Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

I am wondering. I see a few builds, including Realize that only use Vaal Arc and not the normal Arc.

And since you can not cast vaal Arc all the time, only after you have "filled" it with souls, how do you guys go around and farm maps?

Do you always use only storm brand?
"
Loler_rev wrote:
Hi, I started playing PoE when there was 2 weeks left for the Delve League to finish, so, this is my first "serious" build that I try in the game.

Currently, I am able to run maps from t13 to t15, I can even try t16 but the bosses destroy me, I dont have problems with normal mobs, but sometimes I struggle with the syndicate in higher tier maps.

Yay! My favorite question!

1 - chaos resist is very helpful on syndicate, pull points from the bottom life ring to purity of flesh top left small ring, and watch for other chaos resist opportunities in gear.

2 - Try spire. Go back a few pages and you'll see many posts on it. It is literally the boss bomb... Tried and loved by many.

3 - ditch combat focus and rapture pause Jewel and spend two points on the socket above devotion. Consider using those for resists to sell one ring and grab wrath in a worm and a wrath leech watcher. Worth it.
If my next annul takes of t1 extra chaos im gonna lose it! 6 down..like what are the odds jesus.
"
b1zm4rk wrote:
I am wondering. I see a few builds, including Realize that only use Vaal Arc and not the normal Arc.

And since you can not cast vaal Arc all the time, only after you have "filled" it with souls, how do you guys go around and farm maps?

Do you always use only storm brand?

Vaal arc includes regular arc functionality, and it is tagged duration (from the vaal part) so it benefits from the very expensive +2 levels to duration gems corruption.

Very high end.
"
ShawnDream wrote:
"
Loler_rev wrote:
Hi, I started playing PoE when there was 2 weeks left for the Delve League to finish, so, this is my first "serious" build that I try in the game.

Currently, I am able to run maps from t13 to t15, I can even try t16 but the bosses destroy me, I dont have problems with normal mobs, but sometimes I struggle with the syndicate in higher tier maps.

Yay! My favorite question!

1 - chaos resist is very helpful on syndicate, pull points from the bottom life ring to purity of flesh top left small ring, and watch for other chaos resist opportunities in gear.

2 - Try spire. Go back a few pages and you'll see many posts on it. It is literally the boss bomb... Tried and loved by many and excellent at smashing syndicate packs as you Dodge.

3 - ditch combat focus and rapture pause Jewel and spend two points on the socket above devotion. Consider using those for resists to sell one ring and grab wrath in a worm and a wrath leech watcher. Worth it.
"
Loler_rev wrote:

I have a couple of exalteds saved, and I dont know what changes to do, any suggestions will be appreciated, as I dont know how to get the max out of my currency to equip my character.

I just created a post in the discussion forum and I was advised to swap one of my rings (which I bought yesterday), so, I wouldn't like to swap them so soon and I'd like to focus in other aspects of my build such as: my weapons (I use 2 sceptres), helm, boots, gloves, or equipped jewels, that I guess will be easier to improve.

(...)

The main reason you're dying is you only have Flame Dash available to you as a movement option. You tried to make it faster and more reliable with faster casting and Empower, but it's still limited by the fact that you only have 3 charges and it's still inferior to Whirling Blades in terms of reliability.

You also have no way of proccing Fortify, as you're using your off-hand to level gems instead of using Leap Slam in it. You can level gems in your weapon swap slots and should make use of all your skill gem slots in your main gear.

Since your off-hand has only one useful offensive affix on it (disregarding the implicit and the crafted mod) and only has two sockets, you can get an upgrade to that with 3 linked sockets for 1 chaos, should you want to keep using scepters, but your main-hand isn't particularly good either, so it would be a perfect time to switch to daggers. Get two cheap ones (<10 chaos) with two or three of the following modifiers and room to craft a third/fourth: cast speed, spell damage, flat lightning damage to spells, attack speed. Recolor one of them to allow you to socket Whirling Blades supported by Faster Attacks and Fortify.

For some reason you picked up Spiritual Command, even though attack speed does nothing for you currently (also keep in mind that Spiritual Command does nothing for your cast speed, only your minions'!). While it might seem a good idea to keep it after getting Whirling Blades, you can get 5% more attack speed and 12% more cast speed by moving those points into the 3 attack/cast speed nodes to the left of Coordination.

Throw away all your jewels except for Clear Mind and the abyss jewel in your belt. Spend some currency on Hypnotic Eye Jewels with >30 life and at least one useful damage affix (flat lightning damage to spells, %shock effect, cast speed). You can make up for any lost resistances from your helm and gloves, both of which are pretty bad and can be upgraded for under 10 chaos.

No Opal Ring can top the damage buff that Essence Worm with lvl20 Wrath socketed in it can provides, and the one in your right ring slot has a crafted mod that does nothing for you as it only affects attacks, not spells. Sell it and get an Essence Worm, which will enable you to pick up a Wrath leech Watcher's Eye in the future, to solve all your mana sustain problems.

Craft a prefix on your belt (+mana or %increased damage are your best options) and get boots with 3 resistances (if you can afford it, make the third chaos). I recommend using the veiled %increased movement speed + immune to chill prefix on your boots, as you don't really need much movement speed once you have Whirling Blades, but chill immunity is very useful to have.

If you get a better Bone Helmet, use Blessed Orbs on it to raise the implicit %increased minion damage mod to high-end values, it's a cheap damage boost but your current one isn't worth keeping.

Unspec 5 small passive nodes from the life wheel near Scion start and spend them to pick up the life nodes in the Purity of Flesh cluster. You have no chaos resistance whatsoever, so this should help you survive Syndicate encounters, Mastermind, Atzoatl and a couple of map bosses much easier.

Upgrade your mana flask to Eternal and replace your Quicksilver flask with a Sulphur flask of Warding (a good prefix for it would be Experimenters to increase its duration). You won't need Quicksilver flask once you get Whirling Blades, but you will need curse immunity in less than optimally rolled maps against bosses and the occasional silence from a rare mob with Hexfont. Also pick up the Alchemist notable passive as you level up. If you get enough jewels with %shock effect, you can unspec elemental focus for now and add the 2 points towards it. The third will come from you finding out which quest you forgot to do in the story mode by typing /passives in the in-game chat, as you have one less passive point than you should for your level.

Lastly, quality the following gems to boost their effectiveness: Storm Brand, Mana Leech Support, Flame Dash.

Use Whirling Blades a lot between Arc casts and you'll have no trouble surviving against even T16 bosses and Syndicate members.
Why not shaped 40% ed scepters over Sais? Wondering.
"
jfiend13 wrote:

You can't use Whirling Blades with scepters, and Leap Slam feels clunkier for movement, plus the extra 12% block chance helps with avoiding attacks more often than some would think.

The 2*40% increased elemental damage adds up to around 5-8% damage boost for an average geared player, the loss of which is offset by being able to reposition and start casting Arc faster.
Last edited by sny83 on Jan 28, 2019, 6:14:13 PM
"
sny83 wrote:
"
jfiend13 wrote:

You can't use Whirling Blades with scepters, and Leap Slam feels clunkier for movement, plus the extra 12% block chance helps with avoiding attacks more often than some would think.

The 2*40% increased elemental damage adds up to around 5-8% damage boost for an average geared player, the loss of which is offset by being able to reposition and start casting Arc faster.

Cool ty spent some on a couple hsaped sais. have one at 20% and one at 19% wanted to be sure it was the WB aspect. I feel the dmg isnt even noticable with how much it puts out anyways
Last edited by jfiend13 on Jan 28, 2019, 6:19:51 PM
My currerent gear....taking suggestions on what i can upgrade. Everything that has multi-mod i crafted myself, but i feel squishy,currently Lvl 98, 5.4k life/2.2k mana. Have 20ex for upgrades/recrafting. Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info