Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
BlastingMouz wrote:
Hey, newish player. I've had a bit of currency to spend so I decide to try and roll a decent helmt. I've been fossil crafting on this helmet.

I'm wondering if I should stick with this or continue to roll it until I get T1/2 spell damage with a high life roll, some resists and the 'Nearby Enemies have -9% to Lightning Resistance' mod or level 18+ Innervate.

I'm also looking for some overall gearing advice. I figured that when I swap to a new helmet I should redo my wise oak balance and try to get a few more damage and mana mods in where I can.

If the helmet is below ilvl84, I'd probably keep that roll and use it while trying to roll a better helm that's capable of rolling tier 1 lightning damage to spells. If it's ilvl84 or higher, I'd try for a roll with tier 1 lightning damage along with high life and one high resistance roll, with room to enchant either mana or more resistances, depending on what you need. If you get another damage mod on top of all that, you've already hit the jackpot, as such a helm would probably be worth 10+ exalts.

As for your gear, I'd ditch Bubonic Trail in favour of boots with high life and triple res, one being chaos. I know the guide mentions Bubonic Trail as a good pair of boots, but that was before chaos resistance became that much more important due to Syndicate encounters, and boots is an excellent slot to get it from, since you won't miss it when you swap to Kaom's Roots for Uber Elder. You can also get high resistances much easier on boots and good damage affixes much easier on abyss jewels. The amount of more impactful affixes you sacrifice to get the 40% damage from using 4 different jewels is easily compensated by good Hypnotic Eye jewels with flat lightning damage rolls, plus those can have up to 50 life which translates to up to 140ish effective HP after percentage based increases are applied.

Another quick fix you could do is reroll your Basalt flask to have 2 uses during boss fights. While you're at it, I'd move the bleed immunity from that flask to either the Life or the Sulphur flask, because with only 1-2 charges, you might find yourself unable to remove bleed on some maps/delves with Vulnerability curse, tons of Bloodlines magic packs or tough enemies (e.g. red beasts) with corrupting blood.
@sny83 thread
Spoiler
"
sny83 wrote:
"
BlastingMouz wrote:
Hey, newish player. I've had a bit of currency to spend so I decide to try and roll a decent helmt. I've been fossil crafting on this helmet.

I'm wondering if I should stick with this or continue to roll it until I get T1/2 spell damage with a high life roll, some resists and the 'Nearby Enemies have -9% to Lightning Resistance' mod or level 18+ Innervate.

I'm also looking for some overall gearing advice. I figured that when I swap to a new helmet I should redo my wise oak balance and try to get a few more damage and mana mods in where I can.

If the helmet is below ilvl84, I'd probably keep that roll and use it while trying to roll a better helm that's capable of rolling tier 1 lightning damage to spells. If it's ilvl84 or higher, I'd try for a roll with tier 1 lightning damage along with high life and one high resistance roll, with room to enchant either mana or more resistances, depending on what you need. If you get another damage mod on top of all that, you've already hit the jackpot, as such a helm would probably be worth 10+ exalts.

As for your gear, I'd ditch Bubonic Trail in favour of boots with high life and triple res, one being chaos. I know the guide mentions Bubonic Trail as a good pair of boots, but that was before chaos resistance became that much more important due to Syndicate encounters, and boots is an excellent slot to get it from, since you won't miss it when you swap to Kaom's Roots for Uber Elder. You can also get high resistances much easier on boots and good damage affixes much easier on abyss jewels. The amount of more impactful affixes you sacrifice to get the 40% damage from using 4 different jewels is easily compensated by good Hypnotic Eye jewels with flat lightning damage rolls, plus those can have up to 50 life which translates to up to 140ish effective HP after percentage based increases are applied.

Another quick fix you could do is reroll your Basalt flask to have 2 uses during boss fights. While you're at it, I'd move the bleed immunity from that flask to either the Life or the Sulphur flask, because with only 1-2 charges, you might find yourself unable to remove bleed on some maps/delves with Vulnerability curse, tons of Bloodlines magic packs or tough enemies (e.g. red beasts) with corrupting blood.

Thanks for the advice.

The helemt is ilvl 85, so I'll continue to roll it. I feel pretty comfortable dumping a few more ex into it. With fossil crafting I'm getting something that looks like that every 3 to 4 rolls.

The Bubonic Trail dropped for me, so I just ran with it. I havn't looked to much at replacing them because the give 4.5% of my damage, 300 life, and the extra sockets (didn't need the links without the Lightning Spire trap). I havn't need any axtra chaos resist so far, the syndicate encounters have been more about good reaction time to interventions. That being said, the archers do chunk me for ~70% of my hp.

Replacing the Bubonic Trials with rare boots seems like a good idea. I can get a pair of boots that covers the life loss, 2 resists, and move speed. With an empty suffix I can get 30% effect of shock from the crafting bench(30% increase to effect of non-damaging ailments). Since I'm lossing 10% shock with my 2 worst abyssal jewels, the additional shock covers ~2.7 of my damage loss (gets me to 49% min increased shock damage). So I just need to cover the other 2% damage, so I can craft a better dagger to replace my first one and I have 2 more more suffix slots to play around with on my ring.

Selling the Bubonic Trails should cover rolling the helmet, ring, and boots. Anything left over can go towards getting a 21/20 lightning golem and then to a new dagger.

Thanks for the heads up on the flasks, feels a lot better against maps with bleeds.
can someone help me with my build im rly new to poe and thats my second char. i dont know how to upgrade and have rly low budget atm, just around 200c. you can check on my profile. i think its rly expensive to upgrade and i dont know how to get that much currency from here on. especially my daggers need upgrade but its too expensive atm i think.
Hi guys,

Sorry for the noob question about dagger crafting, after I have "gain X% elemental damage as chao" and regal it, how can I guarantee orb of annulment will remove the modifier I dont want rather than the one I want to keep.

Cheers
"
Cyanold wrote:
Hi guys,

Sorry for the noob question about dagger crafting, after I have "gain X% elemental damage as chao" and regal it, how can I guarantee orb of annulment will remove the modifier I dont want rather than the one I want to keep.

Cheers

You can't. It's a 50/50 chance.

Also remember to check first. You might get a good mod when you regal. T1/T2 Lightning Dmg to spells or T1 Penetration are both good to multimod off, as long as you have T1 Chaos dmg.

T2 lightning dmg to spells is the same roll as max crafted lightning dmg, so you dont lose anything, and if you get T1 Lightning dmg (like one of mine did), it's actually better than crafted lightning dmg.
Still in the mud
Last edited by Infernosaint on Feb 7, 2019, 4:24:56 AM
"
Cyanold wrote:
Hi guys,

Cheers

Like Infernosaint said, annuls have an equal chance to remove any of the affixes of an item (i.e. 50%/50% for 2-affix items, 33%/33%/33% for 3-affix, etc.), you can't guarantee success. What you can do to minimise the loss if the annul removes the wrong affix is use the "Create imprint of a magic item" beastcrafting recipe on the shaped dagger before regal-ing it. You can use the imprint to revert to the magic, 1-affix version of the dagger that you can regal/annul again.
"
BlastingMouz wrote:

Hey, what fossil are you using for helmet crafting? pristine and metallic in a 2 slot resonator are enought? or should I use also a prismatic one?
Hi guys, new player here, I've been having so much fun with this build and I can proudly say it's the 1st build I've levelled to 89, hopefully hitting 90 today.

I'm struggling to understand where to go from here. Could you look into my profile an provide some tips?

I would like to reach this season to shapper and then try if I could to do ubber elder......but I know it's a real long shot.

Anyway, I'm currently sitting on around 4-5ex of currency, I would obviously need to farm a lot more for high expensive upgrades. Any help and directions would be really welcomed.

Thanks!
"
Jomosmo wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, what fossil are you using for helmet crafting? pristine and metallic in a 2 slot resonator are enought? or should I use also a prismatic one?

I crafted this helmet using just pristine + metallic:

I'm pretty sure adding prismatic just lowers your chances of getting the lightning damage affixes by adding a couple more affixes into the rollable pool. You'll mostly be getting Lightning resistance rolls this way, but you can add a second resistance (or mana, depending on which you lack more) from the crafting bench later. Save prismatic fossils for belt or ring crafting IMO.
"
Jomosmo wrote:
"
BlastingMouz wrote:

I used these, (aetheric, pristine, and metallic).

Whenever I had a 4 fossil I would throw in a frigid or a prismatic. As @sny83 said you only need the metallic+pristine, the extra fossils just make it more reliable to roll. It still took me a couple ex to get a roll I liked though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info