Wild Strike

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
zeeh34 wrote:
How does Wild Strike interact with Phys to lightning support?

1)50% of phys is converted to lightning, then of the 50% phys remaining, 60% is converted to the element of Wild Strike choice

2)100% of damage is elemental, in a proportion that I do not know how to calculate.

I was thinking of linking it to phys to lightning and WED so that I'd get the full effect on WED, but if it works as mentioned in 1) it might not be worth it.
its number 2, and should be roughly 45% lightning and 55% the random element.

thanks! I also figured out how to do the math on it based on the results you posted :)

This probably means that WS-Faster attacks-Multistrike-Phys to light-WED-Added fire is the absolute best link combination for the skill
Suggestion 1 : Increased AoE, Increased Projectiles with level.
Suggestion 2 : 100% conversion with elemental effects
Suggestion 3 : Additional flat elemental damage (like elemental hit)
Suggestion 4 : Burn, Shock, and Freeze chance
Suggestion 5 : Activate the effects without requiring an enemy to be hit

I like #5 because all of the effects gain an advantage from being at a distance.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Last edited by IlluminaBlade on Oct 5, 2015, 7:15:46 AM
Hello, if anyone wants to contest me about this I a open to having a conversation about it, but I consider myself the most experienced Elemental Hit user in the game. Wild Strike looks quite similar (and even improved!) to the feedback I gave for Elemental Hit. That makes me happy. Build in Aoe? Half the mana? Yes please! I have spent a ton of time theory crafting this skill, however I feel really guilty that I have not played this skill after the dev team fixes its problems and made it playable. The reason is the awkward damage conversion. I loved Elemental Hit's flat damage but i also understand you can't really balance flat damage.

What makes the damage conversion awkward its hard to get the most out of it. You can run Weapon elemental to gain part of a boost. Then the next best choice is physical to lightning but I feel that defeats the point of the skill because now you playing Lightning Strike with a funky range.

I am ok with the funky unreliable Aoe. It makes the skill cool. That being said your not gaining anything from choosing to use unpredictable range. I support the concept that you can take on a negative side effect to gain a benefit, I love that poe does this all the time. In its current state I don't think wild strike has an appropriate power to penitential trade off.

This probably failed the balance test and shouldn't be put in but if it is not game breaking I think it would be a lot easier to work with the skill if you made the conversion 100%. You can't mana leech off that, so it screw up some people but come on, Revelry gives 16 mana on a chain before multistrike and you should be able to get mana gain on hit jewels. Also leech is dead dead and all that world ending propaganda.

All, in, all only benefits the game from being in it.

"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Please add Wild Strike as a Duelist reward/vendor. Its a dex/str gem & duelist symbolizes those things, so why does duelist not have this gem as a reward/vendor ?_?

makes no sense ~_~
Last edited by morrello on Oct 10, 2015, 4:00:21 PM

Ok so for the skill, which crit rolls does this benefit?

Read the text, it's all in there really :p It explicitly says "Cold/Lightning Skills"; it doesn't check for Damage or anything. Wild Strike is both a Cold and a Lightning Skill, regardless of Damage dealt, so the entire Skill benefits from both modifiers.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 13, 2015, 6:50:15 AM
Yes I get that but with the changes to cast when damage taken gems etc not affecting all spells, and other supports that say "spell" then don't support spells I just wanted to clarify.
You can proc a fire only discharge with Mjolner chance to use lightning skills. The element of the skill is independent of the damage it does. If you convert all of Arctic Breaths damage to fire and then put it in a +1 level of fire gems nothing happens. This is because the + level to fire gems checks the tag on the skill, not the damage it deals. You will get both crit bonuses from the jewel since Wild Strike is Tagged as both a Lightning and a Cold skill.

Also, Cast when damage taken applies to all spells. They just removed the spell tag from a few gems the used to have it.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Does initial target stuck get hit by the lightning/cold/fire component of the skill?

I know frost blade doesn't, how about this?
No.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info