(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Dstry wrote:
How do you get enough Dex from your gear without devoto's? I'm 58 and having problem's already even while using Lioneye's Paws

My

Decided to level this after I linked the Kaom's very very easily. 22k DPS at 58 with 3.5k life

Dont use lioneyes paws! Use the unique jewel Fluid Motion to get dex (there are placement location under the Jewel Section). Alternatively like you stated Devoto's gives a large amount of dex.
LightyGaming.com
"
Zuke_ wrote:
could you look at my gear and suggest what i focus upgrading next
Spoiler

atziri runhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHKkDpzIrb8

Your jewelry is fairly weak and I would focus on that next, belts fine. Past that Taste of Hate and Rumi's Concoction are amazing and a worthwhile purchase. After all that its time to 6s6l that disfavour.
LightyGaming.com
"
D1Gz wrote:
Hey buddy, I am just returning to game after not playing for 1-2 years and I am looking at your build and have made the tree. I see some of my items may not be so great to use anymore.

Current gear:

My gem set ups are probably way out of date because of how long I have been inactive. Also is being frozen not a big issue anymore? i see a lot of people arnt using alpha howl etc anymore.

Just tried the fortify gem and it only boosts my attack by 1k, does it work a different way that doesnt show up?

Any tips on where to go as a returning player would be greatly appreciated. thx :)

So you own a legacy kaoms which is roughly 250 exalted. Im not sure if your aware of this but dont sell it, it will only go up in price as time goes on. So there are a few things you should realize coming back to the game. Reduced mana doesn't effect aura reservation anymore. Enduring cry is classified as a warcry and cannot be used with cast when damage taken; or spell echo anymore.Deterministic Lockstep essentially removed Dysync which made melee viable in Hardcore again. Cyclone gem got reworked in a few ways and its mana cost no longer scales with levels aswell. They added act 4, Jewels that socket into your passive tree and a litany of uniques. I highly suggest you read 2.0 and 2.1 patch notes.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jan 15, 2016, 3:31:53 PM
"
Thanks again for the guide.

At what physical DPS level in an axe is it worth upgrading from Hezmana?

You can use hezmana until you save up 8-10ex for a cheap disfavour. Or buy a 600pdps rare which is going to be roughly the same price as disfavour but never as good.
LightyGaming.com
"
scorpionsick wrote:
Quick question : Which is better, Rare 6L or Belly 5L? (i dont have much money to invest,only 3-4ex)

I already have 6,4k hp and i will lose 500-600 hp to turn for a rare chest if i want,but ill gain 1 socket for cyclone..

With 4ex you can most likely finish the Celestial Justicar Set for a 6l Astral Plate which is great for all melee builds. Make sure you hand the cards in on an lv80+ character as the item level of the Astral is based off the character level you hand the cards in with (capped at lv80). From there you just chaos spam it until you get life and 2 res for a decent body.
LightyGaming.com
Hey man i am bumpiing this incase you did not see it and also i changed my belt to this
Spoiler
so i dropped 2 passive nodes for res and got life nodes again.
"
Sairalinde wrote:
Hey Lighty, thank you so much for this awesome guide to help noobs like me to enjoy the game without being crushed :D i really liked to play your build. Below there is my gear, if you could commend on it what should i upgrade or is there anything wrong in my gear it, it would be great. And to cap my resistance i get some resistance nodes on passive tree is it a big down for build ? And last of all could you give a little information about which gem should i get quailty first? Thank you in advance.
Spoiler

Level 95 following (and loving) this guide for the second league in a row and easing through t15 maps and other end game.

I've never tried a lightning coil and was wondering if it was really worth it and THAT much better than a high armour astral plate like this one:

Do you think it would be worth it get a 6l lightning coil and would I see a noticeable difference? Surviving hasn't' generally been a problem but came across some currency and was wondering if it was worth throwing it at a 6l Lightning Coil.

Thanks in advance and thanks for a great guide.
"
Migosha wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:
i ve thinking about upgrading the gear

better weapon + 6L or
6L armour

what would u recommend? Buy new 6L wep 550pdps for cca <10ex
Buy good one 600+pdps and fusing it (which would cost more, cca 15ex)

maybe the reason why i failed atziri was because:

auto blood rage with cwdt1
no purity of fire aura <=> herald of ash

By talking about a good 600 pdps weapon you can name it Atziri's Disfavor :p
I'd definitly go for that if you got the money. Paying around 10 ex for a 550 pdps and then having to buy Disfavor is of no interest imo. Better to take directly the top top tier one, if you can afford it (and I guess you can).
A rare could do the same but it's a really rare bird, like Lighty's one. The +2 support gem level adds a lot of dps, the +2 range is some confort for mapping. I can't tell for the bleeding if it brings something to the table or not.

If it's for taking something else, then you'd better finish your Lightning Coil in a 6L version. Moreover when you have a lovely Legacy one with nearly perfect stats. It definitly deserves some care!! ;)

For Atziri you don't really need Purity of Fire once you get the fight. When learning it can help I'd guess but it's only 4% max fire resistance, that won't help you much when you chain fail on avoiding the Flameblasts. And it's only for Flameblast, Spear is physical and Storm Call is lightning. If you really want something to save you against fails then take Ruby / Topaz flasks, they'll bring you 10% max resistance which is better than the aura and won't hurt your dps unlike removing Herald of Ash.

Good info and adding to this I would purchase Atziri disfavour unlinked (unless you can find a 6sxl for little more than unlinked) and 6L your high roll legacy coil. For atziri herself the fight is heavily practice based since all the entire fight is mechanical it can be accomplished with literally 1 life. All her abilities are heavily telegraphed and avoidable so with practice you will have little trouble with her, bring 1 topaz for the mass-stormcall attack is okay as the placement pattern can be problematic for builds without a good movement skill.
LightyGaming.com
"
MEELIX wrote:
Heey Just want to say THANKS ALOT for this build light and all your hard Work. Hope you will make a build on the new Earthquake skill gem for the expansion. well Ty for evrything Bro i keep faceowning !!! :D

Thank you very much and depending how the new earthquake skill works it can possibly be used en-place of cyclone for this build very similar to how you can swap in ice crash, sweep and groundslam without needing to change your tree or gear.
LightyGaming.com
"
ShockerzQc wrote:
Thanks for this build . This is the most fun build i ever played yet ! Im a casual player but i try to make 1 caracther per season . This one is really fun to play . Normaly when i hit 75 i start to be bored but not i just have mad fun . Thanks you !!

Now . Here my equipement . I wonder what i should change first ? I'm not rich too so no exalt etc.

Thanks !

Your very welcome and first thing I would change is your lioneye's paws. I assume your wearing them due to dexterity but using a Fluid Motion unique jewel (check jewel section for optimal placement) is far superior and being able to wear nice 30% movement speed boots. Ventor's gamble is fine for the casual ir/iq although jewelry is a large place to gain dexterity/intelligence aside from the tree. Most your rares are okay-decent and if possible try to get life on your chest, to give you some perspective T1 life on a chest is 110 to 119 (Rapturous) so its a fine place to gain life. Since you play casually gaining mass amounts of currency is a long term goal for you so I suggest using the weapon Kongor's Undying Rage and attempting to 6s6l it, at the very least 6 socket and 5link. Let me know how you progress!
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info