(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
xaikman14 wrote:
Since i dont use blasphemy yet, i was using CWDT + curse set up for cursing. Now i try
the CWDT + blade vortex + curse on hit + selected curse and i find it more reliable for auto cusrsing. + You can use a lvl 20 curse with it. Any opinions for that? And would i worth it spending around 9 points to get an extra curse from the tree?

Another curse would be nice however I don't feel it justifies the 9 point travel, you could look into running a doedre's or windscream in place of whispers of doom; or a +1 curse ammy if you decide to spend more. As far as curse application via cwdt + curse on hit + curse Id imagine ice nova would apply best given its much larger radius and radius from quality compared to blade vortex. I understand it won't hit as often even after the blade vortex hit/per second nerf but considering its a lv1cwdt it will proc more often than the curse duration runs out and apply to a larger number of enemies in a mapping setting.
LightyGaming.com
"
xaikman14 wrote:
Since i dont use blasphemy yet, i was using CWDT + curse set up for cursing. Now i try
the CWDT + blade vortex + curse on hit + selected curse and i find it more reliable for auto cusrsing. + You can use a lvl 20 curse with it. Any opinions for that? And would i worth it spending around 9 points to get an extra curse from the tree?

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra gem slots. Higher level Warlords Mark doesn't really do much for us as we don't need it for the leech, only the Endurance Charges.

Double Curse is interesting, and I've thought about it but never really pursued it. Going that route might justify the higher level CWDT, however you're going to end up with significantly less uptime on your curses because of it.

I don't suggest Blasphemy either way though, it just reserves too much mana to be effective and reduces your damage due to lacking auras. Using multiple curses would be even worse.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 14, 2016, 6:21:03 PM
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
xaikman14 wrote:

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra gem slots. Higher level Warlords Mark doesn't really do much for us as we don't need it for the leech, only the Endurance Charges.

Double Curse is interesting, and I've thought about it but never really pursued it. Going that route might justify the higher level CWDT, however you're going to end up with significantly less uptime on your curses because of it.

I don't suggest Blasphemy either way though, it just reserves too much mana to be effective and reduces your damage due to lacking auras. Using multiple curses would be even worse.

About blashpemy I have the same opinion. At 25% it would be ok but 35 is too much. As for cursing, CWDT is still at lvl 1, no need to go higher. It goes CWDT lvl1 / Blade vortex lvl8/ curse on hit lvl20 / curse lvl 20. maybe warlord's mark doesn't give much advantage at lvl 20, but other curses like vulnerability or enfeeble are much better at high lvl. That's why Im'thinking of adding a second one. Well i'll give it a try anyway if i get my hands on a +1 amulet or maybe windscream
"
xaikman14 wrote:
About blashpemy I have the same opinion. At 25% it would be ok but 35 is too much. As for cursing, CWDT is still at lvl 1, no need to go higher. It goes CWDT lvl1 / Blade vortex lvl8/ curse on hit lvl20 / curse lvl 20. maybe warlord's mark doesn't give much advantage at lvl 20, but other curses like vulnerability or enfeeble are much better at high lvl. That's why Im'thinking of adding a second one. Well i'll give it a try anyway if i get my hands on a +1 amulet or maybe windscream

Yeah, either of those two curses would be good bonuses, it's just a question as to whether or not the loss in the passive tree is worth it.

To get the points you need at max level, I think your best bet is to sacrifice the melee jewel cluster, and either two 5% health nodes from the Constitution cluster or the Strength/Jewel combo. I suggest jewels, because that seems to be the area that most players fail to optimize, but if you do have good jewels and are banking on Vulnerability for damage, you can give up one of the weapon damage chains instead.

Either way, it's doable, but you're going to need to give something up in the passive tree, and using that many links on curses is going to create a sacrifice there as well, most likely meaning no Kaoms/VGS or sacrifice Leap Slam/Vengeance. Doesn't mean it isn't worth trying though.
Does it make any sense even trying to kill Residence and Malformation bosses on HC? (Dominus phase 1 and Piety a4)
I will be insta-dead if got hit with "The Touch of God", right?
So should i spend currency on these maps if i skip bosses?
Also any recomendations about map mods combinations that i should avoid? (phys. reflect for sure, and some heavy dmg increase like +50% fire damage and +60% lightning damage on a single map like i had already and it was scary)
Last edited by Sattarqt on Mar 15, 2016, 5:52:46 AM
so iam lvl 68 now and I just have one problem: I get killed rly fast. I hit hard and everything just dies around me but when I get hit by only a few mobs without leaching it back instantly I am dead...

What would be the best place to start adding dev.? Armor? Res? Life?
Open your characters in profile settings, so we can give you an advice about gear.
You should have capped resits(75%) on 68 lvl (some overcap will be nice too because of possible elemental weakness), around 4.5-5k hp and ~5k armor.
Last edited by Sattarqt on Mar 15, 2016, 8:50:13 AM
I never do high lvl/very hard maps, so i have small question. How much chaos res i should have on my gear? 60 to reach 0% is enough? Or like everything in this game more=better, so maybe i should reach +75%? I'm in softcore version of perandus, and i'm champion with perma foritfy.
Last edited by DemoN_M4U on Mar 15, 2016, 9:56:08 AM
"
Sattarqt wrote:
Does it make any sense even trying to kill Residence and Malformation bosses on HC? (Dominus phase 1 and Piety a4)
I will be insta-dead if got hit with "The Touch of God", right?
So should i spend currency on these maps if i skip bosses?
Also any recomendations about map mods combinations that i should avoid? (phys. reflect for sure, and some heavy dmg increase like +50% fire damage and +60% lightning damage on a single map like i had already and it was scary)

Regarding bosses I skip malformation and run Residence, dom is alot more telegraphed and forgiving than piety2.0 is in my experience for melee. Stacking damage mods and vulnerability are rough, reflect's the obv reroll. Shocked ground is sketchy at times since it constrains your positioning. Crit chance on map can 1 shot you if its from a boss or dmg stacked rare, but I still run those. You need to find the personal balance when it comes to risk vs. reward maps. Anything t12+ I tend to run harder since the potential gain is higher.
LightyGaming.com
"
Sattarqt wrote:
Open your characters in profile settings, so we can give you an advice about gear.
You should have capped resits(75%) on 68 lvl (some overcap will be nice too because of possible elemental weakness), around 4.5-5k hp and ~5k armor.
"
Borega wrote:
so iam lvl 68 now and I just have one problem: I get killed rly fast. I hit hard and everything just dies around me but when I get hit by only a few mobs without leaching it back instantly I am dead...

What would be the best place to start adding dev.? Armor? Res? Life?

This is all good as a benchmark defensively for around level 70. Feel free to post your gear on the forums and i'll take a detailed look at and so we can give you a plan for the upcoming levels.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info