(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
D1Gz wrote:

At the bottom of your passive tree near the jewel node do you need that dex node that connects to the jewel? because you can use the str node instead on the other side... or even yet just get the jewel node over by the life wheel for only 1 point instead of 2.

wow I am an idiot! Thank you for pointing that out lol.
"
Baldrick wrote:
"
D1Gz wrote:

At the bottom of your passive tree near the jewel node do you need that dex node that connects to the jewel? because you can use the str node instead on the other side... or even yet just get the jewel node over by the life wheel for only 1 point instead of 2.

wow I am an idiot! Thank you for pointing that out lol.

np, hope you gain something out of it.
With Hatred and CWDT + Arctic Breath, will Hypothermia be better than Added Fire/Weapon Elemental Damage?

Current Gear at 80.

4643 Health
76/75/75 Resistances
3581 Armor
1614 Evasion

I'm trying to flip some more stuff until I can nab an atziri's disfavour and I also have a Kaom's. I'm at the point where I think the health feels safer. I feel squishy
Hey Lighty,

I try to follow your guide and it work fine until now.
I am Ghroot, at the begining of merciless, level 57.

How do you think of Empire's Grasp Goliath Gauntlets?
It's not in your recommand list of uniques, but it seems to have interesting properties in my level. Is it useless when I reach an higher level?

Thanks for your guide,
Ghroot
Thanks for the guide, Lighty.

I have a 6s 5L Hegemony's staff that's 484 dps, so that will be my weapon of choice. I figured I could use RT until I have enough accuracy and then drop RT later on. Here's your tree with the staff nodes, could you let me know if I'm missing anything?

Thanks a bunch

Edit: I'm still trying to decide on which 5L I will go with, do you have a personal favorite? I can't decide between the Carcass, Belly, or Daresso.

Anyone else is free to chime in as well.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEABLMFLQU8B3UJlgm7C2EMXw48FCAUcRiRGjgcpyFVJyAnLyz7OQ46UjwFPC1AoEa3R35IeEnVUEdTpVdUWfNeE18_YVJlTWhYaGVo8mvZcql07XZ_dqx673uMfNl-4IIHg1-ExITZhO-FUoZgh2qJ2IoiirOQVZOol3meV6IAqSeplKyqrY2vbLyfvTa-p8BmwKbEWMT2xVPGrs9-02_Xltlh2Xzawdwy3D3kUeoY6wnvDu9O73zwH_Nv8932SPcy-Ot4elhjjM89_Ni9_gq3PoPM8kG5Q6el1YtKLu1EkwfJZ0FyvJo0joY7

Edit: Typo ;)
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
Last edited by Bmxant on Jan 15, 2016, 3:23:40 PM
"
McFeegle wrote:
Hey Lighty,

I try to follow your guide and it work fine until now.
I am Ghroot, at the begining of merciless, level 57.

How do you think of Empire's Grasp Goliath Gauntlets?
It's not in your recommand list of uniques, but it seems to have interesting properties in my level. Is it useless when I reach an higher level?

Thanks for your guide,
Ghroot
The problem will likely be how do you plan on activating the knockback? I would imagine the chance is not too high on your normal cyclone and it wouldn't be worth stopping to do another attack. You could possibly do you leap slam/movement skill in the glove slot and use it for that purpose but the loss of a possible triple resist and life roll is pretty hefty.

Just my $0.02.
"
TeamNobility wrote:
What's your current tooltip DPS, just so I can compare. I'm level 73 with Hezmana atm

Roughly 100K without flasks or charges
LightyGaming.com
"
andrew8448 wrote:
With Hatred and CWDT + Arctic Breath, will Hypothermia be better than Added Fire/Weapon Elemental Damage?

"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

Thank you for bumping as I occasionally miss questions when I dont check forum for a day and have 5 pages to respond to. So bloodlust will give more dps than added fire for sure, the issue becomes applying the bleed with an attack that's not the attack in which bloodlust is linked to. From what ive tested and the general consensus of others its best to apply bleed using a disfavour with leap slam + vengeance when engaging combat so the bleed doesn't come from cyclone, which then grants the bloodlust buff to cyclone. I believe your calculations are correct and for example if you had 100 tooltip you would have 161 with bloodlust. To your faster attacks question the only time its better than wed is if your bloodmagic keystone and dont have hatred or herald of ash to grant wed to scale off of.

Thank you for your answers.

And yes, I am using Disfavour already and that's why I was wondering. Pretty much planning Ascendancy choices right now. Currently leap slamming and vengeance are my ways of proc'ing the bleed atm.

Also, doesn't Added Fire give more dps than WED 100% of the time?
The only time I seen WED give more is with Hatred + HoA (which should be used anyways) but like, if I had to pick one or the other, it's always correct to go with Added Fire, simply due to tooltip numbers, right?

PS. Going with the logic of "More" modifiers giving more than "Increased" modifiers. Does it make sense to try Hypothermia over Added Fire/WED? Any experience there, Lighty? Seeing as I already use Arctic Armour and Cwdt with Arctic Breath and GMP, does Hypothermia seem like a no-brainer? Asking because, too lazy to re-colour and self test >.<

Added fire will give more damage than WeD since its scaling directly off our weapons pdps and its the preferred 5th slot (4th if you drop fort). Yeah hypothermia is good if you can keep the target always chilled which Is slightly hard to do sometimes do to its relatively low duration from AB and our cyclone radius being larger than arctic armours chill application.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jan 15, 2016, 8:52:29 PM
"
KCCO wrote:
Thanks a lot for this build, it is extremely solid!
But quick question, im playing this on HC and was wondering what your thoughts on auras are. Do you think its best to run hatred+herald of ash+arctic armor or hatred+determination?

Thanks!

I would still suggest using Hatred + AA + Hoa even on hardcore. I find determination unnecessary but you can always level it and swap it in for specific fights like Dungeon or Colonnade that deal massive phys damage. Remember a dead man cant do dps so better to play it safe than sorry on HC.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info