(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"started playing POE 3 weeks ago"

* has 6-link Disfavour + 6-link 2k armour chest + lvl93 char *

I'm kinda jealous. You must be a much better (or at least more dedicated) player than myself.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
Dragonide wrote:
So far I'm trying to figure out how to activate Hatred + Haste + HoA using Conqurer's Efficiency. How do I get the remaining 18% reserved mana reduction?

I explain it in the aura section but you need to get the sovereignty and champion of the cause aura clusters.
LightyGaming.com
"
Belton wrote:
"
So far I'm trying to figure out how to activate Hatred + Haste + HoA using Conqurer's Efficiency. How do I get the remaining 18% reserved mana reduction?

Level 4 enlighten inside Disfavour= 80% mana multiplier (40/40/20)

You would need a 6Link chest to run cyclone out of to do this though.

Yes technically this works although its totally not needed or wanted. You loose both the support gem levels to your cyclone setup and you cant cause bleed anymore which is a decent dps boost.
LightyGaming.com
Belton, you just made my day ! 3 weeks old and already that kind of end game gear (yes, the 6-L disfavour and the 6-L 2K armor are "somehow" powerful)... Your guild knows how to welcome someone, dear god. Bwaaah ! Sobbing loudly.

A little bit older than that in the game and the wall has been set a tad bit before 93 thanks to equipment (but I have faith in my respecced first character that is slowly but surely approching 90).
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Belton, you just made my day ! 3 weeks old and already that kind of end game gear (yes, the 6-L disfavour and the 6-L 2K armor are "somehow" powerful)... Your guild knows how to welcome someone, dear god. Bwaaah ! Sobbing loudly.

A little bit older than that in the game and the wall has been set a tad bit before 93 thanks to equipment (but I have faith in my respecced first character that is slowly but surely approching 90).

Guild had nothing to do with it, quite the contrary actually. Most of them have 1-5 ex worth of gear and are just starting as well. I found a wind ripper in my early 80s which I used to fuel purchases of the divination card "the last one standing" for 1-1.5 ex each. The 6 link took 312 fuse. The chest, was also from divination cards and just had a lucky roll with chaos.

In regards to overall wealth I primarily trade currencies and In doing so can easily make 2-3ex a day. Also, not working atm hence the level (I play a lot)
Last edited by Belton on Sep 4, 2015, 6:57:58 PM
"
Belton wrote:
Hey Lighty- Thanks for the guide. I have deviated somewhat from your talent tree, going a bit more defensive in certain areas, Overall however this has been my go to guide to check in on upgrades and talents!

I'm playing Warbands and have hit somewhat of a wall as to what I should upgrade next, and I was wondering your thoughts as to which piece I should focus on. Thanks in advance!

Oh also, I recently got the 6link chest, and I can't think of what to put into it-- if you have any ideas, please let me know!

Running with ~28k dps (35-45 with conc effect) 5500 life, 11000 armor, 180+ res to all (I like not having to gear swap for ele. weakness maps) 650 life per second, and a decent amount of leech (can't think of the exact number off the top of my head, but around 4% with blood rage)
I am overshooting res cap by quite a bit, even with elemental weakness so I was thinking about dropping Doryani's for a high life+phys dmg+armor+elemental dmg belt as headhunter is all but inaccessible in warbands. Started playing POE 3 weeks ago, so this is my first time around with a character and I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point gear/spec wise. Currently level 93. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Congrats on level 93 and getting this far for a newer player; so lets get started!
First thing I noticed is your running empower with your vengeance setup, this is okay but enhance gives 6% quality per level (24% @ lv4) and you get .5% chance to counter attack per quality which comes out to 12% more chance to counterattack which is actually alot. Your chests link; so cwdt doesn't work with enduring cry, just at all. cwdt+ Ice nova + curse on hit + curse is fine but you can just have curse + cwdt and it will fill a very similar roll for 2 less sockets; I realize you may be doing this to run a higher level warlords mark compared to using it with cwdt taken @lv5 but overall its not worth the 2 sockets imo. MY #1 suggest secondary 6l for those who use a non-kaoms chest is vaal cyclone(2-3) + inc duration + life gain on hit + fortify; it serves a very very awesome roll while mapping with a party and unless you suck in a herald of the obelisk or flame/ice/storm-bearers pack, you always survive. The one downside to vaal cyclone is although you cannot be stunned or knocked by while using cyclone it seems you CAN be stunned ( not knocked back ) using vaal cyclone, so occasionally it will just stop. All of your rare gear is 100% fine and the only unique suggestions I would make are lightning coil or Kaoms Heart for chest ( considering the current state of overtuned physical monsters ) & Ming's heart for a ring if you can afford the resistance; considering it offers desired chaos res and give a nice dps boost. Headhunter is the hyper endgame dream and its just as likely you will reach 100 before you can gather 120ex to buy on; but its best in slot for mapping if you can ( for almost every build ). When you get to 95 why not give uber atziri a few attempts; I tried with slightly better gear than yours and its extremely difficult although I think its technically possible ( not a good uber farming build at all ).
LightyGaming.com
"
scrooge999 wrote:
"started playing POE 3 weeks ago"

* has 6-link Disfavour + 6-link 2k armour chest + lvl93 char *

I'm kinda jealous. You must be a much better (or at least more dedicated) player than myself.

Play often or just make good use of the time you do play, fallow a guide and watch a few videos on how to make currency in a newer league; map all the time. It can be very achievable; like you said, dedication :D

LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Belton wrote:
Hey Lighty- Thanks for the guide. I have deviated somewhat from your talent tree, going a bit more defensive in certain areas, Overall however this has been my go to guide to check in on upgrades and talents!

I'm playing Warbands and have hit somewhat of a wall as to what I should upgrade next, and I was wondering your thoughts as to which piece I should focus on. Thanks in advance!

Oh also, I recently got the 6link chest, and I can't think of what to put into it-- if you have any ideas, please let me know!

Running with ~28k dps (35-45 with conc effect) 5500 life, 11000 armor, 180+ res to all (I like not having to gear swap for ele. weakness maps) 650 life per second, and a decent amount of leech (can't think of the exact number off the top of my head, but around 4% with blood rage)
I am overshooting res cap by quite a bit, even with elemental weakness so I was thinking about dropping Doryani's for a high life+phys dmg+armor+elemental dmg belt as headhunter is all but inaccessible in warbands. Started playing POE 3 weeks ago, so this is my first time around with a character and I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point gear/spec wise. Currently level 93. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Congrats on level 93 and getting this far for a newer player; so lets get started!
First thing I noticed is your running empower with your vengeance setup, this is okay but enhance gives 6% quality per level (24% @ lv4) and you get .5% chance to counter attack per quality which comes out to 12% more chance to counterattack which is actually alot. Your chests link; so cwdt doesn't work with enduring cry, just at all. cwdt+ Ice nova + curse on hit + curse is fine but you can just have curse + cwdt and it will fill a very similar roll for 2 less sockets; I realize you may be doing this to run a higher level warlords mark compared to using it with cwdt taken @lv5 but overall its not worth the 2 sockets imo. MY #1 suggest secondary 6l for those who use a non-kaoms chest is vaal cyclone(2-3) + inc duration + life gain on hit + fortify; it serves a very very awesome roll while mapping with a party and unless you suck in a herald of the obelisk or flame/ice/storm-bearers pack, you always survive. The one downside to vaal cyclone is although you cannot be stunned or knocked by while using cyclone it seems you CAN be stunned ( not knocked back ) using vaal cyclone, so occasionally it will just stop. All of your rare gear is 100% fine and the only unique suggestions I would make are lightning coil or Kaoms Heart for chest ( considering the current state of overtuned physical monsters ) & Ming's heart for a ring if you can afford the resistance; considering it offers desired chaos res and give a nice dps boost. Headhunter is the hyper endgame dream and its just as likely you will reach 100 before you can gather 120ex to buy on; but its best in slot for mapping if you can ( for almost every build ). When you get to 95 why not give uber atziri a few attempts; I tried with slightly better gear than yours and its extremely difficult although I think its technically possible ( not a good uber farming build at all ).

Great! Will give the suggestions a shot. Thanks for the quick response. The enduring cry in chest is just there so I can have enduring cry, wasn't trying to link it to cwdt- the empower is just there so I can level it and sell it at level 3 (I run 3 enlightens and 3 empowers in my back up weps to sell when leveled)
Enduring cry I could just put in helm I suppose,... I was using a kaoms previously but sold it prior to 2.0.3 dropping because of the announced drop rate buff I thought it wise to sell for 5ex as opposed to what (it could be) following the drop rate buff. Personally however I like the 2000 armour and links more than the 500 health. I am pretty comfortable at 5500 (around 7k with kaoms) and the chest gives me something like 5000 armour more than kaoms which ends up being like 15-20% physical mitigation. The new chest however I just got last night so I'm sure you can tell I just kind of threw stuff in there so I could get back to mapping.
"
Belton wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Belton wrote:

Great! Will give the suggestions a shot. Thanks for the quick response. The enduring cry in chest is just there so I can have enduring cry, wasn't trying to link it to cwdt- the empower is just there so I can level it and sell it at level 3 (I run 3 enlightens and 3 empowers in my back up weps to sell when leveled)
Enduring cry I could just put in helm I suppose,... I was using a kaoms previously but sold it prior to 2.0.3 dropping because of the announced drop rate buff I thought it wise to sell for 5ex as opposed to what (it could be) following the drop rate buff. Personally however I like the 2000 armour and links more than the 500 health. I am pretty comfortable at 5500 (around 7k with kaoms) and the chest gives me something like 5000 armour more than kaoms which ends up being like 15-20% physical mitigation. The new chest however I just got last night so I'm sure you can tell I just kind of threw stuff in there so I could get back to mapping.

Yeah the increase of the t1 drop rates should be nice overall so your selling kaoms makes sense. Sounds good, let me know your progress!
LightyGaming.com
Sorry Belton, I was assuming this was not possible. You are just two or three leagues beyond what I understand about this game (the 2-3 exalts a day by trading currencies for instance). Congrats.

Edit : Belton and Lighty, would you recommend a guide about becoming rich in PoE ? I watched some videos but the vendor recipes, though helping, are not enough to get many exalts.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Sep 5, 2015, 4:18:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info