn't that mean a melee physical support gem would scale the secondary effect as a result of boosting the initial attack's damage?
Last edited by Saf3tyhazard on Aug 21, 2016, 5:30:29 AM
No. Their calculations are entirely separate.
So if I'm understanding correctly the secondary effect scales off of weapon damage, with the same conversion, but it would just leave our the melee physical damage bonus support gem in this case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info