(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Vygun wrote:

CWDT doesn't use mana. As long as the attached gems are within the level range, it will work fine with 100% mana reserved.

Regarding levels, this build runs 2 CWDT setups. The first is low level for Warlords Mark, because we really only use it for the Endurance Charge, and we want it to go off as often as possible, to curse as many enemies as possible. Therefore you'll generally run a level 1-3 CWDT and low level Warlords Mark.

The second setup is for Immortal Call/Molten Shell. For this setup, we want a higher level CWDT for two reasons: 1) We don't want Immortal Call going off constantly and wasting Endurance Charges, and 2) Immortal Call and Molten Shell both have good returns on higher levels. Because of this, the second CWDT will be higher level to support those higher level gems.

To match those gems, keep an eye on the level requirement. The level CWDT requires to use is the maximum level it supports. In other words: A level 10 CWDT requires player level 56 to use, and supports other gems that require up to level 56, not the gems level. This means a L10 CWDT will support an Immortal Call up to L12.

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you Arch! Very easy to understand explanation. Overall was probably me asking too soon instead of looking things over =\ I did notice the double CWDT but did not think of it in the terms as explained. Again, the 100%RES has me tilted, haha!

The other part, would then be Leap Slam/Ground Slam (I do not have VGS) and the two former do require mana, as VGS. Is it safe to assume that this is something I will have to work around or sacrifice something until that point? Everything else seems to make sense for the most part. "End game" seems a little weird, but that is another story all in itself when the time comes, but that is off topic I suppose.

Again, thanks for the reply Arch! Much appreciated, and sorry if the questions are a bit ... amateur, sadly that is what I am in PoE haha :D
"
Vygun wrote:

Thank you Arch! Very easy to understand explanation. Overall was probably me asking too soon instead of looking things over =\ I did notice the double CWDT but did not think of it in the terms as explained. Again, the 100%RES has me tilted, haha!

The other part, would then be Leap Slam/Ground Slam (I do not have VGS) and the two former do require mana, as VGS. Is it safe to assume that this is something I will have to work around or sacrifice something until that point? Everything else seems to make sense for the most part. "End game" seems a little weird, but that is another story all in itself when the time comes, but that is off topic I suppose.

Again, thanks for the reply Arch! Much appreciated, and sorry if the questions are a bit ... amateur, sadly that is what I am in PoE haha :D

No problem, we've all been there.

I wouldn't bother using regular Ground Slam; what makes Vaal Ground Slam good is the increased damage from being a Vaal gem and zero mana cost, so you're better off just using Cyclone. That said, I honestly don't use Vaal Ground Slam much anyways just because I generally use Axes instead of Maces, but that's a personal preference and based on what gear is available to you.

For Cyclone, Leap Slam, Blood Rage, Golems, or any other ability not linked to CWDT you run will need a Blood Magic support gem linked to them if you're going to reserve 100% mana. If you aren't quite there yet on links yet, just drop Arctic Armor for awhile; it's a nice defensive boost but certainly not required.

Alternately, Hezmana's Bloodlust is a very good and fairly cheap "end game" unique weapon which automatically treats all your attacks as if they had the Blood Magic support gem. This is really good for Cyclone, as it allows you an extra link for more damage, but keep in mind that it only applies to attacks however, so you'll still need a Blood Magic gem for Bloodlust or Golems if you reserve 100% of your mana.

*Note: They aren't the best enchantments available, but you can get a mana reservation reduction helmet enchant for Hatred, Herald or Arctic Armor from Merciless Labyrinths. This will cause you to reserve a total of 95% of your Mana rather than 100%, and let you drop a Blood Magic support gem from Bloodlust and/or Leap Slam. However, it's predicated on actually getting that random enchantment.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 13, 2016, 7:05:19 PM
Did you remove the basica leveling breakdown? Like 1-45, 45-75....etc...?
"
Archimtiros wrote:

No problem, we've all been there.

I wouldn't bother using regular Ground Slam; what makes Vaal Ground Slam so good is the increased damage from being a Vaal gem, which regular Ground Slam doesn't have, so you're better off just using Cyclone. That said, I honestly don't use Vaal Ground Slam much anyways just because I generally use Axes instead of Maces.

For Cyclone, Leap Slam, Blood Rage, Golems, or any other ability not linked to CWDT you run will need a Blood Magic support gem linked to them if you're going to reserve 100% mana. If you aren't quite there yet on links yet, just drop Arctic Armor for awhile; it's a nice defensive boost but certainly not required.

Alternately, Hezmana's Bloodlust is a very good and fairly cheap "end game" unique weapon which automatically treats all your attacks as if they had the Blood Magic support gem. Note this only applies to attacks however, so you'll still need a Blood Magic gem for Bloodlust or Golems if you reserve 100% of your mana.

*Note: They aren't the best enchantments available, but you can get a mana reservation reduction helmet enchant for Hatred, Herald or Arctic Armor from Merciless Labyrinths. This will cause you to reserve a total of 95% of your Mana rather than 100%, and let you drop a Blood Magic support gem from Bloodlust and/or Leap Slam. However, it's predicated on actually getting that random enchantment.

Yea, didn't know about the head enchants, then again I am only in A2 of Merc. I also noticed Jewels that offer reduced MR but seems like a waste and far superior ones would be the "smarter" route.

Yea, currently running BM w/ cyclone, was messing around with another one (auras) but I did not like what I saw! Haha! I also looked at Hezmanas, but I will just have to make due for now, continue to progress and let things bounce around in my head, decision wise.

Yea, gear is far from optimal, I do not wish to spend the currency/craft on something that will be easily put aside down the road, so if I come across something suitable/better with the links that I can use or make work, I go ahead and snag it and mess around with it.

Overall, it seems it can all work, just have to place everything properly and such. I will have to mess around with some sockets, and like you stated, if need be, I will put AA on the bench for a little.

Thanks again for the response and the sharing of information Arch! Much Appreciated =)
"
Fargnbastage wrote:
Did you remove the basica leveling breakdown? Like 1-45, 45-75....etc...?

I did temporarily but I will be re-adding the leveling breakdown tree's when I fly back to NYC tomorrow. You should expect them very soon.
LightyGaming.com
Why use arctic armor when u dont get the statio ary buff? Why not use haste/hatred instead?
ign SanoSagara / KenshinBattousai
"
Sanosuke wrote:
Why use arctic armor when u dont get the statio ary buff? Why not use haste/hatred instead?

Because it still chills enemies, slowing their movement and attack speed, which is both a small clearspeed and defensive boost. Using Haste instead is possible, but it would remove Herald of Ash.
Hi guys,

currently leveling my duelist champion, got a question regarding gems to use.

got the permanent fortify node on the champion tree and an hezmana axe.

So I don't need, blood magic nor fortify gems.

Got a 6L chest and for the moment I use 3R 2G 1B:

cyclone > melee phy dmg > added fire damage > faster attacks > weapon elemental damage > (changing blue one depending on situation : increased area, concentrated effect or physical to lightning)

Is this a good choice or there is something better like 3R 1G 2B (removing faster attacks)? I'm leveling an elemental focus to see if it's a good choice too.

Last edited by partyboy79 on Mar 14, 2016, 9:17:17 AM
Since i dont use blasphemy yet, i was using CWDT + curse set up for cursing. Now i try
the CWDT + blade vortex + curse on hit + selected curse and i find it more reliable for auto cusrsing. + You can use a lvl 20 curse with it. Any opinions for that? And would i worth it spending around 9 points to get an extra curse from the tree?
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi guys,

currently leveling my duelist champion, got a question regarding gems to use.

got the permanent fortify node on the champion tree and an hezmana axe.

So I don't need, blood magic nor fortify gems.

Got a 6L chest and for the moment I use 3R 2G 1B:

cyclone > melee phy dmg > added fire damage > faster attacks > weapon elemental damage > (changing blue one depending on situation : increased area, concentrated effect or physical to lightning)

Is this a good choice or there is something better like 3R 1G 2B (removing faster attacks)? I'm leveling an elemental focus to see if it's a good choice too.

Inc/Conc Effect will be the best swap slot as your 6th link if hezaman & champion. I haven't fully tested elemental focus yet but I can imagine it could be stronger than inc/conc without cutting out aoe given more than 50% of our damage is ele, but will still fall behind conc in raw dps.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info