Non fixed boxes in the Sig Race.

So either get rid of the first race record, or this is standing the entire season.

I just don't get you GGG, you fly Greendude to NZ but you can't have people who actually understand racing testing things? Everytime something like this happens I grow a little more disillusioned with how racing is.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
If the boxes are random that is pretty rough.. I only opened a couple that race, skipped a gemcutters and some others.
I opened everybox I saw and was still barely 29 after dominus
"
Pam wrote:
I opened everybox I saw and was still barely 29 after dominus

A suboptimal strat for a 2 hour sig doesn't mean much for your level in relation to boxes. They aren't fixed, its pretty silly.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
fits with the theme of the race tbh. 2hr rng solo
and docks is almost the same situation as season 9, leap slam op there

Tried out spec throw ranger in tidal after race, only got 1.3m splits, maybe another class does better but holy god does progressing suck. Getting to Crematorium takes FOREVER, warehouse sewers is pretty meh (though strat can be changed to work around this), and the docks layout is nuts. The actual inside of Crematorium isn't too bad, though.

Archives is crap because the distance between packs is god awful.

But the boxes not being fixed is probably the biggest mistake in this race season over all of them.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
They probably should remove the boxes totally from competitive races, they are probably even more rng than exiles. This is probably still true even if their locations were tied into the layout seed like shrines because you can roll them with currency and get very very different drops.
Dear GGG, I would like to see strongboxes removed from the signature races for the same reason that exiles were removed - they bring in too much loot RNG into the equation.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
"
Morsexier wrote:
A suboptimal strat for a 2 hour sig doesn't mean much for your level in relation to boxes. They aren't fixed, its pretty silly.

I think it's a bit early to call progression suboptimal, but I share your feelings about the boxes.
I know I could shave 5 min off the dominus kill, and I had really low to no density all the way.
Last edited by Pam on Oct 24, 2014, 7:16:13 PM
"
Pam wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:

I think it's a bit early to call progression suboptimal, but I share your feelings about the boxes.
I know I could shave 5 min off the dominus kill, and I had really low to no density all the way.

I wish we were friends.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info