Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Hah, fair enough. I was on my phone when I wrote that and couldn't see your whole skill tree.

So, disregarding the other variations you've made with passive skill point allocation (Fangs of the Viper, Nullification, Revenge of the Hunted), if I were to gain one more level (currently level 97) and spec Phase Acrobatics into my own build, this would be the requisite trade-off:

Lose:
43% increased maximum life
+8% to chaos resistance
26% increased effect of flasks on you
10% increased flask effect duration

Gain:
+70 to dexterity
30% chance to dodge spell hits
30% chance to dodge attack hits
10% additional chance to dodge attack hits
50% less armor
30% less energy shield
30% less chance to block spell and attack damage

Can anyone offer insight on the trade-off? I'm capable of plugging these changes into PoB, but I don't know how to meaningfully interpret the stat changes.

Edit: according to PoB, this seems to result in the loss of about 700 life, 150 energy shield, and 7% chance to block attack damage, plus the increased flask effect/duration noted above. The payoff is 40% chance to dodge attacks and 30% chance to dodge spells. Honestly, I don't even know the difference between evading and dodging, much less what the implications of these changes are to this particular build. None of the builds I've made in this game so far have been ones that rely on any type of statistical evasion; can people with practical experience comment on this trade-off?

...My first post in several weeks.

First off, a brief look into defensive attributes. These are in the order the game rolls them. Everything is for attacks; spells are only affected if specified or damage mitigation. read the wiki for further explanations. There are other aspects I'm not factoring in such as any amount of ES nets 50% less chance to be stunned and chance to be stunned is based on your max life.

Evasion: Formula - (Attacker's Accuracy) / (Defender's evasion). Blind debuff will halve the chance to hit here. Success - no hit/damage applied. Failure - dodge rolled.

Dodge: Success - no hit/damage applied. Failure - hit is applied (on hit effects and stun now apply) and block is rolled.

Block: Success - no damage (including ailments) applied - if the attack would have stunned, stun applied multiplied by block recovery. Failure - damage mitigation is applied.

Damage mitigation: Armour, physical damage mitigation, and resistances. The percentage of damage mitigated from armour is relevant to the amount of damage received (armour provides less mitigation the greater the hit). Armour formula - (armour) / (armour + 10 * raw physical damage).

With all that in mind you will have greater survivability against numerous small hits, but many more hits will become potential one-shot mechanics, and you will have to rely on RNG to save you. It's a preference really with neither superior to the other, but I'd prefer to have less things potentially one shot me.
I am currently using dual dagger

Should I switch to doryani catalyst as it is good for inpulsa right?
Still same problem with fast (like one shot) deaths on high tier map, most often (about 80-90%) - from syndicat.
Its really not save in many case - after first hit my witch stunned and after second - died without any chance to survive.
Some boss make same things.
Filling like glass cannon build from almost any high tier map syndicate encounter.
"
iunewind wrote:
Still same problem with fast (like one shot) deaths on high tier map, most often (about 80-90%) - from syndicat.
Its really not save in many case - after first hit my witch stunned and after second - died without any chance to survive.
Some boss make same things.
Filling like glass cannon build from almost any high tier map syndicate encounter.

Swap some %life nodes for the Purity Of Flesh cluster for some chaos res, and get an Atziri flask for activatable Chaos res.

You have 52 and 51 Cold and Fire res over cap, so you can shuffle some resistances and get some fire/cold/light + chaos res crafts (helm, ring, gloves, boots), that could help too.

All these should make a big difference against syndicate, in total you should go from -45% to +25% res while fighting syndicate with flask activated (not to mention more dmg done)

Still in the mud
Chaos res will help for survive almost one shoot killing?
(thanks, f curse, im try it, just wondering).

Most of death from syndicate its very fast (~1 sec) death after second powerfull hit. Often im have totally stunned character, so i cant evade next hit by wirlng blades or flame dash and die just after my IC ended.
Also on high tier syndicate boss make huge damage just from one hits (remove 2/3 of life and mana) so any next hit deadly and if its spawned 2 or 3 its can hit in a row and if first hit stun me...
Last edited by iunewind on Feb 18, 2019, 4:31:29 AM
Assuming you're not running Lightning Spire Trap for single target on bosses, but just Storm Brand for utility purposes.

In that scenario doesn't Elemental Focus beat out any non Spell Echo support by a decent margin in terms of boss dps. Since the way Elementalist's apply shock and chill is with any lightning/cold damage if you're applying storm brand to the enemy you will get the same shock/chill effect as with Arc(unless you're hitting Shaper for a million damage per Arc or something) so if Arc doesn't need to apply ailments Elemental Focus should heavily outperform penetration/added lightning/controlled destruction/hypothermia?

Obviously pointless to do for clearing since you will lose chill for hypothermia and shock in general(especially important for Inpulsa's) which will be both loss of damage and explosions with Inpulsa's.

I picked a few random Arc witches from poe.ninja and imported their builds into PoB and switching L penetration->Ele focus seemed to indicate a 500-600k dps increase. I picked builds that already had 2 mil dps, but going to 2.5 should be a pretty substantial deal with the caveat that you will need to always have brand applied.
Any thoughts on that? Someone tested the "feel" of it as that calculation goes out the window if you're not applying your shock and chill?
Found this helmet

Should I use it?
If I use it my dps and resistance drop quite a lot so im thinking of selling it.
How much the price would be for this helmet?
"
iunewind wrote:
Chaos res will help for survive almost one shoot killing?
(thanks, f curse, im try it, just wondering).

Most of death from syndicate its very fast (~1 sec) death after second powerfull hit. Often im have totally stunned character, so i cant evade next hit by wirlng blades or flame dash and die just after my IC ended.
Also on high tier syndicate boss make huge damage just from one hits (remove 2/3 of life and mana) so any next hit deadly and if its spawned 2 or 3 its can hit in a row and if first hit stun me...

Syndicate in general has a lot of chaos dmg, so specifically there, it should help, both with surviving and less stun.

For bosses, it is generally learning the boss and moving playing safer/smarter. Some things will oneshot, no matter what.

Your unique jewels are not very good either, try and get some good 3 mod rare jewels as mentioned in the guide.
Still in the mud
Last edited by Infernosaint on Feb 18, 2019, 6:17:13 AM
"
Spiritual Aid makes "Minions deal #% increased damage" apply to us!

A question plz : Why you not play "Minion Damage Support" with yours golems?

Minion Damage Support Lvl 21/20% gives 65% increased damage!

[/quote] Hah, fair enough. I was on my phone when I wrote that and couldn't see your whole skill tree.

So, disregarding the other variations you've made with passive skill point allocation (Fangs of the Viper, Nullification, Revenge of the Hunted), if I were to gain one more level (currently level 97) and spec Phase Acrobatics into my own build, this would be the requisite trade-off:

Lose:
43% increased maximum life
+8% to chaos resistance
26% increased effect of flasks on you
10% increased flask effect duration

Gain:
+70 to dexterity
30% chance to dodge spell hits
30% chance to dodge attack hits
10% additional chance to dodge attack hits
50% less armor
30% less energy shield
30% less chance to block spell and attack damage

Can anyone offer insight on the trade-off? I'm capable of plugging these changes into PoB, but I don't know how to meaningfully interpret the stat changes.

Edit: according to PoB, this seems to result in the loss of about 700 life, 150 energy shield, and 7% chance to block attack damage, plus the increased flask effect/duration noted above. The payoff is 40% chance to dodge attacks and 30% chance to dodge spells. Honestly, I don't even know the difference between evading and dodging, much less what the implications of these changes are to this particular build. None of the builds I've made in this game so far have been ones that rely on any type of statistical evasion; can people with practical experience comment on this trade-off? [/quote]

I've tried both,with my gear, and i prefer phase acro, again with "my gear". I only gave up 275 life and 50k dps, but my gear is pretty optimized.

i say try and see, that's the only way i found out. i was hesitant cause i used phase acro before so i understood how it worked, just never with this build. Until i tried it and found out, worse case scenario you waste a few regrets lol.
Last edited by Soulhassorrow on Feb 18, 2019, 10:41:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info