(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hi Lighty,

Thanks for this very well explained build, easy to follow and often updated.

I respecced a 1.3 MF cycloner (level 87) in your 2.0 (some changes to get a bit of resist and life) and I just started playing again with him.

Yet, my DPS is faaaaaaar (yes that far) from yours (around 10k, 11k at best when everything is activated) and I'm wondering if you could tell me if my changes to the tree explain much of that difference or if my weapon (which I found yesterday and is a dps improvement from last one) is the cause of it. That and the fact I can't 6-link yet.

My main weapon :

My culler (not relevant on this subject) :

Defenses :

The jewelry (MF, MF, MF) :

I guess the amulet has room for much improvement.

The jewels (that I can't link here for some reason):
Two 24/12/12 elemental res (one with 6% speed attack with axes).
Conqueror's efficiency while waiting for Enlighten to level up.
A 7 attack speed with axes / 10% area damage in addition.

The flasks (quite classic, I guess, for a MF character) :

Wanting to keep MF, I don't even know what I could take off (as I can't pay for god gear with MF : this gear I self found little by little or bought at low price and the amulet and divination were given to me by a friend). The gloves are subpar when it comes to attack and I'm looking at them, but the 50 IIR is so huge...

My passive tree :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMFLQU8B3UJlgthDjwTTBQgFHEX4RiRGjgaPhznIVUm-CcgLPswdzkOOlI8BTwtPfxAoEa3R35IeE4yUEdXVFhjWfNZ_l4TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZlRnm2hlaPJyD3KpdO12rHrve3R82X31g1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiiKKs4zPkFWQbJOolG-XeaIAqSeplKyqrj6uUK9stz68n702vqfAZsCmwaPEFcT2xVPGrsbYz37Tb9i92sHcMtw94mHkUeoY7w7vTu988B_yL_Pd9kj3Mvjr_go=?accountName=Pingouinmalin&characterName=Hrun_the_Hublander
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Aug 30, 2015, 8:05:11 AM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Hi Lighty,

Thanks for this very well explained build, easy to follow and often updated.

I respecced a 1.3 MF cycloner (level 87) in your 2.0 (some changes to get a bit of resist and life) and I just started playing again with him.

Yet, my DPS is faaaaaaar (yes that far) from yours (around 10k, 11k at best when everything is activated) and I'm wondering if you could tell me if my changes to the tree explain much of that difference or if my weapon (which I found yesterday and is a dps improvement from last one) is the cause of it. That and the fact I can't 6-link yet.

My main weapon :

My culler (not relevant on this subject) :

Defenses :

The jewelry (MF, MF, MF) :

I guess the amulet has room for much improvement.

The jewels (that I can't link here for some reason):
Two 24/12/12 elemental res (one with 6% speed attack with axes).
Conqueror's efficiency while waiting for Enlighten to level up.
A 7 attack speed with axes / 10% area damage in addition.

The flasks (quite classic, I guess, for a MF character) :

Wanting to keep MF, I don't even know what I could take off (as I can't pay for god gear with MF : this gear I self found little by little or bought at low price and the amulet and divination were given to me by a friend). The gloves are subpar when it comes to attack and I'm looking at them, but the 50 IIR is so huge...

My passive tree

Okay so having 2H RT Cyclone as mf is fine overall and yes the gear requirement is higher and your dps/life will be lower; but that's the overall price you pay for mf. There are no "cheap" life based items that are worthy later on aside from andvarius imo; personally I would swap out aurseizes for legacy Sadim''s Touch which are not hyper expensive and 24% quantity > 50% rarity considering your IQ starved atm. Something else I would suggest is [ Vaal cyclone + IQ + IR + Culling Strike ] opposed to the weapon swap; at least for mapping ( for boss's/rare I would still weapon swap for the 40ir ). Your tree seems fine and don't forget you "can" get IR on jewels although its a very rare roll it seems. The #1 thing I would suggest is getting a 5-6L Kaoms Primacy as its plenty dps and has culling strike built it, solves a few of your problems.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 1, 2015, 12:28:19 AM

Added [ Max Block Sword & Board Cyclone ] aka what im currently playing in tempest (3 deaths & re-rolls later). Solid so far and will update the sub-section when I get around lv90 along with a video guide & screen shots.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 1, 2015, 3:23:32 AM
Question from @ParisTexasHilton

what body is best?

Answer:

@ParisTexasHilton best in order for body's
[ legacy kaoms > legacy lightning coil > kaoms > lightning coil > 2k+ armour rare > belly of the beast > carcass jack > daresso's > bronns lithe ]

Order subject to changed based on the physical damage meta but atm from the overtuned physical damage from enemies this works best from my experience, if you can get 7k+ life with legacy lightning coil, that would be best.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 3, 2015, 5:33:43 AM
Hey, thanks for this guide, looks very solid :)
What about Maligaro's Restraint in this build? Isnt that what you're using in the video?
Dear god no; I was using Headhunter, Maligaro's is just for the cool purple bubble effect that is now transferable via Skin Transfer.
LightyGaming.com
Hello Guys :)

I got an Problem with my Skill gems...
Wanna buy a new Chest (Kaoms or Lightning Coil) but dunno if a 5L is needet or if i can swap out some gems and go Kaoms...
can u help me maybe? :D

which Gems should i swap out?
Atm i got 0 mana cause 2x50% auras, i use hatred and haste but was thinking about hatred and both heralds but this would be an additional socket...
after i bought a new chest i will try to 6L my weapon so dont count in this socket for anything else :)
should i drop my cwdt setup and veangeance and use enduring cry every 10sec? or just dont use any vaal gems (atm im using 2...sometimes 3)...

can someone link his skill gem setupt hes using 95% of the time? :D

Thx for help :D

Spoiler

So far I'm trying to figure out how to activate Hatred + Haste + HoA using Conqurer's Efficiency. How do I get the remaining 18% reserved mana reduction?
"
So far I'm trying to figure out how to activate Hatred + Haste + HoA using Conqurer's Efficiency. How do I get the remaining 18% reserved mana reduction?

Level 4 enlighten inside Disfavour= 80% mana multiplier (40/40/20)

You would need a 6Link chest to run cyclone out of to do this though.
Hey Lighty- Thanks for the guide. I have deviated somewhat from your talent tree, going a bit more defensive in certain areas, Overall however this has been my go to guide to check in on upgrades and talents!

I'm playing Warbands and have hit somewhat of a wall as to what I should upgrade next, and I was wondering your thoughts as to which piece I should focus on. Thanks in advance!

Oh also, I recently got the 6link chest, and I can't think of what to put into it-- if you have any ideas, please let me know!

Running with ~28k dps (35-45 with conc effect) 5500 life, 11000 armor, 180+ res to all (I like not having to gear swap for ele. weakness maps) 650 life per second, and a decent amount of leech (can't think of the exact number off the top of my head, but around 4% with blood rage)
I am overshooting res cap by quite a bit, even with elemental weakness so I was thinking about dropping Doryani's for a high life+phys dmg+armor+elemental dmg belt as headhunter is all but inaccessible in warbands. Started playing POE 3 weeks ago, so this is my first time around with a character and I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point gear/spec wise. Currently level 93. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Last edited by Belton on Sep 4, 2015, 4:27:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info