Summon Raging Spirit

Testing this skill for every league since raging spirit out, till the ai reworked (max skulls per target), i found 2 major issues that never been fixed and I'm enough with this skill anymore.

So far the skill works like this.

U summmon, it goes one by one, hitting ur target.
It doesnt have any problem on having the skulls targetting A SINGLE TARGET

This is the first problem.

When there is more target to hit, the skulls become like this.

u can see here the first skull should be hitting target A because it reaches 1st. but he bypass and went behind to hit target B, but rest of his friends hitting target A. This shouldn't be happening as the target A had no skulls targeting him.

This become problematic when the boss starts summoning adds. only 2 or 3 out of 10 skulls are left to hit the boss.

This is the Second problem. which everyone complain about.

Take an example of the breach league, When the monsters are spawned throughout a time period. You can see some raging skulls had no idea what they want to do. Instead of killing the target A, some skull wandered around find a new target, but once they found it, they wandered around again.

TLDR : setting summon raging spirit from 50 to 20 is bascially a nerf due to the problematic nature above.
It used to be (Summon 50) - (the retarded ones) = aoe clear
Now is (Summon 20) - ( the retarded ones ) = aoe become much smaller.

Yeah the AI rework was optimized for 50 SRS. Their AI is very poor for a 20 cap now. Boss fights with adds and breach mechanics are a real headache. It's extremely unfortunate that GGG will probably keep it like this for the duration of the league.

The AI should have been updated when the cap was lowered.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
From 50 to 20 SrS global nerf, why? i only saw blade vortex threads/posts with "Nerf please" "its OP" "QQ" but not a single related to SrS, you tried to balance something that wasn't need to be balance from the begging and simply made it just like Reduced mana gem(Useless gem). I for example had in standard 2 years gem lvl 21/20 corrupted that also got changed form 50 to 20 (Copied from your WIKI: Once an item is corrupted, it can no longer be modified )
Last edited by administrator100 on Dec 16, 2016, 6:34:55 PM
I feel that, balance-wise, SRS is in a good spot now. But it bothers me that there is no proximity-based priority system for targetting, or if there is, it is not working very well. Currently, I can have a mob wailing on my face as I francticly tries to summon more spirits to deal with it, only for them to completely ignore it and zoom off to a target 50m away.

Also, please make the spirits more responsive when summoned. Do they really need to hover infront of their summoner for a second before zooming off? Are we actually giving them individual, verbal commands or something?
Hi guys,

i cant find any answer about:

1. Interactions between Avatar of Fire and SRS. Does AoF converts the other 50% of physical damage?
2. It's written, that no passives apply to SRS, does this also mean to "chance to ignite"?
3. Does also "increase fire damage/ increase elemental damage" not apply to SRS?
4. If a Skull inflicts an ignite, does the "increase damage over time" apply to this ignite?

Ty für input.

Last edited by Sif0Di4s on Jan 4, 2017, 2:55:19 PM
"
Sif0Di4s wrote:
1. Interactions between Avatar of Fire and SRS. Does AoF converts the other 50% of physical damage?
2. It's written, that no passives apply to SRS, does this also mean to "chance to ignite"?
3. Does also "increase fire damage/ increase elemental damage" not apply to SRS?
4. If a Skull inflicts an ignite, does the "increase damage over time" apply to this ignite?

Same answer for every question: Minions are not you. Your modifiers do not apply to your Minions unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Does SRS actually lose base attack damage percent per level? I've been datamining some things and noticed that PlayerRagingSpiritMeleeAttack scales lower with each level (and I don't believe it's 100 - x stat). So would this mean that level 1 SRS would do 176% damage while level 30 does 147% base damage (important for auras/added damage gems)?

I'm trying to calculate the damage/dps/etc of SRS from files, and right now I'm using the following formula:

SRS Level = Lvl requirement for gem
Base monster lvl damage = DefaultMonsterStats damage
Min Damage = <base damage for monsters of SRS lvl> * <Damage Multiplier for SummonedSkull / 100> * <Active Skill Multiplier (100 + active_skill_damage_+%_final)/100 > + <added base min damage>
Max Damage = Min Damage * 1.5 + <added base max damage>
Base Attackspeed = 1000 / <attack time in monster varities> * <stat more multiplier for attack speed>

There's also phys -> fire damage conversion that adds 1 extra damage due to damage conversion rounding (ie, 6.5 phys and 6.5 fire damage -> 7 phys and 7 fire damage). SRS has +4 min and +5 max base phys damage also (I assume for lower levels where the damage would be too low).

So Attack Speed at all levels = 1000 / 855 * 1.4 = 1.637

And damage for level 1 SRS gem lvl 4 monster:
18-25 damage, 34.58 dps

Level 10 gem level 36 monster:
94-137 damage, 224.23 dps

Level 20 SRS level 70:
506-757 damage, 1033.44 dps

Level 30 SRS level 90 monster:
1247-1870 damage, 2551.44 dps

I also want to note that I have no clue how to get the max damage multiplier, so I use 1.5x base damage. I tested on cannibals on cruel ledge (they do 100-150 damage with 100 base damage at that level), so I'm assuming it's normally 1.5x. Zombies/Skeletons are closer to 2.5 and decreases as they level according to the old stat sheet, though I haven't data mined that yet (in case there's some +min/+max base damage).

I can clarify parts of this, but I'd love to be able to property datamine this. I've noticed the poedb values are much closer to the Raise Zombie/Summon Skeleton damage curves though. Thanks for any help.
The SRS AI is horrible, it shows its flaws hard in breaches, where appearently the spirit has to spend time picking targets, repicking targets and then chase after that really fast mob. Meanwhile I am getting whacked by some random mob right next to it! WTF, make it simple, please, just make it attack the closest target please!
What is wrong with srs' performance in parties? I have stable 60 fps and 15ms solo (unless i activate all 3 vaal auras and 20 srs with some league mods, then ms spikes a bit), but when i party even with a single person the ping (fps still stable 60) spikes every time somebody uses a movement skill and doing beyond/breach with vaal haste is on the edge of crashing instance, how is this even allowed in the game in such state?
Last edited by artojas on Mar 9, 2017, 7:54:10 AM
Hello,
Sorry for my bad english (Google Trad) :)

I test a SRS build launched by totem. I understand after reading this post that the SRS are not affected by the elemental damage.

By cons I wondered, if he could be affected by liabilities regarding the totem? As for example "Totem Damage" or which affects the spells launched by totems like "Totem Attack and Cast Speed".

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info