More Forsaken Masters Information

"
Not to go too far off track here, but...

"
grepman wrote:
now you dont expect to take up chess, play 1-2 hours a day and beat out your community chess champ even after a year, do you ? exactly, but chess is a game of function of skill

Serious:
...if you played chess for 1-2 hours per day I would seriously expect you to be able to handily beat even above-average community champs after a year. Although the speed of chess progression varies by individual, anyone who studies 7 hours per week could reasonably expect to become competetive at a community level (even in most cities) within one year. You may not be a master, but by that time you sure should be able to understand masters' strategies. Even if you just "play" (as in casually) for 7 hours a week you should see dramatic improvement within a year.

youll see a dramatic improvement, but you wont beat your community champ, who practiced chess seriously for many years.

again, chess or DOTA or Quake 3 or Poker are games of skill (well poker is obviously rng to some extent but still a game of skill first and foremost)

PoE is a game of hours put in.
"

Im not asking for advantages im asking for a better reward to play time ratio. And games where i play all year long without finding a 6L or getting one without throwing my non existent 1500+ fusings at an item is just not a reward i look forward to. Its like hoping for a zod rune in D2 or one of those shavs or kaoms chests i also never found.

thats fair enough
I agree, and seemingly GGG agrees too. they upped the drop rates of mid tier uniques significantly and top tier uniques a bit as well. I barely play nowadays but I get a mid tier unique like lioneyes or bor or abyssus nearly every time I play, with little to no mf.

they couldve just upped the rate of 6L success as opposed to making it a set price. this way it would help 'rich' and 'poor' alike. now a 6L just becomes a glorified vendor item you just need currency for.
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Each Master has a Hideout in a different tileset. Once a Master reaches level 3, he offers to take you to the Hideout to preview it. If you like it, you can make it your Hideout. There's no cost for this.
As you level your Master up, you're able to upgrade the size of your Hideout. There are three sizes and they each support a different number of Masters (ranging from 2 to 4).

I don't get this part, you say that each master has a hideout in a different tileset, and then you say that you can have 4 masters in one hideout?

You have one hideout. Within that hideout you can have as many as 4 masters. You must choose a tile set. These tile sets are each specific to a master, and you unlock it by getting to the proper level (I think level 3?) with that master. Until you have unlocked at least one tile set, you may not have a hideout.
Excellent update info. Everything looks solid, just the kind of changes I was hoping for.

Props again GGG.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
This will probably get lost in the many comments but i was wondering how league mergers would affect masters progress?
Thank you so much guys!
"
Strife14 wrote:
This will probably get lost in the many comments but i was wondering how league mergers would affect masters progress?

Progress will transfer from temp to perm league upon mergers.
Will the Forsaken Masters' shop costs be the same on standard (where there's a lot more currency around) as on challenge leagues?
Quod efficax non stultum
"
jaredh wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"

Its just a game and its supposed to be fun and its not fun seeing others try 6 gem combos while i sit on my 3 and 4 gem combos.

and herein lies the problem. in a game without inherent skill, people who put in 100x hours more should have some kind of advantage, no ?

You're right! No, you should not have some kind of advantage. Spot on.

Are people forgetting this is an ARPG? The whole fun of the game is finding gear. Killing things fast and leveling up come second. Every successful ARPG has been about grinding for gear. If items came easy this game would not be fun. It'd be just like Torchlight or some other lame ARPG. If you are good at the game and managing your time in it you will acquire currency.
IGN MrSquats
You know what would be cool, if we could change the skin of our character. Say… I really want to start over at scion, because I like some scion builds. At the same time I’m a dude and I believe in playing male characters. So, why not instead of adapting a Scion build to a shadow or a marauder starting area and losing some points (thereby making the build less survivable, for example, because I’d have to give up a defensive cluster until I’m literally lvl 100), I’d be able to buy a microtransaction which would let me put on a marauder skin onto a scion or a Witch character.

Or maybe classes could get both genders.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info